New at the Darkness 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New at the Darkness 2010

We will be building and installing control systems into EVERY single actor scare box (places actors hide) and what they will do is when the actor jumps out he will be able to step on a pad, or flip a switch or simply activate with his motion triggered sound FX and or lighting.

In other words if the actor is a werewolf you will hear SPECIAL FX sound of a REAL werewolf not some actor with a silly growl.

This way you could have even a terrible actor get a scare, or a great actor get a better scare, and make the actor more believable.

We will be installing about 30 of these systems in the Darkness prior to our 2010 TOur of the Darkness at Transworld's Hauntshow.

If you come to the tour you can do the behind the scenes tour and see how it works, and trigger them! I think all haunts will be installing these over the years... we're evern having made a shotgun for example that will trigger sound of a real shotgun, blah, blah! Should be fun!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Awesome idea Larry!
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
      In other words if the actor is a werewolf you will hear SPECIAL FX sound of a REAL werewolf not some actor with a silly growl.

Larry
      Sorry, Larry, but Werewolves aren't real.

But anyway, is this something that you are creating on your own, or are you purchasing these?

-=coasterbp

Comment

audio repeater

I did a very similar effect in our haunt this past year. I had an audio track that started off with some quiet wispers and then some very intense yelling. In stead of having my actor in that area screaming all night, I recorded that audio onto an audio repeater, wired it up to basically a stereo, and ran out a push button switch from the audio repeater to a place my actors could get to it.

Worked out extremely well. As Larry mentioned it really didn't matter what actor I had in that position. As long as they had the timing down, it was a great scare everytime.
        Kelly Anderson
        Owner- Halloween Undercroft
        http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
        Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Oh this sounds like what Frightprops is making.
          Is it?
          Here is the link http://www.frightprops.com/FrightPro...ct.asp?ID=0880

Its pretty cool.
          sigpic
          PEACE, ADAM
          www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Any controller such as haunted enterprises's controller and mp3 player can do this as well..

Comment

We're actually using a slick new controller that hasn't been released publicly yet...but will be at TW this year. It features amplified stereo audio pus a single relay output for controlling lights or whatever. Not only is it triggereable, but there are plenty of nifty little extras like the ability to trigger right and left audio channels independently. And the price, you're going to LOVE it!!! No...I'm not making it...but I think it's pretty cool. I;ve said too much already. You'll see it at the show.
              Kip Polley
              www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
              We Engineer Fear

Comment

That is cool!!! I built the same thing 6 or 7 years ago for a haunt I was working on. Back then there was not much by the way of good digital audio players so I used an audio alarm board from ELK. Think it was an 8k bit coder with a 24 watt built-in amp, sound quality was piss poor but was loud as hell. Worked ok for screams and such.

Possible problems that you might run into with this new one similar to what I did are the quality and direction of sound. Even if the new player has good sound output, if you start with a crappy sound file….sh!t in sh!t out or if your using $2 computer speakers, the effect will seem fake. The sound (speaker(s)) placement will be critical too as if you place the speaker in one place and the actor moves to the other side of the room blah, blah… normal voice and most sounds ranges are very directional (low freq’s are not), you don’t want the sound coming from one place and the actor in another.

Can’t wait to see the new ones in action!
                Regards,
                Jeff Londos
                Monster-Tronics
                Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                www.Monster-Tronics.com
                Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Ill need about 5 for this year.... cant wait to see them...

Peter T
                  FS
                  Fables Studios
                  Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                  https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

sounds like the boxes that they use at Universals HHN. Very intense.

Comment

I am making a NEW CD called "THE BIG SCREAM" for this application.
                      It's going to have 99 very intense high quality sounds.
                      Everything from ALIENS to ZOMBIES and everything in between.
                      sigpic
                      PEACE, ADAM
                      www.poisonprops.com

Comment

This is exactly what Gadget (Brian) at Evilusions, www.evilusions.com , did for our new attraction last year! He build a number of these where the actors would step on a pressure pad to initiate the lighting effects and screams as they "hit" their targets. He also built a number of these that were activated by the patrons breaking a sensor, which triggered automation, lighting and screams. He closes the controls in boxes that protect the circuitry from the actors and he includes easy to use switches that allow you to control the timing, delay, length of effect, etc. These worked out extremely well and we never had a problem with a single one! Sorry I missed this thread before. I'm still trying to get caught up from vacation and was perusing the posts and this one caught my eye.

Kel
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                        X