best/funniest reactions from a scare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best/funniest reactions from a scare

Let's hear some of the best one's that you've had.

We had a group of high school kids come threw typical I'm not scared/you can't scare me. Well happened to be running a chainsaw that night. They came around the corner and came face to face with a chainsaw running wide open! Made 2 of the 6 pee themselves! I couldn't stop laughing the rest of the night.

Also same spot had a guy turn to run, hit the wall and knock himself out cold!

Two good one's from this year.

I was in the Butcher room and I am on an elevated platform as they come through. I did my speil and my cackle and I then swing out with the big fake meat cleaver like I am going to take their heads. (the swing is way above anyone's head but things look funky in strobe light) the last guy in this group literally crawls through the scene to avoid it and was exiting when my partner in crime let out a last minute gotcha and the guy nearly climed the top of the wall along the exit out of the scene.

The second I was on chainsaw duty one night near the exit. well the trail guide lines wrap around a tree where my charge at them usually stops. one guy grabed the tree and refused to let go. I moved the chainsaw around to the other side like I was going to cut him in half along with the tree and he shot up the trail past the exit.

And I got a late start on the past season so this one should have a ton more fun.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Fun todaY!

First a daytime tour , a young Dad and Mom , 2 little kids.
      I scared Dad, then I waited til Dad passed by me and I scared Mom. gotta pass it around, can't play favorites. This gives everyone something to talk about, forever!
      "He scared you!" Well he got you too!"
      then a large group tonight the guy leading them was realy easy and fun to scare but I allowed him a free pass so I could scare some of the rest of them to see what I may have been missing? Surprise! SCared you! And I discovered more easy to scare people right there beside of him.
      It struck me as so funny when in broad daylight I scared the woman far behind the rest and she screamed and none of them had a clue as to what had happened! (But they found out a little later!)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

My first year at Scarowinds, I was lurking under a vortex light and would pop out at people unseen until I was right underneath them. I had various managers and people take breaks at the bench behind me so they could watch me work. One night I hit this Chinese family. "Granny" didn't take too kindly to my scare and began flailing at me with her purse.

I'm 6'0", 250 pounds. She's 4'11" 85 pounds (maybe) and wouldn't stop going after me. The security guy sitting on the bench behind me couldn't stop laughing long enough to pull her away. After about 30 seconds, I backed up to a tarp, lost my balance, and fell underneath it. She immediately went after me and it was only then that security got up and took her away.

Her family was very apologetic and almost stopped laughing enough to tell me that she had a bet with her son that no one could scare her that evening and she was so mad that she lost that she took it out on me...
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

That "Scare-You" Bet/Thing

I overheard the one brother say:"We bet Jerry that Jim couldn't scare us, yet he's scared me three times already, I owe Jerry $30.oo!"
          "He scared me two times too, I owe Jerry $20.oo!!!"
          (These 25-28 yr. old men were tough-talking Big City transplants who seemed to like to brag a fair amount.)
          "Look at that."
          "What is it?"
          "I dunno, looks like a coffin and a funeral."
          They step closer looking through the wall of thick plexiglass into the dimmly lit room.
          I am standing out of sight at the edge of the frame for the plexiglass. I swung my black cape against the plexiglass and they both scream and fall to the floor!
          "Oh, no, now I owe Jerry $40.oo!"
          "I owe him $30.00!"
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I told a guy that if he wanted to make it out alive he would need to leave all distractions and things that could slow him down. All the while interacting with him in a calm slightly sinister voice. In this case he took it to mean his girlfriend.
            He was freaking out because i was sort of in his bubble so he turns to her and says "Sorry babe its not you, its me" and he bolted out of my room. I am in good shape, and I couldnt keep up. This guy was out of there fast.

Comment

Don't know if this qualifies as a reaction to a scare or not, but was pretty funny. Tthe bed at the end of this hallway has a static prop covered with a sheet. Purposely put there as a distraction. The hall also has 4 drop panels (2 on either side). One woman got within about 10' of the bed and crawled on her hands an knees to sneak past the bed....LOL.
              Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Just My FACE!

