I am trying to research start up costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am trying to research start up costs

I know that this is a stupid question. I would like to get an idea how much money I am going to need to get started. I am just trying to make a list. I do have the book, but I just want to make sure I have not forgot anythiing.

I am trying to research what I can

I have an idea about insurance, medical-?, and costumes

Can you share what utilities genraly cost just to get a good idea? You can PM me if you wish not to share with others.

I will post other questions under this topic if I have more so be sure to check.

1 Get Kel's Book!

2 Remember the cost will always be $1,000.00 more than you have.

Comment

True. A relative of mine wanted to buy his own little house here in Mount Carroll about 40 years ago. They were selling for $3,500, he only had $1,200. He kept working , saving his money, when he accumulated $3,500, all the little cheap houses were up to $4,500, then $5,000, then up to $8,000, $10,000........$20,000.......$25,000.......$30,000
      Now the market has gone soft and that old little $3,500 dollar house is back down to $22,000?
      ...and Still needs work!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

costs

CONTINGENCY!!!!

Always plan for more. If your final budget says 20,000 then get 30,000.

Always plan for one years worth of costs to start. Including after the haunt has been opened. You may not do as well as you hope and need money to pay for your property and storage. If that does not work then open a brothel in the haunt until the feds close you down. Seriously, plan on contingency. If you end up not needing it then you will have that much more of a cushion, if you do end up needing it then you will always be grateful that you have it. Many times that contigency could be a open credit card. Just don't be a fool with it. Remember that you are not a 16 year old girl at the mall with daddy's card, YOU HAVE TO PAY IT BACK.

I know that I am still new at this haunted attraction ownership and also just gathering info like you, but I have started several small companies and studied this stuff for years and years just be wise. First year don't buy all the fancy crap..... You may not be back the next year if you do. Start out great for your budget and grow to compete with the big guys. Your competitors probably sucked slighlty on their first year too.

Good luck.

Ryan
        "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
        - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

Working...
        X