New Forums are coming soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forums are coming soon...

Check out this link... we're almost there.

Couple things we are re-doing EVERYTHING we have from the Haunted House Magazine site, to Hauntworld.com, to new sites we are starting like www.HauntedHayrides.com and much more.

We are going to make everything first class and from there develop the sites with very rich content for our industry.

http://74.113.33.227/hwf

Let me know what you think. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I don't like it... you'll be taking the entire forum and sizing it into the middle black area. Also, I don't like the ads on the forum now... adding another side banner will just be annoying!

Why not just leave the forums how they are? They are perfect now! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I agree, leave the forums as they are now they work just fine why change them if they are ok just change the other aspects of your sites and the new logo is great!

DA

Comment

The forums are pretty perfect now in my opinion also.
        The add at the top is fine in my opinion, but I would not like to see more. This is the best haunt forum online and I would hate to see it change for the worse.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I hate to say it to. Dont fix it if its not broke.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

I also vote against the new format for the forum. While it will provide for more ad space for Hauntworld.com to profit from, it will severely limit space for the forum content itself. Just like your main page, it's just WAY too much ancillary crap, leaving little room for valuable content. Just my two cents.
            Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
            Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Most forums I see now are like this but I think its more organized!

Remember all the web banners we'll upload with be HAUNT RELATED not ads for Kentucky Fried Chicken... we're not SELLING those ads they are FREE for vendors who support the magazines. If some vendor called two weeks from now and asked to buy a banner we wouldn't sell one, they are not for sale they are a means to help promote our vendors.

We do NOT sell banners ads on the forums! However remember when someone like Ghost Ride sends us a new banner that says 25% off sale, you'll jump on that and say thanks for the heads up. And that is what we want to encourage our vendors to do... change their banners to reflect what they are doing now! Ads in the magazine are the same thing as content... I have been encouraging ALL THE VENDORS to stop doing overly creative ads and simply showcase the products they want to sell.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

So... we're getting new forums no matter what!? FML. -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Nightgore
                  What does FML mean?

Larry,
                  I frequent a lot of other message boards and they don't look like that. Not arguing or being negative just saying the boards I go to aren't like what you are saying.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Will the layout be fixed width as in the example or will it expand to the width of the screen like the current theme?
                    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

forum change

I agree as well Larry.

I too have seen many other sites as your describing but the way you have this forum set up as it is, is much nicer. I like how the forum page uses the intire screen vs condensing it down to add additional advertising on the sides.

The banners on top are fine and I like the banners attached to some of the members posts. You could ad banners to the bottom of the screen for that matter.

Just because other forums are layed out differently dont mean you should follow sute. Just by reading these posts gives me an idea that people like this forum best for a reason, and is probably why they are still using it.

I would consider a different format or just leave it as is.
                      Kelly Anderson
                      Owner- Halloween Undercroft
                      http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
                      Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

You should put it to vote Larry, to see what everyone wants it sounds like everyone is happy with the boards now. Changes are not always good. Haunted Attraction's board looks great but it's so slow, takes forever to click through...You want to keep it fast like now and easy to access info.

Let's see a vote!

DA

Comment

I like the way the current message board is, but the graphics could look better and the layout could be less cluttered. Either way I think the new board will turn out fine. As for the homepage I would get rid of the blog and just have a large link to it instead of making the homepage a thousand miles long. The blog is just making the homepage look unprofessional in my opinion. The new header design is great though.
                          Spooky Wishes
                          Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                            The forums are pretty perfect now in my opinion also.
                            The add at the top is fine in my opinion, but I would not like to see more. This is the best haunt forum online and I would hate to see it change for the worse.
                            Allen H
                            Allen took the words right out of my mounth.

Maybe at most, change the color scheme to match the main page, but thats it.

Everyone is used to these forums as they are now, and as far as I know, everyone likes them.

PLease dont change it up.
                            Brad Bowen
                            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by mindtumor View Post
                              Nightgore
                              What does FML mean?
                              FML equals Fuck My Life

Also the new boards look cluttered and nasty!

Comment

Working...
                              X