I used to wear a long black cape, the rest of me all in black too.
                My old house tour used to see us traveling back up the stairs a second time, "second time", relaxes many because they have been there" before".
                I got some speed up, went up the stairs, around the corner, through a doorway that had no door , stepped up on an 18 inch high stool, put my arm out above the doorway allowing the black cape to hang down making it look as if the cape was actually a curtain in the doorway.
                The tour was just three people, a guy maybe 30 and two women both hanging on him as they allowed him to be the trailblazer.
                They stood there for a moment trying to decide which way to go, then he put an arm out and pushed the middle of my cape aside to look down the long hallway. He took a step, turned his head ,looked up and saw me, my face, just maybe 15 inches from his, above him.
                He hollered out! Somehow shuffled his feet very quickly in reverse without falling down, taking the two scared women across the room with him, eventually slamming them backwards into the wall maybe 12 feet away!
                I think he was drunk, how this made him more scared, I don't know?
                I say he was drunk because he had just been telling me that the reason he came here was because he saw my sign along the highway and he said it as if he had just very recently saw it...but the sign had been gone for at least six months!?
                I know, I know, now everybody wants a haunted house sign like that!
                No physical sign, no hassles of placement or rental fees, yet it somehow brings in bussiness!?
                Just send cash today to :Phantom Enterprises Sign company. 411 N. Carroll St. Mount Caroll, ill.61053..don't worry, you won't see your phantom sign but your money WILL get spent that you send me!
                Send lot$!
                We have a deal on multiple signs too, just send MORE MONEY!
                thankx!
                Franchises are still availble in some areas.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

My favorite scares of the year always involve dropping people to the ground.

While working a window with a curtain in a room with an exorcist bed I would have the other actor in my area serve as a distraction. She would yell through a hole in the wall where they could see her face. At that time the whole group let their guard down and right then (im standing on a chair) I throw half my body out the window and just completly drop the entire group. With them basically sitting on the ground now I just growled at them "take a seat" and they had nothing to say just ran away in fear.

I got another group the next night with the same reaction and the other actor and I couldnt stop laughing.

One other memorable scares was on slow nights I would crawl out of my window at guests and the crawl on the floor. I could do this without fear of missing a group and it always freaked out the entire group. I would crawl out the window then crawl on the ground slowly towards them, the second a group looked back I'd always get the "what the f*ck" and they start running away when I window drop box prop with them and again they'd hit the floor.

Comment

I was acting like a prop (scarecrow "hanging" in a slat hallway) and people would walk past trying to figure out if I was real. When the group was almost past, I lunged toward them and screamed. That night, I managed to drop a 400 pound, 6-foot-something guy to the ground just by turning my head.

In the same spot, there was a guy a little ahead of his group who ducked behind the wall I was against, ready to jump out at them. I don't know if he didn't see me, or if he didn't think I was real, but after he scared his friends I went up and tapped him on the shoulder. I've never heard a grown man scream like such a girl. :-)

Comment

Yes!!

Scaring someone who is concentrating on scaring someone else is always alot of FUN!
                      (Maybe that's why I seem to build those many hiding places here?)
                      "Dropped him to the floor by just turning your head?" I love the quieter scares that often achieve reactions more extreme than a big loud monsterous ones.
                      Subtle is scary.
                      At least it is if the customer is paying attention to their surroundings. (Versus hiding their eyes in their friend's back)
                      Of course not running 80 MPH through the place and providing enough light to see something have to be in place too....but I love those quiet, minimal movement acts that send people screaming and jerking, quite a power trip!
                      I have a video of me slightly gesturing as I am calmly, normally talking in the front room and this movement scared the crap out of this one young woman standing infront of me, a few seconds later during the bogus "Supernatural Experiment" she was minorly participating in, she ran screaming to the back of the room saying, to her friends, "You Lied to Me! you lied to me!!" (That it wouldn't be scary??)
                      She really responded to my mere floating up through the ceiling and dissappearing...for some reason?
                      (It's a realy high ceiling too)
                      Last edited by Jim Warfield; 01-28-2010, 08:10 AM.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Area 51 aka alien room

