Commercial Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Time

Anyone else filming already? I started collecting footage last week. I'm thinking of trying something new. In years past we have ran 2 commercials through the season. Same footage cut differently with different dialogue. This year I want to do something similar for t.v., something spooky to remind people that it's halloween, but I want to add a series of web commercials that grab the attention of those who may not be so into halloween, but still like live theatrics. Be they funny, cute, quirky, whatever. I put one together in my attic, starring my creepy 3-year-old (and myself as the victim). This cost nothing to film and it was completed in under 48 hours including scene and costume design. Click Here

Has anyone done anything similar? Good reaction? Waste of time?
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Great commercial on a shoestring budget. The only thing I'd do differently is keeping your child in black and white throughout the first part of the commercial. When the clip got to seconds 7-9 it ruined the moment because the audience saw she was just a kid with red stuff on her. If you keep it in black and white during that part it'll keep up the suspense. Having that last part in color was fine. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Thanks, that does make sense.

Comment

fixed it.

Comment

Very cool! :twisted:

Kel
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

For a tv commercial to get my attention it has to have something strange or different about it, this would also make it more re-watchable for me as well.
            Our local car dealer made numerous strange commercials that did ellict one's attention and they were funny!
            Of course all humor is risk, you risk not being funny or offending someone.
            In one commercial he was going nutty slapping his bumper stickers all over everything, the grand finale was when he slapped one on a woman' s butt! "OOPS!"
            In another one they were prending that his wife was very angry with him and he was ducking, hiding running around to stay away from her, this was funnier than it sounds here.
            I think if you take the time and spent your money to make humor or to entertain your potential customers that they do realise this and will be (usually) favorably impressed and when this happens they will probably be remembering who you were and what your message was about.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

hahaha that's great!!

myum myum myum!!

That's something I'd save and play for her
              friends at school!!

LOL
              Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

That's something I'd save and play for her
                friends at school!!
                Yeah... Boyfriends especially.

Comment

Great commercial, hopefully have mine up soon also.

Great work, short and sweet and to the point!

Cheers

Mark

Comment

EXCELLENT! loved it actiondeath! very nice. Are you running that on local TV? Hope so, that will get peoples attention!

Alot of people dont realize how cheap tv commercial advertising is! The expensive part is getting the commercial made and formated for broadcast. (thats why we make ours so affordable!)

Without making this into a plug, if anybody has custom footage or ideas for a commercial, e-mail us and we can make it a reality! Thats our specialty!
                    Pre-Produced and Custom Haunted Attraction TV Commercials at www.elswarro.com

Comment

I think we're just running that one on the web. Mainly so people can watch it over. I've been told that the first time through some people can't exactly understand what she is saying. No good for tv. Plus, I don't exactly have permission to use that music. I may change it, don't want any copyright lawsuits.

Comment

I created some "original" music by using a record player, playing an old rock&Roll song but the needle skipped and would only play the first 3 or 4 notes (which I defied anyone to identify the original song from this smidgeon)
                        Same few notes, over and over again, very weird!
                        It worked!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

That was very cool! I agree with the above poster about keeping it in black and white. She's adorable. And your right, Mr. Reznor (or at least his lawyers) might take issue with the music. LOL. Personally, I think it does ad to the effect, tho'.
                          www.mindseizure.com
                          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

WOW! That's awesome!

Doug.
                            www.FrightProps.com
                            www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                            [Google+] [YouTube]
                            [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic!
                              "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                              X