Camera....any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera....any ideas

I was thinking of taking instant pictures of patrons when they hit the Air Cannon...it always has a good reaction, and then selling the pictures like they do when you ride a roller coaster. I cannot figure out what kind of camera system to use....any idea who sells something like this.
    Greg Salyers
    Fear Entertainment

The cameras on coaster run off of a motion trigger... maybe the same setup can be applied to a camera for a haunt? Motion trigger for the camera and the air cannon. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Some company at maybe the last two Transworlds was selling them, I think?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim has it somewhat right, they were at TW last year.

They brought the equipment out for a price and set it up at your venue, you also has to buy a certain amount of pictures(wether you used them all or not) as part of the package.

Now im thinking about it the guy said he ships it to you and you set it up step by step. It was a little pricey but a cool idea. You had to pay for like 5000 pics up front.

Comment

Well I guess if I could sell 5000 pictures that would be a good thing....but that seems rediculously high considering the average haunt traffic
          Greg Salyers
          Fear Entertainment

Comment

A cheap way to go, is use a Digital Video Camera with
            (D.S.C. snapshot ) .two to three SD memory cards,
            a lap top and a printer.
            You can get a JVC digital video camera ,under $300.00
            I've got one' it works great.
            I think you can get software for t-shirts too.
            Ghoul Town

Comment

Campdoc, This set up sounds like the stuff at Transworld as I remember it and it wasn't last year.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I need someone sitting at the exit to be able to show and sell the pictures immediately (impulse buy)...question;

How would I trigger the camera (without a degree in electronics) to go off immediately...no focus, no wait for the flash, and then have it available at the exit? The rest is easy, flat screen monitor for the public viewing and a printer...

I think I can sell 1 picture for every 10-15 people that go through....it could be relatively profitable (assuming I don't have to spend a fortune in equipment)
                Greg Salyers
                Fear Entertainment

Comment

You'll need two people to work it, or have your exit wall behind
                  the prop ,with the camera,
                  Maybe a Digital Deer Cam with infrared emitters and a sd card.
                  or output cable would work.
                  I use an old type 35mm deer cam now for security.(out door haunt)
                  It works great.
                  Ghoul Town

Comment

Do you think if I connected the same PIR or infrared sensor that triggers my air cannon it would trigger the camera at the same time...meaning is there a delay, When my air cannon fires a bright light fires as well....I would want the camera to trigger in sync with the light.
                    Greg Salyers
                    Fear Entertainment

Comment

I know at the USS Nightmare they would take your pic infront of a large blue scree. When you left the haunt you could look at your pic with a super-imposed image on the blue screen. This would be either one of there scenes/rooms or their LARGE animatronic hovering over you. It was really cool! -Tyler
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

..or standing in a room full of hookers and whips and chains?
                        (and goats and twizzlers and naked aliens awaiting autopsy!)
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim....you scare me
                          Greg Salyers
                          Fear Entertainment

Comment

I like Jim's idea. I am sure that people would pay plenty to get the pictures. :lol:
                            Lords of Chaos, LLC
                            House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Imagine the endless blackmail possibilitys!
                              PIK_SURES DUNT LYE!
                              PAY Now! hahahaha!
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X