Well this blows. Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this blows. Any ideas?

So I get a summons to appear for jury duty and two of the dates are March 24 & 26. TW time. Does anyone know if I can get out of this because I am already registered to attend TW and secondly, I already have hotel reservations through priceline. My other option is to suddenly develp turrets or go the 1st day wearing my SPFX clown mask.....
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

In most states you can usually call them ahead of time. Just let them know you have a conflict and they will issue you new dates. Good luck.
    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Yes, typically, there is a number you can call to request a change of date due to hardships, such as travel that is already booked. Just call or email them far enough in advance.

-=coasterbp

Comment

I recently got one

A form to fill out to be a prospective juror(I hope it's my insanity hearing!) and in Illiniois you CAN NOT escape jury duty because of your occupation. (but what if you are occupying a hospital bed?)
        I learned alot when I was on a jury:Never be from Chicago and be in Carroll Co. and get arrested for drunk driving!
        Myself and a retired vet were the only two jurors who said the man could not have been drunk, later I am told the arresting officer was on a personal vendetta arresting everyone for really stupid and flimsey reasons.
        Most of the rest of the jurors wanted to find him immeadiately guilty so they could go home sooner! Just like a bunch of kids who don't want to wash the dishes or mow the lawn.
        I couldn't believe it.
        We got him off , they still gave him some BS fines for other stuff.
        Some of them also wanted to find him guilty because they didn't like his lawyer!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Two Times

I have be called for Jury duty 2 times and did not show for either. I will not and do not want to sit on a Jury. They say if you don't appear you will be arrested I am yet to be arrested or have a warrent. I recieved mine in the mail well they said it was sent but I did not get it . If they wanted me bad enough they could have sent it certified or sent a messenger to hand deliver it. I am sure if you call them and tell them you can't get out of it they will at least put you on at a different time. Hell tell them you cant miss my party and you rather them be mad at you than me!!! Shane and its see you there Ron! Shane this time.
          sigpic

Comment

Let's hope they don't finally find you Shane, just before the Insane Shane Kick-off!!
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Notify the clerk of Court that you will be out of state at that time.

Comment

Thanks for your ideas. Yep, looks like I got all excited for nothing. I called them this AM and they have excused me from the 24th and 26th so looks like I will be at St Louis after all!
                www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Working...
                X