Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transworld Buyer/Seller or simple Observer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Buyer/Seller or simple Observer?

The Transworld Halloween Show is fast approaching.

I want to know this year are you a buyer, seller or observer?

If you're a buyer are you planning on spending more this year than last year, same, or less or none?

What do you plan on spending?

What are you hoping to see?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Transworld Buyer/Seller or simple Observer?

I observe the simple. That makes me a simple observer.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I'm going to buy stuff like books, dvds, etc... but that's it. Other than that I'm just an observer. -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The plan is to buy, but that depends on what I find this year. I do plan to spend more this year than last year(and yes I was there last year as well).
        Jared Layman

Comment

I want to know this year are you a buyer, seller or observer?
          Buyer

If you're a buyer are you planning on spending more this year than last year, same, or less or none?
          More

What do you plan on spending?
          Dunno yet. Depends if I find anything worth buying.

What are you hoping to see?
          I'm typically more into it for supplies or base parts (buckys, latex, coverings, etc) than I am for fully constructed props (Tell me again why I want the same props the guys down the street have?). Books, DVD's, and edu materials are high on my list this year, too. I'm also interested in "eye candy" type things that don't actually do much other than increase the visual stuff in the haunt. We have animatronics/special effects well under our own control.
          -------------------------------
          http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

First Im going to be an observer and if all the cards play right, I'll become a buyer. Anything I spend ths year will be more then I spent last year...
            Sean De Wane
            ----------------------------------------------
            The De Wane Asylum
            www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Planning on buying the most I ever have. Course, that will depend what is there though...
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Going as a buyer. The budget this year is only about 16K as we have a new location this year. We are also holding back some funds for the Rocky Point auction. We are looking for some detailing props, special effects, and a couple of WOW pieces. I wont know what they are till I see them. Mike
                Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Buying and learning, thats our focus for 2007. There will be four of us and we are going to try to hit as many seminars as possible. As for our buget, I would say we will be spending less this year at the actual show, but my guess is we will be placing orders for the next few months based on what we see at TW.
                  Heartstoppers
                  Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                  www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

I'm looking to drop about 200 G's.......Of course, this was just a set up for Jim Warfield to comment!

Seriously though, it's really hard to say until you get there and see what's new. We always buy many cool things at the show, this year will probably be no different. I'm hoping to see anything fun and different. Last year the horses sold by Unit 70 and Scarefactory were surprising to see and very popular.

Allan

Comment

I already made my major purchases, for 2007, from The Scarefactory during their year end sale and everything has been delivered already!Everything was 15% off of the catalog price. I'll be shopping for smaller items at TW such as Sinister Scents, camo netting, PicoBoo controllers, etc.
                      Kevin
                      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

We plan on doing a lot of product research at the show and then coming back and having a meeting to prioritize, discuss and re-visit our budget. Once we've done that, we'll determine what we'll be buying. When I went to TW the year before last, I spent nothing at the actual show, but I did spend thousands with the TW vendors between the show date and the time we opened. Last year I spent with primarly the same vendors, even though I didn't go to the show, and invested some in a couple of new vendors I discovered through the onling forums and the conversations about the show in the forums. Like I said, this year, it's all about education and research... oh yeah, and a lot of partying and networking! :wink:

Kel
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Buyer (but not big stuff)... there's some good-deal cash/carry items that I want from Bodybagging and other folks.

As of right now/as far as I know, our haunt is still on haitus - which is fine with me since I've been busy being a Mom lately!

We'll mainly be there looking and making notes for our boss for "a wish list" for if/when we reopen.

...and will be networking, catching up with old friends, visiting Dreamreapers... and hiting our traditional Tiki Bar down the road where the drinks are cheaper, stronger and the decor is kitchy-er!
                          Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                          The White Star Farm
                          "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

If you don't reopen and you need to get your fix, pack the family up and come on over to Eureka Springs Nicole!

Kel
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the invite, but if we don't reopen end up using my makeup kit and some of my TW sample buys when I do makeup for our college haunted tunnels (creepy service tunnels underneath the university)... It's my alma mater - and I work there in Admissions... the haunted tunnels is run by the activities board that I used to be a part of when I was a student, and since I work there I know alot of the kids - it's for one night, all money goes to charity, and it's a TON of fun.

There's already the Bodybagging's Autopsy Atalie chest appliance that I know the students will be FIGHTING to wear next year - it's on my to-buy list this year at TW... if our haunt doesn't reopen I'm definitely loaning it to the haunted tunnels at the U.
                              Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                              The White Star Farm
                              "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X