Question to all the great minds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to all the great minds

I have a question. I am in need of information. I know some stuff, but am curious if anyone here would know more. With all the smart, sick and twisted minds we have here,I am sure someone will know more. So here goes.....

Does anyone know about a place that was once called Saint Vincent Institution for the Insane back in the 1800's to early 1900's I believe. It is located in Normandy Missouri. A suburb of St Louis. It is now an Apartment building called Castle Park. There is a lot of history at this place and I know of a lot of it but I hear locals know more. There are a couple of reasons why I ask. 1- I am very intrigued by this place. I am planning to go soon and check it out and go to the areas that are talked about. 2- I think it would be an awesome place for a movie or haunted house due to the history. And the main reason why is 3- My owner who I work for just bought the place!!!! I know a lot of the vendors and locals in the area will not go to the place. I know that is has turned into a crime area now which is sad and is in the midst of being cleaned up. I have a picture of the place that we took from the air I will post in a few.
    ~WelchWitch

St vincient was a pretty common name for mental hospitals I did find a wiki page on the one you are talking about not much and you may have already found it but here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Vincent's_Hospital_(Normandy,_Missouri)

Here is a document for the official marking of a historic site I think it may be for the place your talking about.
    http://www.dnr.mo.gov/shpo/nps-nr/82004722.pdf
    Last edited by soultrkr; 12-11-2009, 02:21 PM.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

I am surprised

I am surprised that more people haven't heard of this place. This is what we know. The Book that the movie "The Exorcist" was based on which talks about a boy who had the exorcism, not a girl, stayed at this asylum. He lived on the 5th floor which is where the classrooms were. There are 6 floors to this building with 2 basements. It is reported that the actual exorcism was performed there but disputed and not truly known for sure. This place was on the history channel I believe when they were talking about the movie. The room he lived in is now sealed up. The 6th floor is also. The basement was were the ones that could not be around others were stored hung to walls and the subbasement is where they would simply hang those that were worse and the catacombs. Now, if you walk down there, you will see couple of steps going to a small landing with nothing else and maybe a small chair in the middle of the room. Very freaky. Both the 5th/ 6th floors and both basements are closed but our residents on the 4th floor hear playing and running on top of their heads coming from the 5th floor. Jim did recognize this place, I just thought that more would know and fill me in with more. Our Christmas party was last Thursday here at work and we spent most of the time talking about this place now that we own it. With this true history I thought it would be cool as hell to have a haunted house in the areas that are closed or even create a movie there. I know that alot of people that go there feel something and get afraid and won't come back. When we bought the place we had the energy guy there doing some checks in the first basement and he said he saw something and ran out and refuses to go back. My owners have not seen anything but have recognized a small staircase that goes to the 6th floor from something that they have seen before. To me it looks like the staircase in Blues Brothers where they go up to see the Nun. :-). I will post pictures today, I got too busy last week to show you. I will also try to get the staircase to show you.
      ~WelchWitch

Comment

Pictures

Here is the outside of the asylum.
        Attached Files
        ~WelchWitch

Comment

This photo reminds me of the movie (I think it was Session 9), and how that the buildings are all shaped kinda like a bat with open wings fly away from the city or the public, But that is a nice looking building..did you say it was apartments?
          Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Beautiful building, thanks for posting!

DA

Comment

Yes they turned it into apartments and townhomes. I have alot of pictures of the scary stuff but can't post them on here. They are too large. That was all I could show you. Looking forward to going out there and snooping around.
              ~WelchWitch

Comment

Working...
              X