Medusa mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medusa mask

I may be wrong but I think this question was asked years ago, & since it would've been years ago I don't remember the answer. Are there any companies anyone knows of that will be at TW that carry the Medusa mask? Of course I'm talking snakes & all.

John
    John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Copyright Problems

I think there may be since I think anyone using Medusa's likeness would have to pay my Mother-in-law for it.
    All she ever said was "Ssssss!" Then her fangs would come out, then she would bite. It was tempting to allow myself to turn into stone just to see her fangs smash against me!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You stated "the medusa mask" do you mean a Medusa mask? If you have a certain mask in mind then Im not sure.
      Monster-tronics.com sells a Medusa set up that has moving snakes, other than that I cant think of one.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
        You stated "the medusa mask" do you mean a Medusa mask? If you have a certain mask in mind then Im not sure.
        Monster-tronics.com sells a Medusa set up that has moving snakes, other than that I cant think of one.
        Allen H
        Ah yes, & thank you for pointing that out. I did in fact mean "a Medusa mask", I wasn't aware that there were more than one kind. In the local stores around here selling masks/costumes I've never seen any Medusa mask(s) at all.
        I believe I'll check out the above mentioned site, Thanks! I would've been content with non-movers but the other way sounds cool too.

John
        John Elks - Staff

Comment

Just checked it out & I've just gotta say EEEEEEEESH! For that price I think I'd have it for display purposes only! I wouldn't want to chance breaking the darn thing! I don't mind putting in the $$$ for some things, but for a head piece, WOW! Jeeze, now I'm making myself sound cheap! Oh well. Thank you again for letting me know about that site, there may be other things I can afford more easily.
          John Elks - Staff

Comment

I would love to hear what you are doing with Medusa. I had one in my minotaur haunt a few years back.
            I found another one here
            http://www.emasks.com/asp/iteminfo.a...e&I=6709650&R=
            Im trying to find a pic of The one i made.
            Allen H

Comment

I found the pics, It may give you an idea to make your own. If you like I can give the info on how I made it, it moved great and looked real good in the light it was in. Airbrush make up did the rest of it.

Allen H

Comment

http://www.monster-tronics.com/produ...b21c42598dc675

From Monster-tronics
                Ed Roberts
                Founder
                The Nightmare Factory
                www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
                www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Thanks guys for pointing out our product. We have not had time to update the website but the Gorgon has been completely re-sculpted along with most of our existing products. The new Gorgon has much bigger snakes, better paint and a water squirter that can shoot 15 to 20 feet.

Yes, it is not cheap but our products are targeted at the pro haunt that want to bring something different and cool to their show. The old Gorgon’s show price was $520. The new cost reflects a weeks time to build and the paint job alone costs more than 5 to 10 china/mex made cheapo masks. Also remember the price on the web is list and includes two batteries, charger, two wireless remotes, water squirter etc.

Not only do the snakes move, but when you push another button all of the snakes strike forward. The water spitter shoots from the same remote and holds enough water for hundreds of squirts.

I've been meaning to release our new formal warranty policy which is a “Life Time” support on labor, plus our standard one year “Parts/Labor”. The new “Life Time” support warranty covers all products sold to date. If anyone out there has a problem with a Monster-Tronics product just send it back (in off season). We can also provide a new type of skin, paint, etc… We stand behind out products and support our customers.

I have always received positive feedback from all of our animated costume buyers. I wear them myself to haunts for testing and just for fun. The reactions and comments from the patrons are always incredible and nothing at all like a static mask.

Here is a picture of the new Gorgon, and thanks for looking. Hope to see you all at Transworld, still busting balls trying to get ready. Working on what I believe is our coolest product to date. If you want shock and awe from a costume, this one will fill the bill.

Last edited by Monster-Tronics; 02-21-2010, 01:30 PM.
                  Regards,
                  Jeff Londos
                  Monster-Tronics
                  Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                  www.Monster-Tronics.com
                  Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Allen, who's the Ab-Fab fan over there? I couldn't help notice the picture on the wall. I loved that show!!! I'm not much of a TV person, but that is one show that I couldn't resist watching. LOL

Kel
                    sigpic
                    Kelly Allen
                    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                    www.RaycliffManor.com
                    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

LOL, my "understanding" wife is a big fan of that show. I set up the garage when I took the pics and that is a giant magnet on the side of the garage fridge.
                      Allen H

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                        I would love to hear what you are doing with Medusa. I had one in my minotaur haunt a few years back.
                        I found another one here
                        http://www.emasks.com/asp/iteminfo.a...e&I=6709650&R=
                        Im trying to find a pic of The one i made.
                        Allen H
                        I'd LOVE to tear out one of our graveyards & in its place put in a Medusa room, after seeing the previews for the Lightning Theif movie I got it in my head it would be a cool scene to do. I've seen the statues Unit 70 has & I believe they'd be a perfect addition.
                        All this is something I brought up to boss man, he seems to like the idea but I have a feeling it's gonna be a no-go. Maybe sometime in the future.
                        I just completed my new Gothic Jungle Room just outside our makeup/costume room, now that I'm more or less experienced with artificial vines, moss, & such I believe I could really do one heck of a job on MUCH larger scale!

John
                        John Elks - Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Monster-Tronics View Post
                          Thanks guys for pointing out our product. We have not had time to update the website but the Gorgon has been completely re-sculpted along with most of our existing products. The new Gorgon has much bigger snakes, better paint and a water squirter that can shoot 15 to 20 feet.

Yes, it is not cheap but our products are targeted at the pro haunt that want to bring something different and cool to their show. The old Gorgon’s show price was $520. The new cost reflects a weeks time to build and the paint job alone costs more than 5 to 10 china/mex made cheapo masks. Also remember the price on the web is list and includes two batteries, charger, two wireless remotes, water squirter etc.

Not only do the snakes move, but when you push another button all of the snakes strike forward. The water spitter shoots from the same remote and holds enough water for hundreds of squirts.

I've been meaning to release our new formal warranty policy which is a “Life Time” support on labor, plus our standard one year “Parts/Labor”. The new “Life Time” support warranty covers all products sold to date. If anyone out there has a problem with a Monster-Tronics product just send it back (in off season). We can also provide a new type of skin, paint, etc… We stand behind out products and support our customers.

I have always received positive feedback from all of our animated costume buyers. I wear them myself to haunts for testing and just for fun. The reactions and comments from the patrons are always incredible and nothing at all like a static mask.

Here is a picture of the new Gorgon, and thanks for looking. Hope to see you all at Transworld, still busting balls trying to get ready. Working on what I believe is our coolest product to date. If you want shock and awe from a costume, this one will fill the bill.

There are in fact other products you carry I can afford, I was just a little shocked. What you say makes sense though, no doubts there. I've built my share of props & sometimes people don't understand the reason(s) the price(s) are the way they are. See you all at Transworld.

John
                          John Elks - Staff

Comment

Working...
                          X