Wolfman "no spoilers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfman "no spoilers"

I saw the earliest show I could. I had high hopes for this one, and I was not let down. I thought it was one of the best horror movies of the last 10 years. If you are a fan of the original Universal monster movies, you will like this movie. It has a lot of elements that remind you of the feel of the classics. I liked how they did not go crazy on the make up. It still looks like the Wolfman but with an up to date more scary look. The animation was very well done but not over done. I liked the new storyline with some of the original characters left in tact. This gives me a good feeling about all the other Universal remakes on the way. I give it a 9 3/4 out of 10. GO SEE THIS MOVIE NOW!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Sweet, I am so happy to hear this! Looking forward to seeing it.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Im glad to hear this. U.S Today was bashing it. Saying the Wolfman looks like Chewbacca from Star Wars. And gave it a 2 out of 4. I figured they were bashing it because its a horror movie. Im hoping I dont end up agreeing with there review. Going tonight!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

The wolfman is near and dear to my heart, I have a promo tonight for it but I told some friends I would see it with them on sunday. Im pretty happy that it has been remade, and I cant wait for the others. Im also eagerly anticipateing the Clash of the titans remake.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Ya, I think I'm going to see it this weekend. I too am very excited for the new Clash of the Titans movie.

Comment

I saw it today, and first let me say I really...really....really wanted to like this movie as werewolves are my favorite. That said I didn't really like it, I thought it was slow and while they did go back to the original wolfman for the look, for me it was not near scary enough.

I was really thrilled with the lead playing the wolfman either, I didn't think he was a great actor at all, Anthony Hopkins did a good job as always but sorry to say I was disappointed...others may like it but i was let down.

Jeff

Comment

Okay I went to see it... The Wolfman is my favorite classic monster of all time and I mean of all time so I really wanted to love this movie. I can't say I loved this movie because I didn't but I liked it. It had a great tone out of the hole and all through the middle, it got kinda cheesy towards the end and it was like well everyone somehow will be or is a werewolf. LOL

I loved the acting it was good, the movie had the feel of Bram Stroker Dracula in many ways, and the wolfmans powers have been ramped up considerably from the original.

Remember Frank meets the Wolfman... well this Wolfman would tear the stitches out of old Frank. Wolfman can run superfast, has all sorts of keen senses, razor sharp claws, bigger teeth, he's stronger, bigger and well meaner.

I think in the original Wolfman he couldn't have killed more than a few people in this version he kills like the whole town! LOL

Couple things I really didnt' like was the fact non of the characters really bonded like the gypsy she really plays very little role in this film unlike the original she was a key person in the movie.

It almost seemed like NOTHING could stop the Wolfman he was nearly unstoppable. Bottom line I liked the movie but it seemed like you've seen it before it wasn't that original the make up job wasn't just different, blah, blah...

But if you love Horror movies you have to see the movie its part of the legend of Universal. I hope to see another one!

Will you love this movie no, but will you like it oh yeah!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I would give it an average score. 3 out of 5. The sets and mood and tone was all set and done beautiful. But the story how they changed it in parts kinda sucked. Anthony Hopkins was good. But Benicio was like just there in the part. I didnt think it was all that great. Was looking for much better. Danny Elfman did the music score. He is always great. Go see it there are parts you will like.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Good not great

It was good, not great. I thought it dragged a bit, slow tempo. The acting, excluding Hopkins, was mediocre. It was cool to see a "makeup" wolfman instead of CGI, definitely a throwback, but still really cool. It made me jump a few times, but the suspense level wasn't that high.

I'll be curious to see how it does. I think if you're not a horror fan, you may have a hard time with it, don't think it will find much of a cross over audience. Is it worth seeing? I think so, but overall it wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be.

Chris
                  Chris Stafford
                  1331 Entertainment Group
                  Denver Haunted Houses - The Asylum & 13th Floor Haunted House http://www.getscared.com
                  13th Floor Haunted House - San Antonio, Texas http://www.13thfloorsanantonio.com
                  13th Floor Haunted House - Phoenix, Arizona http://www.13thflooraz.com

Comment

Seen it....

Tonight and I really thought it was great! I love the fact that they did not go over the top with him like they did in the Hulk! Shane and I give it 4 out of 5 stars! Shane this time.
                    sigpic

Comment

So Everybody,

that posted about the Wolfman movie....are you all suggesting that we haunters should start allowing our hair to grow Now so it will be sufficiently "Wolfy" this fall?
                      Practise your howling.
                      "OOOOOO O!" (snark, snark!)
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

went yester day and enjoyed it. it was not the best but i still liked it and so did the kids, i would say a 7 out of ten i think they should have went all out on this one as it could have been one of thoses movies that transended all age groups and could have been a big seller. over all i will be buying it when it comes out on dvd as i loved the sets and seens and saw some great ideas. we tried a new theater this time one where they serve you inside like a resteraunt it was prety cool but smelled just a little to much like a bar. enjoy all and have a nice day.
                        John
                        The Care Taker
                        John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Saw it yesterday and thought it was a blast! Loved the Rick Baker makeup job for the Wolfman and thought the CGI transformations were decent (can't beat good old fashion non-CGI, which I was hoping for). I totally agree with Larry, I was getting a 1992 Bram Stoker's Dracula vibe from it. The sets and atmosphere and camerawork were mind-blowing. Loved the fog and black/white contrast and feel to the film.
                          Definitely a BUY on DVD when it comes out. Might even go see it again!

Kirk
                          Kirk Boemmel
                          Dark Ghost Manor
                          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

It made about 36 million over the four day weekend. That isn't great and doesn't bode well for a sequel but I'm hopeful. It needs to get to about 100 million domestic and another 100 million overseas to talk about another one.

I do think if they do another one they should do Frankenstein vs. Wolfman no question about it... give me another one but include Franky!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I think the current weather emergencies have kept people from seeing this AWESOME movie! So, don't beat it down to hard... I'm sure if the situations where different, it would have made a TON of money! -Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X