No announcement yet.

hearses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim I have to disagree about the comment that real hearses scare people.

I cant count the number of patrons that have their picture taken in front of our hearse.
    I think hearses are a mystery to most people but I have been around hearses that give off a bad feeling when you are near them but ours does not give that feeling.
    When I drive it I dont feel like someone is in the back looking back at me but I have been in others that have made me feel uneasy while driving them.

When you put the name of your business on them I think it makes them less scary and more promotional.
    People often wave at us and give us the thumbs up while we cruise down town Columbia or when we are in a parade.
    The kids say look at the limo and the parents just laugh, smile, wave and yell throw me a t-shirt! lol
    Our hearse is not considered a scary thing but a positive addition for promoting our haunt.
    It's advertising, it's a vehicle that gets noticed and I think a haunted house should have one in its arsenal as long as its a positive looking upbeat ride.

Tylers for instance is a nice looking ride and our 67 is nice and gets noticed. Hows that a bad thing?
    Just my opinion.
    Greg
    Fearfest
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

well for one thing, on my hearse it says "don't drink and Drive" on it..

so it gives a good moral out there. if you drink and drive, YOU will be in this car...

before i got it. It was used for a free taix ride. the guy would pick up drunks at the bar and take them home. The taix service people got mad at him and drove him out of the taix biz..

HG
      it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

Got to have one.. or two!

If you are a haunt owner, you need a Web site and a HEARSE!
        Our 1960 Caddy hearse has become a icon for Scream Theme Studios.
        I must say old hearses are not cheap and always need some work done to them but all in all they are a very strong marketing tool and a lot of fun!

Last edited by sts; 01-12-2010, 08:43 AM.

Chris @
        Scream Theme Studios
        Fort Collins CO.

Battleofthehauntedhouses.com
        Screamtheme.com

Comment

Chris,
          I knew you had the one with the flames on it and another one but the all white one is new isnt it? Thats the first time I saw a pic of that one.
          I have hearse envy LMAO
          I guess I gotta start looking for another one to hotrod this time lol. Yours are awsome!
          Greg
          Fearfest
          Greg Allen
          scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
          www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Originally posted by N2SPOOKINU View Post
            Chris,
            I knew you had the one with the flames on it and another one but the all white one is new isnt it? Thats the first time I saw a pic of that one.
            I have hearse envy LMAO
            I guess I gotta start looking for another one to hotrod this time lol. Yours are awsome!
            Greg
            Fearfest
            Thanks Greg, We picked up the 52 Caddy last spring and did a lot of work to get it back on the road and ready for the haunt season.
            We stopped buying large billboards years ago and put that buget into the Haunt Rods
            I think it was the best marketing switch we ever did and now I can drive the billboards!
            Heres a link to some pics of the 52 when we started.
            http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumID=1162071

Chris @
            Scream Theme Studios
            Fort Collins CO.

Battleofthehauntedhouses.com
            Screamtheme.com

Comment

possibly the best advertising available today

I remember that when I used to work for a radio station, they would always get the station vehicles out during a rating period. Management would preach "We win in the streets." No expense was spared to make these vehicles eye catching. By thier own admission, thier billboard on wheels did more to attract listeners than thier stations did.

Advertising is becoming more fragmented all of the time. for this reason, we are taking a gamble and have shifted a good sized portion of our radio and TV budget into our hearse. We have been working on it all winter. The goal is to make it dependable, comfortable, and fun to drive. We have had a pretty cool hearse for some time, but she's a 52 and the lack of the above mentioned features has made it a chore to take the old girl out.
              www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

I think its a great idea which is why I bought mine. She aint perfect but she's mine ('69 Caddy). Definitely a great way to catch the attention of others. Typically when driving it around I get thumbs up, smiles and of course photo requests, but there are the double takes with odd looks too.

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Working...
                X