Finally did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally did it!

Hi everyone. After almost two years of "being on the outside looking in" the haunt industry, I'm finally taking the plunge! On February the 26th, I will be closing on a 8000 sq ft former funeral home that I will be opening up as a haunted attraction. I am so excited!!! The building needs some work, but I can't wait to get started. Once I get the repairs squared away, I can devote most of my efforts toward building the actual haunt. I'm going to need a lot of advice!! Below, are pictures taken from the front and side of the building. There was just too much snow on the day I took these, therefore, I did not walk around the whole building and get more pics. I will post more pictures of both the outside and the inside when I get the keys! A special thanks to Allen H for helping me post the pictures. Wish me luck! Pete.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/DSC04131.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/DSC04130.jpg
    Pete Follo

Congrats on the purchase and wish you the best of luck, it is a labor of love and pain but worth it all.
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats ^_^

Can't wait to see more, looks like a solid location.

Comment

And the former owner even threw in alot of realistic snow!
        It looks like a very substantial structure.
        Did they go out of business because the undertaker buried everyone he ever knew?
        That very thing happened here.
        Good Luck.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

May you never have a slow night
          May you always scare the piss out of them
          May you never have a lot of headaches as you begin the journey to create your vision
          May you always have enough Advil when you do
          May you always have plenty of great actors
          May you make a lot of money to pay for your vision
          May you never have a lot of technical problems that you can't fix.
          May you never have rain/snow interferences
          May you make through the first year with a smile on your face and thoughts ready for the next year.

And most of all may you always have them screaming for more!!!

Best of luck.
          ~WelchWitch

Comment

Congratulations!

Shane and its Good Luck! Shane this time!
            sigpic

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS, with that tall chimney in back do you have an actual crematorium on site?
              Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Nice, the building looks to be a good size. Are you going to go with a funeral home theme?
                Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

That is awesome! Good luck in your venture!!
                  Barry

Comment

Nice building! May actually may be haunted! You could have alot of fun with this. I would stay with the funeral home theme. I wouldnt do random themes and screw up what you already have 2 work with. Good luck and congats!
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Congrats! You found such a great location!
                      Katie Lane
                      Partner/VP
                      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Thanks for writing

Thanks everyone for your kind words and positive thoughts. I'll try to keep everbody posted on future developments, and will post more pics as soon as I can. I just can't wait to get the keys on Friday!! It's already keeping me up at night. The room designs and possibilities just keep coming over and over. When the alarm goes off at 6:30, I feel as if I haven't slept at all. The Doctor is right, this will be a labor of love!

I'll try to respond to some of your posts-

Jim Warfield, I'm so sick of snow realistic or unrealistic, it doesn't matter. The family that owned the funeral home has another location in a different town not far from here. The big corporation moved in and pretty much drove them out.

Welch Witch, Thanks so much for your kindness. May it all come true!

Shane, someday I'll come to your party! Keep me on the invite list!

Mike Bizub, I don't know if there is an actual crematorium on site. The lower level only had a few working light bulbs in the many rooms that are down there. There is however a pretty big fireplace. Hmmm....

Damon Carson, I'm going to sell it as really being haunted!! Who knows, I'm sure a lot of the folks who ended up there, didn't want to be. I am going with the funeral home theme. I just want to be respectful to the previous owners and to the families of the people who were processed here. Any thoughts?

Bruise Muse, Hi Katie, My wife and I met you at Hauntcon last year. We attended your make-up class.

Somethingintheice, Yes, I'm planning on keeping the funeral home theme. I just need to figure out all of the different room ideas. Any thoughts?

Barry, I'm planning on attending MHC this year.

and to HauntsforHealth thanks for writing.

That's it for now, I'll enjoy talking to you all soon. Pete.
                        Pete Follo

Comment

Hello Pete welcome to the local haunt community, I am not sure if you have heard about us or not but we are close bye. Good luck in your haunt we wish you the best of luck!

Jeff

Comment

that building is sweet.... ive been looking for somthing like that in columbus ohio area.... just hard to find somthing...good luck.....

Comment

Congratulations on an awesome building Pete! Finding a location, and a permanent one at that, is a huge step in the manifestation of your screams my friend!

Kel
                              sigpic
                              Kelly Allen
                              Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                              www.RaycliffManor.com
                              www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                              X