No announcement yet.

Roll tide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok ok, I have to say if I was Bama I would not be gloating to bad over barely beating a Q back that has played under 20 min. of college ball. Also what happened to that Bama defense that was so good???
    Im just saying..........

Comment

Parker...

Ummmm a win is a win no matter how you look at it or what excuse you try to find also lets not forget Texas barly sliped by a few of their wins too they by far were not perfect either. I see your from Texas be a sport and instead of making excuses say the better team won today CONGRATULATIONS! Shane and its still Rolling with the Tide! Shane this time.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think anyone was gloating. I am very glad my team won but I don't think celebrating the National Championship for you team is gloating. Gloating would be downing Texas which I have not seen. Rubbing someones nose in it nope did not see that either. I mean Alabama did beat Texas as a team last time I checked they had more than just McCoy and that poor ole QB Gilbert was one of the most sought after QB recruits in the country and once he got over the nerves played a hell of a game he will be tough next year.

Lets look at that Bama defense that was so "good"; back to back goal line stands with McCoy at the Helm, interception of a shuffle pass...shuffle pass, and just when Texas was getting its momentum going, a bone jarring sack for a fumble. If we are going to play the excuse game Alabama's QB McElroy had 2 cracked ribs and Rolando McClain the Heart and soul of the bama defense had a stomach virus that had him getting IV fluids the day of the game. In the end though they just put up a W or L on the schedule.

Injuries are part of the game of football, it does not lessen the victory in the least. I feel bad for McCoy that he was injured but he was very gracious in the loss and I did not see a single Alabama or Texas player not be classy. In the end Alabama won a game against the #2 team in the nation after having beat the #1 team in the nation to get there, so lets not try and put an * by the Bama win and the championship that came with it. Two Great teams met on the field and played for a National Championship, they both were very classy in a very high pressure game.
        sigpic

Comment

I thought both defenses looked really good. I don't see how you could say where was the Bama D. Both teams had a heck of a good season, and both programs are top notch right now. I don't mean to upset anyone but I believe the 2 top teams in the country were actually Bama and Boise St. Also what is going on with USC, is Carroll about to bolt because some sanctions might be coming down the pipeline finally? That might get interesting in a couple of days, although I did hear as of right now there is no Carroll/Seahawk deal done.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Yikes, lots of bad USC stuff coming out now. Football and Basketball hearings set for Februrary 19th-21st. This should effect recruiting for them greatly I would think. I believe they only have around 15 commits but those 15 were full of 5* and 4* recruits. Don't know how many scholarships they had available for the upcoming season but there current verbals might look quite a bit different come this signing day. I know a couple USC commits are talking to Michigan now. Don't know if they will come here or get swept off their feet by some other schools but they were kids that were high on us before commiting to USC. Anyone that follows recruiting knows there is quite a bit of mind changing in the final hours leading up to signing day anyway. I am hopeful Michigan will get a few steals leading up to NSD. Go Blue.
            Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
            X