The Forsaken Crypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forsaken Crypt

Alot of people noticed that I said RIP The Forsaken Crypt, Well I am starting to gather my information slowely and carefully and I am going to open a pro haunt in the years to come. I have laid my home haunt days to rest and I am starting my long, tough journy to go pro. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it or when but all I know is that it's gonna happen and it's gonna prosper. Anyone who has experience that has ANY advise about anything I am open to anything you have to say. The Forsaken Crypt is gonna make the top 13 haunts sometime in my life and I mean it. Hell I'm not even sure what state this is gonna be in but watch out everyone. In the upcoming years something big is coming.
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

I think this is a great plan Matt,
    I highly urge you to work for another big haunt next year. Get the experience and learn from their mistakes.
    best of luck,
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
      I think this is a great plan Matt,
      I highly urge you to work for another big haunt next year. Get the experience and learn from their mistakes.
      best of luck,
      Allen H
      I agree with Allen. I'd work with a pro haunt for a long while before making the leap to go pro. You can learn a TON of valuable information while not having to deal with the costs and headaches of running your own haunt.

I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm still not sure what next year is going to entail. I've thought about taking a year off, and working at another haunt, but who knows. Only time will tell!
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Yeah, Thankfully I live in Buffalo where #7 Which was Frightworld on the Top 13 haunts in 2006 is. Probably a good place to work at but yeah I agree with that idea. I was definatly going to work at some haunts for the next few years then make the leap to start going pro
        Matthew Colton

Comment

Sounds great Matt! I am curious... when did you put The Forsaken Crypt to rest? Did you finish the season?

Comment

Well

I put it to rest this year, I spent the whole summer building an amazing garage haunt but half way through October we had to scrap it. I was going away for a competition Halloween so it was a no go. Trying to advertise it on a day before halloween was just a chore so I scrapped it. It was extremely painful but this just makes me want to go pro even more. It would have been a big event. We have been doing this for 5 years but this year I really renovated and upgraded. But in the life of a haunter there is ALWAYS dissapointment and I had my share this year.
            Matthew Colton

Comment

You might find a difference

from a home haunt to a pro haunt will be in the customers. More critical, demanding, picky.
              Afterall, they just PAID to see what you have to offer, so it had better be "Good"!
              (Of course this definition of"Good" may vary greatly according to customer's expections and previous experiences.)
              Of course working in a pro haunt just standing in a dark corner for a week won't teach as much as helping set it up,tare it down, open it up or getting into costuming and make up.
              Like most things , the more time and effort you put into something the more potential exists for getting more out of it.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yeah, I'm not thinking of actually opening untill atleast 10 years, I need to stock pile info, gather a team, money and just really find ways to conjure the best horror experience ever. It's been my dream for years to open one.
                Matthew Colton

Comment

Hang on to that dream Matt and keep it alive! Raycliff Manor was a dream of mine for many years before it materialized. I will recommend this though, and you're probably already doing it, start building a manifestation board with pictures of what you want your haunt to look like. When you look at the pictures, see the crowds, hear the screams and laughter, and feel the joy you know you'll experience when it has manifested! It sounds like you are already beginning to visualize your dream and with your home haunt, you have an outstanding foundation to build on! You have an excellent attitude about learning as much as you can, and that is a must. Just don't let the question of "how will it happen" or the "helpful" words of discouragement from anyone ever prevent you from keeping the dream alive! Dream it, believe you deserve it, feel it and watch it happen my friend!

Kel

PS. Copy your initial post in this thread, print it and put it in places you'll be able to see it often!
                  sigpic
                  Kelly Allen
                  Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                  www.RaycliffManor.com
                  www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                  www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Thanks so much! I have also read "So you want to be a Haunt Entrepreneur" and thats given me great basic knowledge how to start a buisiness plan. I appriciate everyones help and encouragement! I'd love to hear anymore advise anyone has!
                    Matthew Colton

Comment

Kelly's book is awesome! Rich Hanf had some great advice also in one of his seminars. Team up with an already existing business like a party store, paint ball range, farm, campground or other business that already has the land, parking, customer base and business experience to make it work.

Places like corn mazes or pumpkin patches are great places to start because you can bring value and more customers to their location in the fall when they are at their peak.

Finding the right business partner you can work with will be key. You must show that you can bring a lot to the table and if you find the right people, start small and grow from there it can work. That's what I did. I also had a ten year plan but it happened much faster by teaming up with a farm.

Just don't try to be to big the first year, learn as much as you can because things you don't expect will pop up and you can improve for the next year.

Good luck

Eric
                      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Matt I'm in the same boat as you, but youve taken many more steps forward.

Its my dream to own and operate my own haunt when I'm older and to crack hauntworlds glorious top 13.

I have yet to take serious steps forword but im looking to get there in the future.

I just finished my first year of acting at The House of Horrors & Haunted Catacombs and every single night I was learning something new.

I went through this past season very quiet before we opened, trying to take everything in and didnt really put myself out there which I regret.

For this upcoming season Im telling my owner and manager straight up my true passion for haunts and that I'm their guy if they need anything.

I'm sure HOH & HC would love to have you come act for us, our owner has a huge ego, trying to be the biggest and the best constantly and if you show him your passion for halloween and that youre able to scare the crap out of everyone that walks through our doors he'll be sure to give you a job.

This should be a pretty big year for us, new layouts for the 2 main houses and were getting rid of Physco Therapy for an all new, undertemined haunt.

Where in Buffalo are you located? PM sometime I'd really like to talk to someone local about some serious haunting for future years.

Comment

So coasterfreak, don't forget me, I'm always interested in talking to the local haunt enthused. I currently have this project in the works: http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?...8998180&ref=ts and suggest you both join the cause and contribute. Buffalo will not be the same afterwards. Matt is also part of the team so you know we have some common ground. I actually think I might work with Immortal Entertainment in the off season if none of this gets off the ground.
                          Mike Cirrincione
                          Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                          MAC Productions presents:
                          Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
                          AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
                          Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
                          Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

I wasn't even aware of this project, I'm new to the forums and I'm not on facebook.

It's a great idea, the subway could bring people right where they need to be.

The only thing is running a one house show may be tough in the Buffalo haunt market where the 3 main haunts and multi-house events.

If this goes through I'd definitly be interested in helping out but my main focus will stay with The House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs for the next season.

I'm still trying to get a feel for the whole haunt industry and right now I feel at home at The House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs.

Comment

For anybody who is wondering, this project is planned to be a 4 house screampark including a haunted subway and massive decoration throughout Downtown Buffalo. And when Tim Bunch or any other WNY people read this, Greg Hinaman is really the guy to go to for up to date legal information, reach him at hps365@roadrunner.com. I am basically planning one of the houses, doing the plan/presentation write ups and making appeals for new members of Buffalo Bloodshed.
                              Mike Cirrincione
                              Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                              MAC Productions presents:
                              Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
                              AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
                              Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
                              Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Working...
                              X