No announcement yet.

What would you do to your haunt if.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do to your haunt if.....

With the gift show just around the corner. I was curious to hear what you all would do if You just hit the lottery for $100,000. At first I was thinking about 1 million, but then I thought thats too much money and would be easier to answer. So what would you do with 100,000 dollars? Would you give your haunt a complete makeover? Would you add to your existing haunt? (i.e, expand haunt, build new haunt, advertising, etc....)

~Walter
    aka The NightMare

GET A PERMINATE LOCATION SO I DONT HAVE TO TEAR MINE DOWN EVERY YEAR IN THE FREEZING WISCONSIN WEATHER.
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Lease a Warehouse and improve the rest of my show.
      -PH
      www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Since downtown Mount Carroll, Illinois is such a cute, historic little place (Yes it is!) I would need at least a couple of million $ probably so I could buy the whole downtown (not the major expense) and then (major expense) put a big plexiglass dome over the whole thing, my place included, of course.
        This would create an all-weather tourist attraction of the entire place and of course the second floor windows of the downtown would have alot of "people" in them, moving , of course.
        On the one side of my place is a little creek, it used to have a dam in it from 1840 to 1911?, I would rebuild the dam, creating the mill pond and a body of water in the canyon, it would be very picturesque, this would then be "Prehistoric Land" making use of the big rocks and cliffs using dinos. and thatched huts for the overnight accomodations.
        I think it could all "work".
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Get me a 10 inch lift on my truck, new paint job, thick off roadin' tires....hell I'll get a couple more trucks while I'm at it. YEEEHAWWW

Maybe I'd invest it... maaayybbbeee....
          - - Luke - -

Comment

Permanent location sounds like a good idea. Yeah, I think you would need a ton of money Jim. Thats an idea. As for trucks, will they be for the haunt/busines vehicle? If not then it didnt apply to the question. But hey, can't blame a guy for wishing for something he really wants.

Comment

Originally posted by MMManiac
              GET A PERMINATE LOCATION SO I DONT HAVE TO TEAR MINE DOWN EVERY YEAR IN THE FREEZING WISCONSIN WEATHER.
              I second that...
              "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
              -H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Start my own event... Yeah, working for them is great and all, but I really want to start my own! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheNightMare
                  As for trucks, will they be for the haunt/busines vehicle? If not then it didnt apply to the question. But hey, can't blame a guy for wishing for something he really wants.
                  lol well I don't think I could answer the question seriously. I'm not working with a haunt at the moment, I don't own anything besides some powertools and a few props I've built from past events, so I'm in the situation of waiting this out and seeing what opportunities I'm presented.

I guess my answer reguarding the question would be to save it until I have something I could spend it on. I don't think I could buy my own location and succeed, I have quite a bit to go before I have enough under my belt to do my own thing.

But I'd love to have a hauss truck with my haunts logo on the side, something that would draw your eye without the artwork, then alls you need is a little paint. :twisted:
                  - - Luke - -

Comment

If I were a rich man deedle deedle deedle deedle deedle deedle dum......
                    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I've got ninety thousand pounds in my pajamas.
                      I've got forty thousand French francs in my fridge.
                      I've got lots and lots of lira,
                      Now the deutschmark's getting dearer,
                      And my dollar bill could buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

There is...

...nothing quite as wonderful as money!
                      There is nothing quite as beautiful as cash!
                      "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
                      -H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Originally posted by Hell American Freak
                        Originally posted by MMManiac
                        I second that...
                        Let me just say, that I third the not enjoying tearing down in freezing temperatures.

I don't think $100,000 would get us very far in buying a building, but maybe we could put it toward a long-term lease...
                        www.mindseizure.com
                        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

"I don't think $100,000 would get us very far in buying a building, but maybe we could put it toward a long-term lease"

You forget about those forclosed businesses and homes you can buy for a mesley 40 thousand.
                          5 years in the business and still ticking
                          Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
                          USSN

Comment

And those businesses that are not in any shape for uses other than haunting... If it looks grim but is solid then it would be good for haunting. If you buy a nice new shiny building then you just have to work harder to mess it up...

A windfall of moolah? I'd use it next year to get a bunch of my friends to Vegas since TW is moving (waaaah)

Comment

I think I would be able to eat lunch at the Transworld Show without a coupon. :shock:

Wayne

www.trailofterror.com

Comment

Working...
                              X