Hauntworld Magazine Issue 24 - Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld Magazine Issue 24 - Transworld

Hey I need some input on what haunts you think we should cover for the next issue of the magazine (Transworld Edition)????

Any suggestions?

Also anyone have suggestions on what articles you'd like to read about, topics that need to be covered, people you'd like to see write an article, or maybe you'd like to write an article?

SPEAK!

I have a couple suggestions for haunts to cover... Dent School House, Dead Acres, Cutting Edge, or maybe even Haunted Hotel in San Diego. I'm always open to suggestions... I think one of these days we'll get Jim's haunt in the magazine but I really need to see it first. I would also like to cover Kelly haunt but I want to see that one myself and since its soooo close I'll get over there and get that done.

Issue 23 (winter issue) is done... we are putting it together NOW! However we have to turn right around and work on another edition the TW edition.

Then we'll have ONE MORE for the year (SUMMER) we'll need suggestions for that one as well... always on the look out for haunts that are pushing the envelope!

Hit me up!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I think featuring the Dent Schoolhouse would be awesome!........even though I may be a bit biased on the matter

Comment

Dead Acres

I already know all bout Haunted Hoochie n Dead Acres so that would be
      << BORING >>

btw I had a brainstorm the other day about how to promote some of the best haunts around the country ...
      Yeah its a good one..if ya get a sec give a brother a call and we'll kick it round....its never been done before and seems soo obvious...

every haunted house in the world would want one..
      and they would sell like fireworks on the 4th of july to patrons...ka Boom

were already working on it
      in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
      www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

I'd love to see Raycliff Manor featured on the cover! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Raycliff Manor would be great on the Cover.

Comment

How about an in depth how to on detailing your haunt with photos and explanation beside it using your new crypt? I think that would be good from start to finish including material used, how you put it together, colors, lighting placement, and sound.

Comment

Couple things...

1) Issue 23 is FINALLY at the printer. They will be mailed late next week. Its simply the best magazine we've ever done. Its 68 pages full color cover to cover. Every article is great! You'll love it!

2) Issue 24 will feature Dent School House and all the haunts from Kansas City. Ben is writing the feature articles on both and both haunts are going to write some very specific and very interesting articles I picked out. Should also be a great issue! It will probably be a smaller issue because it won't be jammed packed with page after page of TW stuff ...

If you want to subscribe go to www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Looking for haunts to feature for issue 25... send some suggestion. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Issue 25? DREAMREAPERS!!! -Tyler
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'll second that Tyler...
                    DREAMREAPERS!
                    Awsome haunt and it's been a few years since I've been there. Show us the remodel guys.
                    RAYCLIFF MANOR gets my vote too.
                    Greg
                    Fearfest
                    Last edited by N2SPOOKINU; 01-24-2010, 08:58 PM.
                    Greg Allen
                    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Wow

There is so many! It gets hard to choose! They all sound so good! Shane and its whoever it is will be great! Shane this time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Darkwood Manor in Luray, VA... and some of the other Virginia haunts!

http://www.darkwoodmanor.net

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
                        www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
                        Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Here is something you have to consider... I may or may not have ever heard of your haunt. Posting one image of your haunt won't do it... send me some photos, post some threads on these forums, post some videos before last year I never heard of Dent School House, I never heard of House of Torment, the list goes on.

POST SOME VIDEO POST SOME PHOTOS!

Love to see some!

Hit me up!
                          Larry

PS: As for Racliff Manor one of these days we are going to do Missouri and include them all!
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

1) Dream Reapers - Dream Reapers has been a leader in the Chicago Market for years now, and shows no intention of losing that status. For years they have been a Top Ranked attraction in our market and Was #1 in Illinois in 2008 and 2009 by Hauntedillinois.com. Dream Reapers shows an incredible amount of detail in their attraction, and has a great gift-shop to boot. At only $16 Dream Reapers is also a great value attraction and has a wealth of knowledge to offer.

2) Realm of Terror - Realm of Terror is another larger Illinois attraction, located about an hour out of the city, Realm of Terror offers quite a different type of show. This year (2009) Realm of Terror had the honor to receive the #1 title of Best Haunt by HauntedHouseChicago.com, featuring a review team that attended more than 40 attractions with in 150 miles of Chicago. Realm of Terror also provides a highly detailed attraction, featuring computerized lighting - involved layout and design - and an over-the-top approach to haunting. Additionally, Realm of Terror was ranked TOP ATTRACTION IN CHICAGO by haunted house chicago in 2009, and #2 attraction in Illinois by Haunted Illinois.com. Another interesting thing is that Realm of Terror is attached to a FEC, which allows for some interesting benefits to the attraction. Realm of Terror is no new comer either, moving into it's 8th season, Realm of Terror has established itself as a major Illinois attraction.

Another benefit to these attractions is that they both feature a year-round location, so it would be entirely possible for Hauntworld to visit either attraction and provide a detailed report.

If you made an Illinois issue out of it, you could also feature Ravens Grin, etc. There are TONS of great illinois attractions.
                            www.Doomsdayproductions.com
                            www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Darkwood Manor (http://www.darkwoodmanor.net) isn't my haunt, but Louis has created without a doubt the best one in Virginia.

Actor Photos <--- click

Set Photos <--- click

Louis also owns WICKADELLA CREATIONS (http://www.wickadella.com) that creates masks for haunts around the area.

The "Virginia is for Haunters" shirt is a cross promotional campaign I started with Darkwood (in Luray, VA), Blood Lake (the haunt I work at in Richmond, VA), and Wicked Woods (in Spotsylvania, VA). It's based off of the "Virginia is for Lovers" slogan... and I actually had to through the Virginia Tourism Corporation to get approval on using anything that says "Virginia is for ____."

Virginia is not really known as a haunt state, but we're working hard to change that perception.

*edit: I'd love to nominate Blood Lake, but we're only going into our 3rd year and don't have a permanent location yet (right now having to tear down every year)... definitely a lot of work left to do for us to reach a top tier attraction that's Hauntworld worthy.

- Ryan
                              Last edited by Haunts of Richmond; 01-27-2010, 04:43 PM.

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
                              www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
                              Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Working...
                              X