No TransWorld, but maybe HC or MHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No TransWorld, but maybe HC or MHC

Just wanted to drop in and say "I'm not dead"!

I won't be able to attend TW this year, because it's the busiest time of year at my job. Too bad, too, 'cause I was so looking forward to Shane's party. :P

Anyone with experience care to share their thoughts on HauntCon and MHC? Fun, productive, memorable?

Hugs!
    Sarah
    Sarah Meier
    Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
    "Words they remember you by"

MHC is always awesome... best seminar series around!

Hauntcon... eh, don't get me started.

We'll be going back to MHC this year and I'll be attending (or will try too) NHC. So, it's going to be a fun year!

Sucks to hear you won't be at TW... I'll get pics for you! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yeah, I'll be thinking about y'all while you're in St. Louis. On the other hand, it's a good thing to see more than one tradeshow/convention. Just wish I could do them all!
      Sarah Meier

Comment

Sarah, sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it to Transworld.

As for the other shows, I haven't been to HauntCon, but I have been to MHC and I highly recommend it! The pre-show haunt tours are great, along with the trade show floor, seminars and other activities. The masquerade ball is amazing, too!

To give you an idea of what MHC is like, check out the review I posted of the show last year: http://www.hauntedillinois.com/2009m...convention.php
        Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
        Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Been to all three but dont think I am going to hauntcon this year. IDK, what REALLY bothers me about hauntcon is how they take FOREVER to announce what the tours are, and what celebs they are going to have. HC is THE most expensive to attend, so if I am going to drop $1500 or so to attend, I want to make my plans far in advance....Here it is, 4 months out and all we know about hauntcon is the location, and the fact that they will have a tradeshow, a costume ball, some "celebs" and some tours
          MHC is a GREAT convention, always very professionally done. Great activities, more seminars than you could ever try to make, tours, and good tradeshow.
          TW is the big buying show. I wish they would have different haunt tours to visit. Larry has a great haunt and Fearfest is also cool, but come on St Louis and MO. REPRESENT! LOL. You guys must have more haunts than those two? Anyways, I am hoping they move to a different city in 2011...like back to Chicago...
          www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

MHC is a great show! You can't beat the cost, the education is top notch, and there is a great buyer floor. Plus it seems to be the most social of shows.
            Katie Lane
            Partner/VP
            Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
            sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you so much for all the good info!

Sounds like MHC is where I'm going to go. Any advice y'all can throw out there would be great. For example, is the Hyatt worth it, or would it be better to look for cheaper accommodations? Stuff like that. (I'm already excited!)

Adam, I'm sending you a PM.
              Sarah Meier

Comment

I think the hyatt is worth the cost since you are connected to the convention center and they are incredibly hospitable (they've even provided makeup remover wipes in the past).
                Katie Lane
                Partner/VP
                Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Originally posted by BruiseMuse View Post
                  I think the hyatt is worth the cost since you are connected to the convention center and they are incredibly hospitable (they've even provided makeup remover wipes in the past).
                  And I might be able to avoid renting a car. Save some bucks!

Do you happen to know whether the Hyatt or the airport provides shuttle service?
                  Sarah Meier

Comment

As far as I know there is no "free" service from the airport to the hotel. The hotel can arrange a shuttle to pick you up at a certain time, but I've tried that and it actually was less effective than just hopping in one of the thousands of cabs outside of the airport. I also found there was very little cost difference in taking a cab vs. a shuttle. I want to say it is somewhere around $15 one way via cab.

Comment

I want to thank all of you for the kind words! You all are the best advertisement we could have.

To answer a few questions:

The class schedule will be listed soon. I am waiting for a few last descriptions/bios. The bus tours are almost finalized too!

The Hyatt is definitely the place to stay. There is not much cheaper available downtown. As was already mentioned, the staff at the Hyatt loves our group and bends over backwards for all of us. The biggest benefit is that the Hyat is attached to the convention center and hosts our party so everything is right there. However, if anyone wants to stay off-site please contact me first and I can tell you where in Columbus not to stay.

There is not a shuttle from the airport but, as was mentioned, it is only about $15 to catch a cab downtown. Many people make arrangements to carpool especially on the way home.

Feel free to email or call me with any questions!

Barry
                      614-361-1466

Comment

You guys put on a great show. You deserve all the positive feedback. ENJOY!
                        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

MHC is a MUST ATTEND for me! This will be the third year and I can't wait to see Dead Acres Friday night!
                          It's a blast!

Kirk
                          Kirk Boemmel
                          Dark Ghost Manor
                          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

I concur!

I'm able to only go to one convention this year, and MHC is my choice.
                            They seem to really have a finger on the um... pulse..... of the haunt industry. And as stated before, is the MOST social and gives a chance for the buyers types and the haunters at heart to hang out and get to know each other.
                            Bring an extra liver though, because there is ALOT of drinking (which I will totally miss partaking in this year..LOL)
                            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Katie, like the new pic! (New to me, anyway.) I won't be drinking, either, so you and I can sober it up together if ya want.

Two more questions . . .

Barry, if you're reading this, do you have a ballpark idea of how much the tickets for the pre-convention bus tours are going to be - and what it will include (entry fees into the various destinations, for instance)?

Is this show family-friendly? I have two (well-behaved) daughters, ages 16 and 13, and I'm trying to "bring them into the fold," LOL. I think they would get a thrill from this. But I definitely don't want to step on toes if bringing kids is looked down on. (And I can certainly understand why!)
                              Sarah Meier

Comment

Working...
                              X