My very first season with Death Row back in 01 at the former 100 year old prison, I was working in the alien room, we were slammed on this particular night. This group has no choice but to stop in my scene. They were in there with me for what seemed to me like forever. They all had a chance to do what most don't, REALLY stop & stare at EVERYTHING! This little boy eyeballs me, he was about 7, maybe 8 years young, about 4 ft tall, he proceeds to walk up to me & just stare at my mask. I still believe he was trying to see if he could past my plastic mirror reflectioned eyes to see my real eyes. He finally gives up & walks back to his group & stands in line again. Minutes later he tests me again, stares at me again, then the little f'er stomps on my foot as hard as he can. I say nothing & don't move. He looks up at me again, starring. Next thing I know he hits me in my stomach, this of course knocks me backwards a little bit as it would've a static prop. I still say nothing & continue to watch. Again he gives up & finally returns to his group.
                        For what seems like forever once again, the group doesn't move. I finally make my move, convinced that as far as this group is concerned I'm just another prop in the room. I WAS RIGHT! I lunged forward, uncrossed my arms from my chest & screamed as loud as I could through my mask. EVERY SINGLE PERSON either jumped backwards, fell to the floor, or held their chest! I had punked everyone! What about the little boy? Let's just say I'm willing to bet he'll never touch another prop ever again!

Ya never know when those little suckers will come to life!
                        Last edited by newhorror2010; 01-26-2010, 02:37 PM.
                        John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

"Newt", that was funny!

And similair but with a different ending for my first employee I ever had here.

my man was already retired around late 50's and not the brightest, shall I say?

I gave him a oversized mask to wear and told him to sit on a couch that was in the middle of a maze and not to let anyone punch or kick him. React first, move, growl, something...
                          At the end of the night he came to me huffing and puffing, mad and began telling how a woman had said to her friends:"I bet he's real,."
                          Then kicked him hard in the shins, not once but numerous times!
                          He said, "Said to myself, To Heck with YOU! I'm not going to move or anything and you will never find out if I'm real or not!"

I try to design my scares so is is very difficult if not impossible for the customers to reach the one whose job it is to scare them.
                          I also stress to employees not to get close enough to get punched but if they are advancing to do this run away after you temporarilly blind them with your bright flashlight..go get help.

One time an employee just vanished during a tour. He finally crawled up out of an open grave, he was wearing a mask and someone punched him, knocking him out!
                          By the time we found him the tour was long gone, and out of the house.
                          He got too close.
                          He suffered no perminent injury.

At a house not far from mine an employee showed up late, the owner threw him an old furr coat and a werewolf mask and since this employee was a short guy was told to just crawl around and scare people...15 minutes later the short, crawling werewolf was sporting some freshly broken ribs.
                          Is is very easy to kick someone in their ribs if they are crawling infront of you....DUH?
                          Last edited by Jim Warfield; 01-26-2010, 08:58 PM.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We had a girl sh!et herself at Graystone in'08.And of all places it was in the maze.And her group of friends could'nt get out quick enough...

Comment

Best reaction that I still don't understand HOW?! There were these 2 guys both around their 20s making the usual,"not scary, won't get me;" this is when me (the chainsaw guy) smiles and bursts through a side door in one swift pull got saw at full throttle....I swear like scooby doo one guy jumps straight up and just lands into the other guys arms.........I just turned off my saw and burst out laughing as the 2 guys stood there white and shaking, then I turned away to go into the shack then quickly turn around start saw and chase them into the next trail. I still to this day wondered how the hell does that happen?!

Comment

Working...
                              X