No TransWorld, but maybe HC or MHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Barry but...

I can say on the kid front, that the convention is kid friendly. Seminars are as well. The only thing that may be weird is the party sat nite. The bodypainting part has partially nude models, though mostly female - a few dudes trickle in the mix. Pasties and at least g-strings. I think that would be the only "not for kids" thing. But you're kids are older, so as long as you have a heads up, I don't think it would be a bad idea. And it would be a perfect introduction into the "biz."
    And will totally hang sober with you!
    Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

I've seen the people who wear the pasties and g-strings at haunt shows and unfortunately they're not usually the type who should be wearing things like that anyway! That's what scares me and my kids! lol j/k

DA

Comment

MHC is very family friendly, and as Katie said the Ball may be the only issue. I think in the past the Ball has been 18 and over due to the nudity of the bodypaint show.
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Sarah,

The two day bus tour will probably come in around $200-250. We are still finalizing the details since we had a planned haunt drop out of the mix.

The Friday tour is tentatively priced at only $49 for 3 haunts and a bus ride!

More details coming soon.

As for kid's, Katie summed it up very well. Kid's are welcome with the proper advisories (like the party). The official MHC position is:

Seminars - Children 13 and older must register for the seminars if they will be attending. Ages 6-12 may attend with a registered adult providing they are not a disruption to the class.

Bus Tours - Children must be registered for the tours in order to ride the buses.

Friday party - This event occurs in a night club which is 21 and over.

Saturday Party - not advised for children under 13 because of adult content. However we leave this up to the parent's discretion. Anyone attending is required to have a wristband.

Tradeshow - New for this year - Children under 13 MUST be accompanied by an adult while on the tradeshow floor.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Barry

Comment

Sarah, this thread did give me another idea. I am going to post a FAQ page on the website. Thanks!

Comment

LOL, as far as the people wearing the pasties and g strings at MHC, these girls ARE the kind that can wear these things... Anyone that does NOT have a smokin body would feel ashamed standing anywhere next to these gals!
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I agree! My model is my best friend, and she's hot! LOL (I hate her... lmao)
                Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks again for all the suggestions/info. It's not likely that I'll take the girls, but it's good to know what we can expect.

And now for a costume . . .
                  Sarah Meier
                  Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                  "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Sarah...

Sorry to hear ya not going to be able to make it to TransWorld! Shane and its you will be missed! Shane this time!
                    sigpic

Comment

Dirk,

Sounds like it's time for a visit to the optometrist for you...unless your idea of smoking hot is homely chicks with junk in the trunk!! The Megan Fox's of the world can wear those things not the Carnie Wilsons... Not that all women there are unattractive, but many hot chicks wouldn't wear that whereas Transworlds boob lady will...with no shame.

DA

Comment

Wooooah, I guyess I am totally confused. The girls that were professionally painted that were in the competition are the gals I was talking about. Now, I may be older, but they all looked pretty fit to me.....
                        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

The ladies I saw in the photos from the MHC 2009 were extremely, uh, well-appointed and make me want to go on a diet every time I see them. They were not the same people who were at TW 2009.

Shane, you know what the answer to this problem is, don't you? You should go to MHC, as well as TW!
                          Sarah Meier

Comment

I think Shane is avoiding me. He keeps threatening to come to MHC but never does. Then, at Transworld, every time I asked someone about him, he had just left the area where I was. LOL

So what's up Shane??

Comment

Shane's tricky that way. After reading all his posts, I thought I'd find a real jabberjaw when I met him. But no, in person he's all quiet and sits in the corner, watching. Probably gathering ammunition for another year of posts!

Love ya, Shane! :*
                              Sarah Meier

Comment

Originally posted by xxxdirk View Post
                                LOL, as far as the people wearing the pasties and g strings at MHC, these girls ARE the kind that can wear these things... Anyone that does NOT have a smokin body would feel ashamed standing anywhere next to these gals!
                                Including men.
                                Sarah Meier

Comment

Working...
                                X