No announcement yet.

Fog machines, which are you more likley to purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love fog - can't get enough of the stuff. Luckily here the weather is often very sympathetic! People can see the house all the way down the street because of the fog. Strangely enough this has not resulted in any car crashes!

The big industrial foggers are great but finding a spot to put them is a problem they look to intrusive. I use the 'ice' type ground foggers in mid-size this way I can dot them about for a more uniform fog. They are easier to disguise.

Nothing worse than having visible equipment and noisey motors.

X

Comment

Is it just me or has the price of foggers gone down a LOT over the last 5-6 years. The first one I bought at Spencers was about 6 years ago, it was the cheepest one at about $80, now they run about $20....I wonder why....
      Heartstoppers
      Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
      www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Almost all of them are coming from China.
        Thanks, Jeff
        www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
        www.HauntForum.com
        www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

yes china and the parts are cheaper inside than a couple years ago all five china foggers we bought quit this year.
          http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ryptreaper.jpg

Comment

They're all made in China so unless you get a Rosco or something, the durability is pretty much the same. Output and warm time (the first warm up and how much it has to warm up during each cycle), is what the expense comes from. I just use the $20 from walmart in each room, and throw a chiller on it if i need to. However, you can make a "fog system" to go through a maze or other area where one fog machine would not be practical (you would have zero visibility in one area, and no fog accross the room). Take a large fogger (1500-2000 watts) , put a fan or blower system on it, and route it to PVC pipe overhead or down below, then just drill holes in the pipe where you want the fog to go. I saw this on one of the Hauntworld tapes, help me out with the specifics Larry.
            Slash
            "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Don't remember the company we bought from back in 2004 but we bought about 30 of the cheap ones at TW. All 30 have hit the can,worked for maybe a weekend if we were lucky.
              Cleaning them wasn't an option, the heater coils would burn out real quick!
              Next time we buy the pro foggers, like others have said high output and it's lasts years not weekends!

Comment

Working...
              X