Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoff Becks New DVD: Haunting Makeup is finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys...i talked to geoff tonight...he is mighty thankful for all of your support...he is smiling from ear to ear to hear all the compliments...he really has worked hard and it is awesome to see that the hard work is appreciated...so here is a small quote from the man himself
    "just based on three of the quotes from this thread they are exactly what my goal was when i made this DVD -- to have people express vocally how it effected them emotionally, and it sounds like they are going to have the makeup staff utilize this info artistically for character creation"
    and the long winded SOB goes on to say, "every DVD that i make from here on out will be vast and immense with its scope, quality, and quantity regardless of the topic because as mentioned earlier in this thread i want to be the guy who raises the bar and gives true value to the hard working individuals within the haunted attraction industry that have creative vision and the work ethic that allows them to accomplish their goals"
    and now that i have the fingerprints worn off my fingers from typing his message, i will end it...gotta go soak the fingers in a bowl of water and epson salts....geez....lol

todd poole
    as quoting for geoff beck from shutter production (well in parts i slightly paraphrased...lol)

Comment

Haunting Makeup DVD

I appreciate Todd typing some of my initial thoughts (standing behind him in the Screamline Studios office) in response to the great comments posted by some of the nice and thoughtful haunters out there. Every word means so much to me as I have been editing this DVD very heavily for the past four months (the first out of thirteen makeups was shot back in december 2005). So it appears that the effort is appreciated and from the bottom of my heart I thank you. I want to mention that work on the next DVD HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME TWO should begin around July of this year and I am interested in having new and different makeup artists to join some of the previous ones from the first DVD to take part in creating some exciting makeups. If you are interested in participating as a makeup artist please email me at geoffgbeck@yahoo.com. telling me a little about yourself and your experience, and I may contact you by phone or email and talk with you further about potential makeup ideas for the next DVD. I want to take a momment and thank the following makeup artists who participated in making HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE a reality: Roger Miller, Josh Monroe, Todd Poole, Tawny Miller, Jeff Glatzer, David H. Greathouse, Rob Johnson, Scott Sliger, and Jason Blaszczak. Also, I want to give a shout out to the patient and willing models who sat (mostly still) in "the Chair" allowing the makeup artists to have their way with them (artistically): Brittany Student, Rex B. Hamilton, Kelly Miller, Scott Jenkins, Brandy Mason, Beth Biasella, and John Pascarella. I want to give a huge shout out to Virgil Franklin who provided 80% of the music (and variety) for the background in the makeup seminars. One more shout for Scott Broad for his marketing suggestions and the Wolfe Brothers for their professional influence and their appreciation of my contribution to the art of makeup. I look forward to working on the next makeup DVD and I appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

Thanks,
      Geoff Beck

Ps. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions of the idea of the Wolfe Brothers and myself teaming up to create a Wolfe Brothers makeup DVD?
      Geoff Beck is an acting and makeup veteran of 13+ years who has been involved in educational seminars and has worked as a coordinator for many different haunts. He has directed PLAYING WITH FEAR, and HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE.

Comment

Geoff, I personally think a wolfe brothers how-to would be Awesome, They do awesome jobs and are very Entertaining!!!!
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I have to second that. A wolfe brosthers how to would be a great addition to the DVD how to library.

Keep up the good work Geoff and keep us learning.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
          http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
          "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
          http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Why do I feel that...

Greetings Geoff,
            Why do I feel that anything you tackle will be a great thing for our industry. With that said, it was a pleasure working with you in your first DVD called "Playing with Fear". It has been a wonderful tool with all our staff and I know they are looking forward to your coming again this year to further developing their acting and makeup program for our 18th year of haunting. YES,YES,YES by all means get started on the next Beck project and to all other haunter's here is a strong recommendation to purchase the makeup Vol 1 immediately if you have not done so already.

From a Haunt Owner who still gets into make up every single night the haunt is open currently for 18 years straight - and refuses to let any of his staff wear mask!
            Crazy Bob Turner - Haunted Hydro Dark Attraction Park Fremont, Ohio

Comment

How nice

I want to take a momment and thank the following makeup artists who participated in making HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE a reality: Roger Miller, Josh Monroe, Todd Poole, Tawny Miller, Jeff Glatzer, David H. Greathouse, Rob Johnson, Scott Sliger, and Jason Blaszczak. Also, I want to give a shout out to the patient and willing models who sat (mostly still) in "the Chair" allowing the makeup artists to have their way with them (artistically): Brittany Student, Rex B. Hamilton, Kelly Miller, Scott Jenkins, Brandy Mason, Beth Biasella, and John Pascarella. I want to give a huge shout out to Virgil Franklin who provided 80% of the music (and variety) for the background in the makeup seminars. One more shout for Scott Broad for his marketing suggestions and the Wolfe Brothers for their professional influence and their appreciation of my contribution to the art of makeup.
              Well that was nice of you Geoff to thank EVERYBODY.

Steve Martini
              Screamline Studios
              www.screamlinestudios.com
              steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Im just curious, who is this Rob Johnson I keep hearing about? LOL
                Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I Just wanted to mention that I just got off the phone with Jason Blaszczak from Screamline Studios, and as a way to celebrate the success of the new DVD HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE we have an exciting offer! Buy two DVDs and get a third for free! It is signed by the director and by Jason Blaszczak--the makeup artist who did the demon on the cover and who also did a demonstration on how to detail costuming. So at $19.95 each, you get three DVDs for $39.90, plus shipping. This offer is only for orders taken at the website www.screamlinestudios.com. No other carrier of this product will be offering this at this time, so take advantage of this while supplies last!
                  Geoff Beck is an acting and makeup veteran of 13+ years who has been involved in educational seminars and has worked as a coordinator for many different haunts. He has directed PLAYING WITH FEAR, and HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE.

Comment

Working...
                  X