No announcement yet.

Wolfman "no spoilers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen it a couple of times.... visuals are great, tone is appropriately serious, love the Wolfman make-up. I think it will be more appreciated as time goes by. Sure it feels slow at times but remember it could have been like Van Helsing!

Comment

I am a huge wolf man fan, I liked it alot. I liked the story. Yes it was slow, but it was faster than the original.
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

It's definitely time for a Frankenstien movie, but just hime alone for the first one then do one with the Wolfman. He can stand on his own as he was way more popular in pop culture than the wolfman, just behind Dracula.

DA

Comment

Frankenstien Vs. the Wolfman, I've always wanted ET vs. Predator.
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

I thought it was Great! Good Story! Good FX not over the top!! I wish it was longer and for some reason I did not think it was slow.... Maybe thats just me.. O well..

Peter T
            FS
            Fables Studios
            Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
            https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

We saw it this weekend and really enjoyed it. I appreciate that they didn't do over-the-top CGI and the film actually developed the characters. The sets and costumes were great as well.
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I really loved it, although I thought there was a little gratuitous gore for the sake of gore. Like when heads were lopped off and entrails left steaming in the grass. I too felt the Bram Stoker's Dracula look to it. I LOVED Rick Baker's make-up, looked like a real werewolf, not a skinny wolf up on it's hind legs. It was a cross between The Original Wolfman and Curse of the Werewold, Benicio Del Torro actually reminded me of Oliver Reed at times. Great going back to the Wolfman well for the story. I didn't care for the Anthony Hopkins father character also being a werewolf. I preferred Bela the gypsy being the orgonal ww.

My sone liked it OK, we saw it together, he agreed with me abut the gore and blood factor.

All in all, I loved it. Bring on Frankenstein and "Frank meets the WM"

KroneDaddy
                Hauntus Emeritus
                Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
                Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

If KroneDaddy doesn't edit his post you'll need to mark this thread *spoiler alert*.. I have yet to see the film and wasn't expecting that bit of information.

For those of you that mentioned the make-up, Rick Baker recently pointed us to some very cool photo's of the make-up process, I have posted them below for you and others to check out. It's always great to see the process involved in creating monsters.

Now, for all of you waiting for a Frankenstein film, here's news for you.
                  From what I hear Guillermo del Toro has a 4 picture deal with Universal. Doug Jones (Abe Sapien) is set play the Monster. It's my understanding that del Toro will be taking it back to Mary Shelley's book with a 'reimagining' of the Monster, so how much he stray's FROM that, we'll have to see... Designs are being drawn and make-up tests are being done. It's said that this Monster will be based, in-whole or in part, on Bernie Wrightson's illustrations of Frankenstein's monster. It definitely sounds interesting. Too bad it wont be any time soon....

On to the make-up pics...

Last edited by SpookywoodsFX.com; 02-16-2010, 11:24 PM.

Comment

A Few More....

A few more....

Comment

Boy, this film was a mixed bag. I loved the look and time period, and the actors were great; Hugo Weaving is just plain awesome.

The gore was totally unnecessary. This film really could have been (and should have been) PG-13, as the themes and general storyline were so tame that the gore just felt tacked on. They would have made more money as, really, the film isn't that scary and could have appealed to younger teenagers and those who normally don't go to horror films.

A fine "B" movie and a fun rental.
                      SHADOWS HAUNTED ATTRACTION
                      http://www.ShadowsHaunt.com

Comment

I was actually surprised that it was R rated as well. Less gory and more story would have brought in more $s. Still great to see the classic monsters still prowling the screen much more than Freddy and his pals.

Comment

I heard it sucked....... But

I did not see the movie yet, but 2 people I know saw it and hated it. The critics totally bashed it. These reports turned off at least 3 people I know from going to see it. I will still go and see it. Most of these movie critics are idiots who let their egos shine in their reviews. (they are usually wrong anyway, especially about horror movies) . I never let a critic steer me away from a movie with subject matter I enjoy. I hope it makes alot of money and I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                          X