No announcement yet.

West Coast Haunters Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd, I typed in .com for the email... fixed that.

Still working on the .com names.

Vendors and speakers are starting to talk now.

More soon..Ed
    Ed Roberts
    Founder
    The Nightmare Factory
    www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
    www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Updates next week, busy days ahead...

Ed
      Last edited by The Nightmare Factory; 02-03-2010, 12:33 AM.
      Ed Roberts
      Founder
      The Nightmare Factory

Comment

We are now looking for several speakers for classes and or workshops. If you are interested in speaking or know someone that might be (or someone that might be a good speaker for us to invite). We have seven in the wings and need five or so more!

Please get in touch with me at westcoasthauntcon@gmail.com

We are also offering vendors, up to 30 this year, a deal on booth space, one that no one else can beat, WHY? Becasue we know the risk involved in coimg to a brand new convention and one that is in uncharted terror-tory!

Want more?

One of our target markets is schools for the deaf. Yep, we are a school, we have run a haunt for 22 years, and want to share with other schools what we have leand over those 22 years. We will be providing interpreters for all classes and in the vending area.

Classes in make up, set design, lighting, costuming, haunt desgin, and more will be offered.

Thank you for your time and input,

More will follow!

Ed Roberts
        Oregon School for the Deaf
        999 Locust Street NE
        Salem OR 93701
        Ed Roberts
        Founder
        The Nightmare Factory

Comment

Originally posted by badlander2000 View Post
          Hey man, I most definitely will set you up with social networking! I will email you right now!
          Can we talk? Soon?

Ed
          Ed Roberts
          Founder
          The Nightmare Factory

Comment

Vendors - We know how risky coming to a new convention can be, and he cost s involded. So for our first ever West Coast Convention we are offering (EDIT- booths are $50 for a 10 by 10, we are only charging fifty to cover our costs for the pipe and drapes) vending space. In order to help keep your costs down. I can also send you, as soon as I get it done, our marketing plan, should be back from my proof reader this weekend.

www.westcoasthaunters.homestead.com

We are also still looking for speakers, we have spaces open.

Ed Roberts
            Last edited by The Nightmare Factory; 02-03-2010, 12:35 AM.
            Ed Roberts
            Founder
            The Nightmare Factory

Comment

I have sent you an email through your site about a possible airbrush make-up demo and talk.
              thank you for your consideration,
              Allen H
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Congrats on this Ed! The West Coast has been needing something like this for a while. Best wishes to you for a successful event.

Scaren Karen

Comment

Here's where I am with the convention, as of today.

We are getting ready to send out contracts to at least 8 speakers. We have vendors, or goal is 30 the first year.

We are working on a fair price for admission to the convention, I want people to come.

We are marketing not only to the pros, but small haunts and home haunts as well. My haunt team and I are also inviting every school for the deaf in the counrty to send someone to the convention to learn how to set up and run their own haunts.

Our web site is under construction www.westcoasthaunters.homestead.com you are welcome to have a look around, we have a facebook page up you can become a fan.

We are still looking for vendors, and will be offering a great booth rate.
                  Thank you all for your support.

Ed Roberts
                  Last edited by The Nightmare Factory; 01-21-2010, 01:42 PM.
                  Ed Roberts
                  Founder
                  The Nightmare Factory

Comment

It's about time!

A few of the Seattle-area haunts are looking to ramp up seminars, vendor spaces and even a possible mini-haunt at the up-and-coming Crypticon Horror Convention this upcoming June. We can always use more connections and training from each other, so this sounds like a great idea.

Question: Though Salem is centralized -- why not have this in Portland...with a major airport, to reduce travel time for everyone?

Mephisto the Great
                    SHADOWS HAUNTED ATTRACTION
                    http://www.ShadowsHaunt.com

Comment

Here is the reason we are having the convention in Salem; We own the property, therefore it keeps our costs way down. No renting a convention hall and all the headaches that go with it. The second reason is student involvment. The primary reason I am even doing this convention is that the State of Oregon, our haunted house is held at the School for the Deaf, is a state school and all out of state travel has been canceled! NO TRIPS TO ST. LOUIS OR ORLANDO OR OHIO! So I decided to not sit around a cry about, but rather bring the convention to us and to haunters on the West Coast.

I have a budget meeting in the afternoon, tomorrow (well really today) and I am hoping to be able to annouce the cost of the convention to all this weekend. I am also working with some top names in the industry to offer seminars that will make it worth your while to attend.

Take a look at the web page as it changes often, right now it is only showing you the tip of the iceberg.

One other thing that makes our convention unique is that it will also have a focus on charity haunts, and helping them to get set up and run thier events in a profitable manner. We will have interpreters for the deaf at all workshops and on the tradeshow floor. Our campous is fully acessable.

I hope this helps you, Please feel fre to drop me a line at westcoasthauntcon@gmail.com or haunteded@gmail.com

Ed Roberts
                      Project Manager
                      WCHC
                      www.westcoasthaunters.homestead.com
                      Last edited by The Nightmare Factory; 02-03-2010, 12:37 AM.
                      Ed Roberts
                      Founder
                      The Nightmare Factory

Comment

We've added the price for a booth, $50.00, and we've added a few other goodies to the site, more will follow. I hope to have online registration up soon.

Ed Roberts
                        Westcoasterhaunters.homestead.com
                        Ed Roberts
                        Founder
                        The Nightmare Factory

Comment

[QUOTE=The Nightmare Factory;81431] We now have facebook up and a west coast haunters convention invitations page on facebook for updates.
                          Ed Roberts
                          Founder
                          The Nightmare Factory

Comment

Hello haunt fans.. time for an update on the West Coast Haunters Convention.

Vendors can sign up now, booths are 50.00 for a 10x10, we might have a few 20x10 open, but not many.

I have a few openings for speakers, soon to announce our speakers list.

HOME HAUNTERS- We want to help meet your needs too, let us know what you want and we will do our best to get it done for you.

MAKE UP COMPETITION - Sign up online starting 02/05/2010 for the competiton. It's free, we provide the make up, and youi get to strut your stuff!

Ed Roberts
                            Project Manager
                            West Cost Haunters Convention
                            Ed Roberts
                            Founder
                            The Nightmare Factory

Comment

Im in northern calif. and own The Dreams of Darkness haunted house in Redding. I would love to see something close and if I could help out.
                              Last edited by Dreamreaper; 02-10-2010, 07:12 PM.
                              Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Ken,

I am looking for people to help out, get in touch with me at westcoasthauntcon@gmail.com We can talk.

Ed Roberts
                                Ed Roberts
                                Founder
                                The Nightmare Factory

Comment

Working...
                                X