Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new prop controller! USB bootloader 31 IO I2C A2D PWM servos

hey guys,

theres a new haunt/prop controller in town!!

its called the techFX.

www.thesiliconhorizon.com

comes with easy to use software to create control sequences by GUI!!! (no programming!!)

easily configure the board's 31 IO by GUI windows software!!

switching power supply offers low heat dissipation while providing high amperage!!

some features:

31 IO total

I2C peripherals
    PWM lines
    analog inputs with pullups/downs
    switching power supply
    dual voltage so u can run 24 volts or 12 volts using 1 wall adapter for the controller!! (upto 1 amp on external line and upto 1 amp on 5 volt line)
    freee bootloader and software!!

freee and wonderful tech support!!

not only that but u can program it yourself if u dont like the GUI coontrol sequence software... you can use microchips free tools (MCC18 and MPLAB) and use our firmware framework to do that.

please come check it out at

i hope to make it to hauntcon this year!!!

our tech support is 150 % outstanding!! we provide programming support and all aspects of support in making your application succeed.

thanks and hope to be working with some of you on your next haunt project!!

-=walt=-

The Silicon Horizon Inc.

I'm hoping there will be some really good controller demonstrations taking place at TW. I'm trainable, but I'm a hands-on learner and I don't learn well from just reading about a product. Our Prop Master, Brad, is coming to the show this year and he's on a mission to learn about all the controller products. We want to make his life easier this year.

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Just wondering. I went to your website and I looked at your product. It looks great. Do you have any more information available, like a instruction manual, or some more info on what your board is capable of doing? I'm newer to controllers so I'm trying to find out what stuff each one can do.

The price is unbelieveable as well! Just under $70? That's a great deal if you ask me!

Thanks again.

-=BP

Comment

hmm missing out on TW

but we hope to be there at hauntcon

it is really easy to make sequences with it... really really easy.. no programming!!! (unless u want too.....)

we dont make much profit on it... (trying to find an equilibrium for the price right now..)

it is really a high quality and user serviceable product.... u can see that alone in that it uses a switching power supply!!! so if your sick of your prop controller getting toasty, this one wont!!!! (1 watt dissipation at max amp)

and this one means 1 wall adapter less as u can run the dual voltage on it...

you can find the product manual on the software tab of our main menu.
        then select "techFX tools 1.0b" from the left box
        then select "download pdf manual"

or here for the download but the above has some screenshots which u might enjoy

http://www.thesiliconhorizon.com/Controller.htm

and the link is on the left for the manual...

it is my task to rewrite the manual and add more pics to it, as it needs lots more work

it requires adobe acrobat reader which is free from www.adobe.com

also, if you would like to preview techFX tools, you can goto www.thesiliconhorizon.com/forum and goto the bundled software section and download the software. you will not be able to create sequences without a controller connected however, but it shows you the different screens and what not.

note that you need net framework 2.0 installed to run the software.

also you can buy our controllers on ebay!! we always have an auction going on... they are going for about 45-55 dollars online right now.

thanks
        prop controller, featuring 31 io and free software so u can program it with no code writing!! dual voltage feature also which means less power supplies.

Comment

forgot to mention some incentives for going with our controller...

FREEEE CONTROLLER REPAIR FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

FREEEE tech support!!

FREEEE bootloader and software!!

how can u go wrong with that?
          u blow it up, and we fix it. u pay for parts and shipping to and fro USPS priority mail rate.

but the controller is very user serviceable also. everything is socketed and readily available online.
          prop controller, featuring 31 io and free software so u can program it with no code writing!! dual voltage feature also which means less power supplies.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110089332536

current auction for a super low price.

also have our online store.

Comment

Im interested in buying a controller... can you hook up servos to it?

Comment

yes, if you are using techFX tools to do your sequences, then you can use 2 servos on IO16 and IO17 0.5-2.5 mS in 10 uSec increments.

if you are writing your own code, then u could use more pins as needed.

also you can expand it with a devantech SD21 servo controller (~30 bucks) which will then allow you to use techFX tools and use 22 servos total!!! thats using 1 techFX controller with 1 devantech I2C controller connnected also. (total cost is roughly 80 bucks or so).. not bad for controlling 22 servos and all the other IO also!!!

bear in mind you can hook upto 6 devantech I2C servo boards upto it, or mix and match i2C modules as necessary.

Comment

new auction up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1100939465411

Comment

heres a techFX controller with a devantech SD21 servo controller hooked upto the I2C port.

this setup can run the following:

-23 servos total
                    -6 I2C
                    -8 high current outputs
                    -17 IO
                    ----upto 2 PWM
                    ----upto 8 A2D lines
                    ----upto 17 digital inputs
                    ----upto 17 digital outputs

you cant go wrong with this board!!!!

and you can use techFX tools with it to make easy and quick sequences!!

goto www.thesiliconhorizon.com to check it out!!

heres the pics!!

Comment

the above setup costs are the following:::

-55 dollars for the techFX controller and free software!!
                      -40 dollars for the devantech SD21 servo controller (upto 21 servos!!)

------------

95 dollars total for one helluva animatronics setup! control large and complicated animatronic figures and props!!

Comment

From a boy born in the 40's, take it from me, seeing your stuff, all I can say is, "Robby The robot Lives!"
                        Having been married numerous times I could use a device around the house that only say:"Yes, Master!"
                        Music to my ears! hahahaha!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

hahahah there was a movie about that once

Comment

Working...
                          X