Insurance Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Costs

Hello All! First let us start by saying Thank You! for being so informative and sharing your wisdom and knowledge with hopeful future pro haunters like us. In the process of putting together our business plan but having difficulties getting any info on insurance costs. We know there are a ton of variables regrading the cost however was wondering if a few of you might not mind telling us the cost of insurance you pay every year so we can get a bit of an average. Feel free to send a PM if you're not comfortable placing the info here. This info is for us alone for our own planning purposes and NO ONE ELSE.....

Thank you again for all you help!

Brenda & Barry
    B2 Panic Productions
    Brenda & Barry

admin@darkfears.net
    www.darkfears.net

contact www.xinsurance.com. I believe I called them a few months ago and they said their haunted house insurance has a starting cost of $2400.

-Brad
    Meyer Point Manor

Comment

First of all, search the boards, this is covered over and over again. Ken at Westaland Insurance is a good place to start. Some base cost on customers, others on days open and only cover those days.

In general insurance is based on anticipated customers. You can also add various other ad-ons for weather and volunteers.

I spent about $1300 last year for 5000 people over 1 month plus medical for volunteers.

Hope that helps, but talk to an agent , they will get you real numbers.
      Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
      Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
      2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Thanks!

I had called a couple local insurnace companies but they weren't too helpful so I thought I'd try here. I do appreciate the responses as they will help me significantly in the planning of our haunt.

RW -- do you have a number for Ken at Westaland??

Thanks again for the assistance!

Brenda & Barry
        Brenda & Barry

admin@darkfears.net
        www.darkfears.net

Comment

Ken Donat is the best place to go. Here is his contact info:

ken.donat@westlandinsurance.com
          608-768-0401 office
          608-343-0273 cell

Comment

Ken w/ Westland

Ken is who we have for our haunt. He can help with every need you have, also he will be at Transworld in March.

Andrew

Comment

Inpro Insurance out of Troy, Michigan is very good.
              We got multiple quotes from different companies and they've been the best and cheapest each year.
              Give them a try. Our agent is Robin Walker.
              www.inproagent.com
              1-800-569-6465 Toll Free
              Kirk Boemmel
              Dark Ghost Manor
              www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Gotta throw in another vote for Ken at Westland. He's taken great care of us over the years! Ken handles our property insurance, because we own the property, and our haunt event liability insurance.

Kel
                sigpic
                Kelly Allen
                Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                www.RaycliffManor.com
                www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Ken has been great with us also.

Comment

Working...
                  X