Things to hang in your path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to hang in your path?

I'm trying to get some ideas for things that can be hung from above, that people have to push through or touch to get through. What have you found works best? I have used plastic chain, ropes, foliage, pool noodles, bodies. I was looking for something new. The haunt is a 3-d haunt, and the scene I am trying to fill is Stewart Smith artwork all around you. We emptied the props from the scene so I am working with an empty room. So there are really no guidelines to follow as to what it can or can not be. Here is a pic below of one of the walls in the scene. Any idea's?
    Thanks,
    Justin

The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

bubbles...or foam! Better yet...the blacklight responsive foam!

Comment

Attach bun-gee cords to the ceiling and floor, that stretch from top to bottom, do them at angles and place them sporadically. If you paint them florescent then the people will miss when they reach out to move the one in front of them. Really fun room as actors can get a great scare while they are concentrating on navigating the bun-gees. To finish out the look use erosion cloth from the ceiling that has been sprayed in black-light's colors also, that help hide the origin point of the bun-gee
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Women's Underware

Thrift store cheap- lots of them. Be sure and rip some in half so people might begin to contemplate and imagine some dire scenario associated with these objects.
        Naw! I didn't hang them anywhere, I just threw them on the floor in a few places, making people wonder? ??
        My ceiling hangies are industrial waste rubber scraps that came from the factory dumpster many years ago. They are illregular various lengths some are sort of square with "knobs" every so often as the corner was turned on a die and the melting rubber leaked out, I think?
        Some of the large rubber gaskets made there were high-heat resistant and these scraps tested pretty much that way when I tried to torch them, testing them.
        Yes, I even considered making a haunt related business from this dumpster-diving at one time.

These black rubber strands comprised my "Nasil Passage" in the house.
        "Pick your way through carefully."
        Some haunted houses have secret passages, I have the Nasil Passage!
        "Women's underware on the floor? Where did that come from?"
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Oak Island makes some great latex heads to hang. And they can be a task to get through if you hang enouh of them. A claustraphobia wall works great, but may take away from your artwork.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Ghostride also does hanging heads, as do we.
            All kinds of severed body parts is interesting.
            I think tons of fishing line would be cool. Some types pickup black light so I wonder how that would look, but they also make black.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com
            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

hanging stuff

I don't know that it would apply to your specific scene but black thread scattered about just in single strips hanging down really weirds people out as they feel something brush across their face or hands as they move through a dark room.
              Grant Brott
              Haunted House Startup

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                Attach bun-gee cords to the ceiling and floor, that stretch from top to bottom, do them at angles and place them sporadically. If you paint them florescent then the people will miss when they reach out to move the one in front of them. Really fun room as actors can get a great scare while they are concentrating on navigating the bun-gees. To finish out the look use erosion cloth from the ceiling that has been sprayed in black-light's colors also, that help hide the origin point of the bun-gee
                Allen H
                I like the bun-gee cord idea, just curious, is that by any chance Day-Glo paint I've heard & read about so much?

John
                John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

John,
                  Most "day glo" paints are florescent under black light, but not all of them. It is far safer to buy "florescent" paints as they appear brighter in black light.
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                    John,
                    Most "day glo" paints are florescent under black light, but not all of them. It is far safer to buy "florescent" paints as they appear brighter in black light.
                    Allen H
                    Ahhhhh....thanks. I learn something new almost everyday.

John
                    John Elks - Staff

Comment

There is also Clear neon paint...that stuff is awesome...totally invisible during the day until blacklight is turned on and it is as bright as the painting in this thread..

Comment

John,
                        We use Dayglo brand paint (www.dayglo.com) for all our 3D attractions. The colors are incredibly vibrant and the paint is durable. We've used other brands which have faded over time, but Dayglo holds up.
                        Katie Lane
                        Partner/VP
                        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Originally posted by BruiseMuse View Post
                          John,
                          We use Dayglo brand paint (www.dayglo.com) for all our 3D attractions. The colors are incredibly vibrant and the paint is durable. We've used other brands which have faded over time, but Dayglo holds up.
                          Sounds good. I'll have to think on it a while longer, our clown room could REALLY use a facelift!

John
                          John Elks - Staff

Comment

John,

We also work exclusively with Dayglo for any flourescent or black light work we do. Dayglo is also one of the manufacturers of the invisible blue powder that only shows under black light.
                            Kevin R. Alvey
                            info at gore-galore.com
                            www.gore-galore.com
                            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Nasty Stuff

How about a XXXXXL pair of underwear with some brown-ish yellow-ish smears ??

A little Scent of poo from sinister scents.... put it around a corner from a scare so they see it as soon as they turn around VIOLA ! everyone gets poo faced !!
                              "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                              www.maliciousstudios.com
                              "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                              http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Working...
                              X