Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Ride for Sale - The Dungeon

Hey guys,

Well it's up for sale again and with a lower price. I survived another year running this ride and my schedule/life style is not slowing down. Plus my wife is getting back surgery in a little over a week and not sure if she will be able to work the ride like in the past. So the ride is on the market again.
    Here it is.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

Tom
    Tom
    Creator of the Dungeon
    WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

I wish I had the space... maybe one day!

Ride looks great!

Peter T
    FS
    Fables Studios
    Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
    https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Ahh, it kills me to see this wonderful ride.

I wish you the very best of luck and would LOVE to have this setup. The scenes are fantastic and you really put heart and soul into it.

Not sure if you sold it but the auction expired. Selling anything is very tough right now but hopefully things economy wise pick back up.

I do wish your wife the very best, she's in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Auction relisted and a Thanks to Screamhaunt...

Thanks Screamhaunt,
        I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers for my wife. And for your kind words on the ride. I have put much heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears into the Dungeon but I'm also getting tired with so much going on in my life.
        Here is a relisted/updated link to the auction which ends in 6 days:
        I'm sure if the economy wasn't so bad for the buying market, it would have probably sold by now. So I chose to sacrifice a little more in price in hopes that someone with the love and passion for a haunt/dark ride that I have will be able to live out their dreams, like I have.
        Thanks again,

Tom

Originally posted by ScreamHaunt View Post
        Ahh, it kills me to see this wonderful ride.

I wish you the very best of luck and would LOVE to have this setup. The scenes are fantastic and you really put heart and soul into it.

Not sure if you sold it but the auction expired. Selling anything is very tough right now but hopefully things economy wise pick back up.

I do wish your wife the very best, she's in my thoughts and prayers.
        Tom
        Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

You're very welcome.

I wish I had the funding to purchase that from you, it's easy to tell that you put 1000% into it and "love" your ride. I also liked the fact that you made it a seasonal ride so it has the ability to generate profit all year.

I know you want to liquidate it, but did you think about hiring a company to run it for you so you can keep it going? I just hate to see you let something like that go but I understand the "life" thing, this past year wasn't pleasant for me either but things are looking better.

I'm kind of shocked that no one bit on the ride so far. I wish you had a documentary type presentation on DVD so that if you wind up selling it, you and your gem would have the moment captured, people could learn about you and your business, the accomplishment of your dreams.

It gives me faith when I see stuff like that.

Comment

Screamhaunt,

If the ride doesn't sell (which doesn't look like it's going to happen), more than likely I'll keep her for awhile. I have a guy who I trained to operate the ride and keep up on maintenance. I'll probably give him a bigger role with higher pay so I don't have to spend a lot of time on it.
            And the DVD thing is a good idea. I video taped the whole ride for both seasons but haven't really done a documentary type thing, I like that idea.
            Thanks,
            Tom
            Tom
            Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

I wish I had the funding to buy the ride from you tonight. I'm an Oklahoma native, and one of the things that fueled my interest in haunting was the old "ghost mountain" at Frontier City (later renamed/themed Treasure Mountain"). I would go with our church youth group to the park every summer and remember riding the dark ride over and over and over.

Jim-Jim
              Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
              Haunt 2013, LLC
              and
              The House of Boo
              Dallas, TX
              www.haunt2013.com
              www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

Tom - Hope this is a day brightener!

Hi Tom,

I saw your post and wanted to drop you a line.

You met my wife and I this past October on our 7 state tour and gave us an extensive tour of The Dungeon Haunted Ride 3D.

If it is of any help, you are heavily featured on our website www.hauntedenthusiasts.com as one of our 11 out of 10's, a distinction we have only bestowed on 4 haunts, including yours. When you enter the site, go to REVIEWS. After reading our review of your haunt, if you have the time, go to HOME and watch the video montage. You will find you are well represented there as well.

Our site just went live this week. I tried to contact you several times to see if you wanted to provide any further info for your listing but I haven't heard back. With your life as busy as it has been, we can completely understand.

Please let me know if the Fright... email address at the Bricktown site is working and we will gladly do anything we can to help promote The Dungeon Haunted Ride 3D. We love your haunt, loved meeting you, and would love to do anything we can to help.

We have attended haunts since the 70's and in the last 11 years have made a concerted effort to visit as many haunts as possible. With so many haunts visited and the great conversations we've had with attendees and owners alike, we hope to act as a voice for enthusiasts and attendees and help support the great haunts we've had the opportunity to attend over the years as well as the industry as a whole.

We love the haunting industry and want to do anything we can to promote it and haunters we feel are "getting it right" and furthering the industry. The Dungeon Ride is definitely such a haunt.

God Bless. Our prayers are with you, your wife and your family. Best of luck with having your employee take over operations.

Please contact us if we can be of any help!

Jim Patton - The Haunted Enthusiasts

Comment

Hey Jim,
                  Yes, I remember our visit last fall and it was great talking with you and your wife, Stephanie.
                  And I can't say thank you enough for your comments and ratings. Although my budget isn't what Disney has, I do try to focus funds on scenes and props and the rest on cumstomer satisfaction. We rely soley on folks like you to pass the word and spend more on the ride itself.
                  I must be having problems with my email service as I haven't received an email from you. I ran into the same thing with one of my employees sending me a draft for a new shirt design for the Dungeon. So yes, it's still there but will need to check into what's going on. BUT, I did get an message from you thru ebay which I found this morning so I'll reply here pretty quick.

Speaking on ebay, I'm putting the ride back on the market hopefully tomorrow.

The Dungeon is now open on weekends and my wife is slowly getting back in the groove. She's a tough little cookie and I wasn't going to argue LOL She loves working down there but it does take time away from us being together since I don't run the Dungeon as much as I use to.

Again, thank you & Stephanie for your kind words and prayers and please make sure you stop by next time your in town.
                  Last edited by Tom; 03-30-2010, 05:37 AM.
                  Tom
                  Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

As much as I hate to...
                    She's up on the block again.
                    Here is the ebay link.
                    Tom
                    Creator of the Dungeon

Comment