No announcement yet.

erik carlson.ceo of spookyplanet is a scam artist,BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me when a haunt prop breaks, that is incomprensible. I mean we are talking about a product that you spend thousands on and it only has to last for 15 freakin days of the year. That is why I only pay with credit card. If there is a problem, I call my ccard company and raise a stink, and I get my money back, at least in theory, that is how I hope it works.....
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

There is always a catch, like a dollar limit or you can only contest paying for something you never recieved. There has to be a written warranty and using financial services can only involve themselves to the limit of predetermined warranties or some purchase lemon law like 30 days that depend on the state it was purchased in. So if you bought it in Late Febuary and took it out of the box in late September you only get frequent flyer miles or 1% cash back.

So you buy some crap at Walmart with a credit card, you take it back and get your money credited or an exchange.

I would get some really thick glasses and look at the papers that came with the credit card. Sometimes they will only do you a favor if you spend a lot and they might make up for their time in future earnings, holding everyone's money for a period of time. Then they will try to keep you as a customer. Hence published dollar amounts.

Then there are other little fees like restocking fees and shipping that are not covered unless the manufacturer is paying for this. Then your intrest rate goes up because you are a big pain. It's kind of like a big insurance policy where they make so much off the 88% of transactions that don't have a problem that they can afford to be a mediator for those 12% losses using the lemon and consumer laws as a basis to recoup your losses.

However there is also looking through really thick glasses buying things from their list of qualified vendors. Just because they accept credit cards doesn not mean they are in this program. It is intended for a list of perfered places (that already put in money for advertising this) to buy normal things as opposed to specialized one of a kind constructions.

Bottom line=Big Hassle.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

It gets complicated when going from state to state with purchases. If the Russian mob has hacked your credit card for $50 or $300 you will get that back with the insurance the cards have. After about a month. Over $300 you are into something entirely different and the financial institutions will bail. They really got your money in a week and made 3 weeks intrest off of it and kept you freaking out.

That's why every consumer offer ever is $300 or $299 as they are running a game on how long it takes for the money to get contested. You bought something, it is in their account. It really sucks or you realize what a smuck you are, you contest it. Mister Scammy had your money making intrest for 45 days before the banks took it back out of his account. He made intrest on it usually at around 5 to 12% and really did nothing for it.

What I wanna know is if I know all of this, why am I broke all the time? Can you say too honest? Can you say seasonal business? Sure you can.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Ron,

You know our story with Scarefactory, one of the best props of 2005 and the hands fall off the first night!
          How embarrassing!

:: Hey somebody shut the main draw to our haunt down before it kills somebody!::
          Then when you call them NOBODY gets back to your for a month and then the seasons over!

And we only got half the needed pneumatics for it to begin with, they send us a package of whats missing and we have to figure out how to put it together! Uhhhh

Thats like one of us selling a patron a ticket,slapping a costume and some blood on them and telling them to scare themselves!

Comment

You just about described a haunt I was told about!!
            It was in a mall in a store space, one big open room, dimmly lit.
            The customer buys a ticket enters the big room where people in costume and no costume (the other customers) are all walking in two counter-rotating circles passed each other.
            After walking around about 4 times a guy told them, "OK, you two (the customers) have walked around enough, you can go now."
            That was the "Haunt".
            Could anybody be "Happy" with that experience?
            It didn't seem to catch on, now did it?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

do yall want to see something funny?this is the email i got from erik today

Agreement on Trade
              Seller: SpookyPlanet.com, Inc.
              Buyer: Eddie Dupuy

SELER is offering two Distortion NEW Animations to BUYER in the amount of $3200 in exchange for a back order purchase of a Distortions Electric Chair animation at equal value back in late summer 2006.

The below parties agree that all other outstanding deals, offers or debts are now taken care of with the signing of this agreement.

i like the last part he wrote about upon signing.is this guy for real?someone tell me hes not that stupid

Comment

he says before he will send props i need to sign that and fax it back.

Comment

There is no way to verify the true value or condition of said props....Send money only before you start adding up real expenses trying to resolve this matter and take it to court or action by local sherriff.

If those props are worth $3200, sell them and send the money. He obviously already triple sold that electric chair and can not be trusted to not substitute something again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, what is he sending you in replacement for the value of $3200

A couple $10 severed hands for $1500 each...
                    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
                    -H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I don't want to offer anyone's services I am not authorized to so. But, for example, John Denley found him once and can find him again on your behalf for a significant fee as he is in the area. That amount ultimately is a charge back for collecting your $3200 that will also be due from him. Unless he would like to do a paypal in so many hours.
                      sigpic

Comment

I spoke with someone recently who had bought some masks from Eric Carlson. They said they had bought 3 masks and Eric sent only 2!! This buyer told me, "the only thing spooky about spooky planet is the way Eric Carlson does math!".

Comment

DEADBEATS

This is just a suggestion.

I run a site for dark artists - http://www.spookyart.com - which has a reasonably active message board for dark artists and illustrators. One of the sections is simply entitled "DEADBEATS" and invites artists to post their grievances against publishers, companies, et al that have stiffed'em. The only parameter is that your claims, as the accuser, have to be provable/verifiable/quantifiable - you can't just gripe - you have to be able to demonstrate malfeasance. It's been dormant for over a year, which tells me that all us artists talking to each other is a GOOD thing. You can still see evidence of past transgressions, though.

A haunted attraction industry equivalent might not be a bad idea. I know I've had my share of deadbeat haunt clients - them what demands the moon on an asteroid budget, then don't pay a meteor's worth.

Just a suggestion.
                          WEB : PRINT : LOGO : ART

Comment

I just wonder when we'll stop talking about him... I think this guy has already been run through the coals enough. We've seen like 10 threads started about Spookplanet and it just never seems to end.

I think we got the picture already! Geezzzzzz.

Savage, I'm going to check out your site! Sounds fun!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Then we will all be chipping in for more servers and bandwidth. We would all need 7 terminal war rooms to keep us informed and be immortal to see things resolved.

In my day job I will walk out from a $4,000 job and get a $200 cash tip totally unsollicited. In the haunted world anything from $200 to $1200 requires pretty clever suggestions of what you will come to get in lue of payment and 14 calls and emails to get paid. Even at super promotional prices with big names as clients. You have to think like a repo man.

The solution is to just say No. I'm real busy.
                              sigpic

Comment

larryi happened to get ripped off of a lot of money through your haunted classified adds by this guy.why would it aggravate you to see people warning others of getting scammed.the picture of the imffamous electric chair is still up for sale on your webpage and erik is ripping people off on a daily bassis.you say hes been raked through the coals enough like your taking up for him.i would say raked through the coals is people giving this guy their money and never getting anything.do you like the fact that he is using your websight for fraud?what if someone out there didnt read the threads and buys that electric chair again?

Comment

Working...
                                X