Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Syndicate - "The Dead Matter" movie

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post this but before I do I want to thank this industry for its support of us. I hope to see many of you at Transworld this month.

We have more updates at the NEWS section of our site including a project Gavin is going to be working on and updates on the movie scores.

---

Midnight Syndicate to make The Dead Matter movie, Edward Douglas to direct.

Midnight Syndicate will be teaming up with Hollywood FX legend Robert Kurtzman (Dusk till Dawn producer, co-founder of the KNB EFX Group) and his production company, Precinct 13 Entertainment to produce the horror-suspense film, The Dead Matter. Development has been underway for several months and pre-production will officially begin March 1st. Principal photography is scheduled to begin in Northeastern Ohio this August with a projected release date sometime in 2008. Edward Douglas will be directing the film and producing it through the newly-formed Midnight Syndicate Films division of Entity Productions, Inc. The company is currently in talks with Doug Bradley (Pinhead from the Hellraiser series) and Andrew Divoff (Wishmaster, Air Force One, Lost) to star.

“This is a really exciting time for us. One of our main goals over the past ten years has been to get into a position to remake The Dead Matter with an actual budget” said Edward Douglas who produced and directed an earlier version of the film for $2000 in 1996 before forming Midnight Syndicate. “Horror movies are at the core of what Gavin and I do in Midnight Syndicate. It’s what we love and that’s why we believe in remaking this particular film. Co-writer Tony Demci and I have had a lot of time to take what we felt was already a good story and develop it into something very special that we know is really going to deliver for both our fans and other fans of the horror genre.”

The Dead Matter tells the story of a vampire relic with occult powers that falls into the hands of a grief-stricken young woman who will do anything to contact her dead brother.

THE NEXT MIDNIGHT SYNDICATE CD - Entity Productions plans to release multiple discs of new Midnight Syndicate material in coordination with the film. “As far as the next Midnight Syndicate CD goes, fans are really going to like what we have planned for the soundtrack,” said Gavin Goszka, who will serve as Music Supervisor for the film. “The Dead Matter soundtrack CD will be in the style of our other Midnight Syndicate releases. Our plan is to integrate music from the movie with new material and atmospherics which will allow listeners to further explore the dark and supernatural world created in the The Dead Matter film.”

A lot more information will be coming in the upcoming months on both www.MidnightSyndicate.com and the official The Dead Matter website - www.TheDeadMatter.com.

[/img][img][/img]
    Midnight Syndicate Gothic Nightmare Soundtracks for the Haunted Attraction Industry since 1997
    www.MidnightSyndicate.com - www.Facebook.com/MidnightSyndicate

Dead Matter

Ed,

Sounds great - we are all really happy for you & Gavin and the rest of the Midnight Syndicate Family and I am sure with your experience it will turn out to be great. This is really something special for Northeast Ohio - hopefully we will thaw out soon! LOL.
    Steve Martini
    Screamline Studios
    www.screamlinestudios.com
    steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Thanks Steve, we're looking forward to it. I also see some good opportunities to promote the industry through this.
      Midnight Syndicate Gothic Nightmare Soundtracks for the Haunted Attraction Industry since 1997
      www.MidnightSyndicate.com - www.Facebook.com/MidnightSyndicate

Comment

Ed, I am psyched for the film. Especially after we had our Go to Hell on Halloween show and had you on the show with the cast and crew of Sin-Jin Smyth talking about the film and your Dead Matter.

It's going to be a sweet film. Can't wait.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
        http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
        "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
        http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Working...
        X