what kind of make-up??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of make-up??

so here's another thing i need to ask to all...

what kind of make-up do you use on your actors??

thanks!!

HG
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Many use Wolfe FX makeup. (www.wolfefx.com)
    Some use airbrush makeup. (www.mehron.com)
    Others might use old fashioned grease paint.

It's all personal preference really. All have their pros and cons
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

airbrush make up (my own mix from acrylics)
      then they are sent to a finisher who applies blood or blood gel and pencils in under the eyes if necessary and does their teeth.
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I myself buy wolfefx makeup and Ben Nye products as well. I bring it with me when im acting, as the haunts i worked in used cheap cream makeup. I mainly use Ben Nye's liquid latex to make ripped skin, holes, and wolfefx pots to blend and paint.

Comment

For a middle of the road price and decent quality,I use mehron grease. When usesd with barrier spray, can hold up pretty well over the course of the night. Mostly because of the numbers of actors, its the most economical way to go. And if you don't have a super skilled group of artists, (which can be a makeup wasting adventure...ugh..) you can buy a little more than you need to make sure you don't run out.
          AVOID the stuff you buy at the major retailers - it's crap.
          For personal use, I would go with Wolfe brothers since it will go a long way.
          Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

We are primarily an airbrush shop. We create our own airbrush makeup by mixing Mehron liquid makeup with Ben Nye Final Seal.
            Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 01-26-2010, 09:43 AM.
            Kevin
            MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Airbrush - Mehron liquid makeup
              Grease - Ben Nye (and some Mehron, but I'm partial to Nye)
              Latex - Screamline Studios Liquid Latex
              Blood - Ben nye (expensive, but I love the color, taste, and consistency). We either made our own blood or used Mehron's blood for makeup jobs that needs tons of blood.
              Powders - Ben Nye and Steins (some websites still carry this defunct brand and it is worth it)
              Misc - Ben Nye Fresh Scab (one of my favorite items)
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

why i was asking this is because the haunt i work at only has the stuff from like k-mart or waly world. most likely the make-up i have to use sadly is from any places thats end with -mart stores..

I have been trying to find some good make-up for my haunt that way i know were to look for. so that way when my haunt is up a running then i can have my actors look good. i don't care for masks but some times they are good.

Comment

Hauntedghost~

As far as makeup for haunts, I've used all types everything from "mart" brandto Mehron.

Alot of it would depend on how "detailed" and how long the person will be wearing it. If its a short period of time , as for instance one or 2 nights they will be working, then we will use the "mart " brand. If some one will be working the entire runof the show , well pull out the good stuff they would be more worth it.

That being said its also personal prefernce and what the person wearing the makeup is comfortable with.

For instance, we have one actor that can't for whatever reason wear the Mehron red grease, but yet they can wear the "mart" brand. Again no idea why but thats the way it is .

As far as latex that too we go with generally stick with Mehron have to be careful with cause we have people that have latex allergy, they cant even be within breathing distance of it , so we have to make them up first due to I guess you would call it "cross contamination". They also make a decent "3d gel" for wounds and such, same issue tho is the latex allergy.

What I WILL say , mehron grease or liquid or latex is definatly more "realistic" , a bit on the pricey side (depending on where you get it and what colors you get) but I have found ( after YEARS of trying other makeup ) a little goes a long way with the Mehron.

The way we set the Mehron ( or any other makeup) is a little "old school" in a way. Belive it or not BABY POWDER works wonders as well as a few spritzes of water it helps it set quite nicely, you can then eat, drink(any beverage of choosing), smoke ( if you are so inclined ot do so), prety much anything once its set.

As far as the realisim , I'll give ya an example or 2. My haunt partner ( 21 years old) make a FULL Freddy mask (for himself) out of Latex and TOILET PAPER ( as a "binder" and to make the burns look "realisitc") unfortunately I dont have a pic handy of it but it looks AWESOME and is still in use to this day, after 3 years of attaching and reattaching maany times during the season(s). Second he made (for me) a FULL Pinhead mask, granted he used a "baldy cap" for the top of my head but the rest is again latex and toilet paper and also is still in use to this day , 3 or 4 years and still going strong.

I know this post is a BIT long but hope it helps.

Good luck with whatever makeup you choose/have to use.
                  ~LoneWolf
                  Last edited by lonewolfmage; 01-26-2010, 06:21 AM. Reason: adding a few details

Comment

I buy the cheap stuff from Party City every November and use it to practice on myself during the course of the year. I also do makeup at certain events during the year and the cheap works fine for that.

When I'm traveling to haunts during the season, I tend to use Hollywood Latex from Morris. I also use Screamline's latex from time to time. The last bottle of Mehron I had was half solid and pretty much unusable.

I use Bloody Mary and Ben Nye for grease and scab. I make my own blood using common household ingredients...

This was all done with cheap grease bought at Party City. Scab is from Ben Nye...

http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolfmage View Post
                      Hauntedghost~

As far as the realisim , I'll give ya an example or 2. My haunt partner ( 21 years old) make a FULL Freddy mask (for himself) out of Latex and TOILET PAPER ( as a "binder" and to make the burns look "realisitc") unfortunately I dont have a pic handy of it but it looks AWESOME and is still in use to this day, after 3 years of attaching and reattaching maany times during the season(s). Second he made (for me) a FULL Pinhead mask, granted he used a "baldy cap" for the top of my head but the rest is again latex and toilet paper and also is still in use to this day , 3 or 4 years and still going strong.

I know this post is a BIT long but hope it helps.

Good luck with whatever makeup you choose/have to use.
                      ~LoneWolf

my wife and i do almost the same thing. I have to shave my head and then get a freddy make-up mask/prosthetic that you can find at a halloween store. my wife put a layer of latex on me first then the prosthetic after that then the TOILET PAPER. after that dries one more layer of latex and after that dries. then comes the make-up colors!!

I think i have some pics of it.

HG
                      Attached Files

Comment

Greetings~

Badger~

That makeup job looks AWESOME . I really do like it

HauntedGhost~

Nice job to you as well .. who would have tought that latex and toilet paper would work so well to gether ???? I was even shocked when my makup guy used at and howe "durable" it acctually is. That is definatelky a tecnique(depending on the situation) that he even mentioned he will keep using for a LONG TIME

Again great work guys.
                        ~LoneWolf

Comment

we found out about the toilet paper was a good mix when playing around at out haunt one day. We had some left over latex on the toilet paper and time was running out. because we had to start every shortly one of the fellow haunter put that on there face and what do you know... it held up the hole night!!

i think it's one of the coolest things ever..

oh and by the way, my wife took corn flakes and mix it in with latex and you get of a some what of a chop up face!! add the blood/ make-up color of red and you are good to go!! oh and by the way you have to put this on our face. then the make-up colors/ blood.

Comment

and this is what happens when you add a panty hoses to the mix..
                            Attached Files

Comment

http://www.skinillustrator.com/

I LOVE this makeup. alchohol activated, and will not wear, sweat, or smear off!
                              -Mat

Comment

Working...
                              X