Looks like we won't be at Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we won't be at Transworld

Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to pass on Transworld. I'm not sure how many shows we'll make this year but I would love to make it to at LEAST one! I know TW should be it if we only hit one but I don't think it's doable right now. Because we can't make it, I'm going to offer a discount to anyone interested in a costume from us. PM me here and I'll let you know the price on the costume you're interested in.
    Hope you all have a great show!

Your suits are awesome and you will be missed.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

If you have the time and are interested...

www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Drop me a lIne, I'll send you and exihibitors form.

Ed
      Ed Roberts
      Founder
      The Nightmare Factory
      www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
      www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

All I can say is that is very sad for you and for your potential new buyers.
        You are missing the show of the year.

And for me, I won't get to swing by your booth and hang out for a bit seeing how things are going.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Tony, I'm gonna miss you buddy! I hope you can make it to MHC my friend!

Kel
          sigpic
          Kelly Allen
          Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
          www.RaycliffManor.com
          www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

From best new vendor of 2008 to this. Bad times for the industry.

Comment

You guys are not the only vendor not going this year. Two others that have attended for years that we purchase from have told me they will not be going either. Last year was not the best for most and Transworld is not the cheapest. Maybe this year things will be better. Good luck and we all hope to see you next time.
              Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Grimey,

Could you share the names of those 2 vendors not showing at Transworld?

Thanks,
                DA

Comment

Mark.

Sorry to hear that but I am sure your still going to move lots of costumes this year. Shane and its good luck man! Shane this time.
                  Last edited by graystone; 02-22-2010, 05:13 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. We had a great time last year but just a few months after my heart surgery then, I was looking forward to an even better trip this year. There is an extremely SMALL chance that we might still be able to pull it off but really doubt it.
                    Kel, this is not Tony lol

Take care all. Either way, I hope you all have a really GREAT show!

Comment

Oops!

Oops! Sorry about that.

Kel
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Darkangel I sent you a PM
                        Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Since we won't be at TW, what show do you guys think we should hit in place of?? Just one...

Comment

It's hard to say... I'd say MHC... BUT... If you can't make it to TW, the BIGGEST order writing show in the industry (from a vendors stand point)... then I have to wonder if it'd be wise attending any other show as it's highly possible to be a loss?

Still though, it's sad you won't be at TW... but if you MUST go to a show, I'd like to see you guys at MHC. Just a thought. -Tyler
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

There is NO other show to replace this show with... not going is a wrong turn, a u turn, hitting the brick wall move. There is only so much money in this industry, so many dollars out there to spend, and there are THREE spending frames for haunt owners...

1) WINTER: Many of your biggest haunts who do this for a living year around plan and rebuild their haunt in the winter and many times they buy things at discounts or whatever. If you didn't get this business its OVER! Take us for example we've already rebuilt one of our two attractions we are DONE spending. We won't spend ANOTHER dime this year on The Darkness. Some orders could be placed at IAAPA but mostly from buyers who know the vendors or a vendor who advertises a sale.

Estimate Spending: 15% of yearly spending

2) TRANSWORLD SHOW: Every vendor brings out the big guns showcase everything they have many haunts BUY HERE because they wait until this show to renovate, see whats out there, recharge the batteries, find inspiration or whatever. Haunts bring check books, cash well mostly cash (LOL) and credit cards and write orders. There is XYZ amount being brought to the table I would estimate over 10 million dollars is being bought and sold at this show if not more. Probably more. For many haunts once this show is over they are done.

Estimate Spending: 40% of year spending

3) LATE SUMMER: For many haunts they have no idea if they are going to have a location or not. They find out in the summer. For many haunters who dont' have a lot of money laying around they lay in wait and SPRING their credit cards into action late enough that they can charge charge charge their cards up and won't get bills until they OPEN! Many orders start pouring in mid to late summer and many charity or smaller haunts place big orders even into September because they open mid October.

These orders are not connected with any show but people place orders based on ads they've seen, shows they've been to or websites they've checked out whatever.

Estimate Spending: 40% of year spending.

So you miss Transworld you miss the boat! There is no other way to candy coat it... all the other shows are GREAT and are great ways to fill the voids but if your a vendor and your bread and butter is this you miss this show well... I can only say AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X