Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shareware for Audio and Video editing.... any Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shareware for Audio and Video editing.... any Suggestions?

I will be purchasing some Audio and Video Editing software in the next few months but I generally prefer to learn on shareware and get my feet wet. I often find that it helps with the final product as well as my learning curve. I did the same thing with Notepad ++ before I bought dreamweaver. So my question in 2 parts.

1. What Video and Audio Editing shareware would you recommend?

2. What is the Mammajamma of Video and Audio Editing software?

Thanks again for any and all advice!
    Corwyn
    Nightmare's Gate
    corwynambrose@gmail.com
    "What I need is more power and less *@^! from you people....... HEY....... who took my tiara of pain!!!"

You need to know what your editing first, HD, AVCHD, SD? Then move forward after speaking to as many Pros as possible. Your computer is the base for all your software. To slow, forget about it. You will be very frustrated, trust me. If you cut corners here, you will regret it.

If you have the bucks, go MAC with Final Cut pro, your final product is important as well. Blue ray?

If your serious, don't count out a turn key solution, they are designed to edited quickly and efficiently, you actually save money this way in the long run. Try BH in NY.

Adobe Premier is top of the line. Long learning curve.
    I don't care for AVID, it's overpriced.
    Sony Vegas is nice, I use it because I have an AVCHD Canon HD20, it interfaces nicely.
    Look up CNET, for their product reviews, there is some great below $ 100.00 software out there.

Good Luck,

Matt Marich
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I second Matt, I edit everyday on final cut pro, and its one of the mostly used editing programs these days. However the de facto standard is AVID, but I highly doubt you will want to go that route unless you want to get into the industry.

I have edited on AVID as well, and while it does have a steep learning curve, if your familiar with tape to tape, or splicing film you will find it much easier to pick up, as that is all we used in film school. As for price you may want to see if you can take a class at your local college on editing, you might then qualify for an education discount on final cut. Best of luck!
      Bill Rod.
      Dark Tech Effects
      Automated DMX Lighting
      Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

I know my actor training DVD is being edited on Final cut. For audio there is a free program called audacity that is very good. I use it pretty often and like it alot.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We use final cut and love it. We have a Canon HV30 (HD video) and it works smoothly... it's fast... and the final products is awesome! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'm using, and love, Final Cut Express. I may need to go to FCP one day, but FCE does a great job for me so far. It still has a lot of capabilities I haven't explored yet. We're importing the AVCHD footage from a Canon HG10 (in HD.)

Steve
            Lights Alive
            www.lights-alive com
            Steve Peterka
            Lights Alive
            www.lights-alive.com

Comment

If you are using a PC I like Adobe Premiere Elements. I have not done much editing but I have found it to be easy for me to do what I need.
              Rusty
              Arx Mortis - Tech Department

-- Some people claim to see dead people, I see everything.

Comment

Working...
              X