Building material's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building material's

I know this might sound stupid, but are there places out there that offers lumber at lower prices then the larg retailer? I know that I can hit the Menards stores or Home Depot.

I have been told by most building contractors that Lowes and Home Depot is as low a price as you are going to find.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Ask the building contractors to sponsor you, even if they give you the OK to dumpster dive you will find plenty to work with.

Another source if you don't mind using a LOT of fire retardent is find old barns that are falling down, great distressed wood and if you offer to take it out they might not charge you. Found a whole leaning barn a few years back, widow on her own with little funds, she said take it so we did!

Comment

Home Depot carries grade A and grade B lumber, Menards is Grade C, and Lowes is around a grade D. You can generally find lower prices at Menards or Lowes simply because of the lower grade of lumber they sell. However, Home Depot will meet the price and usually beat it by 10%. You can get better quality lumber for the same price if not better.
        "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
        -H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Home depot has 20% off coupons with a max discount of 400 dollars. You can sometimes pick these up on ebay for 100$. Thats still a 300$ savings. You still need to make sure these are accepted at your local store. Mike
          Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Working...
          X