First let me say thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First let me say thank you

I've been trying to get on this site for quite some time now and drfrightner helped me out today...thanks.

Also, let me say how impressed I am that everyone is so helpful on this site...I actually quite amazed.

Having said that...I have plenty of questions...I'll try not to take advantage.

I am looking to build a peppers ghost...any ideas how much a 6'x8' piece of plexiglass is going to set me back?
    Greg Salyers
    Fear Entertainment

6'x8' im not positive but a 4x8 foot sheet of 1/4 lexan runs 90 bucks at the Depot.

Comment

Probably a couple hundred give or take. I love the Pepper's ghost illusion and usually do a couple of them every year. I have used 6'x8' plexi in the past but I have used regular glass the last couple of years because I needed 8'x8' sheets. Not fun moving and storing heavy glass but it makes a great effect.
      Plexi makes a good effect too. Just make sure you support it so it is straight, otherwise your ghost will be distorted.
      Jim H
      Jim H
      Dark Raven Designs
      http://www.darkravendesigns.net

Comment

Or you may also stretch a piece of clear plasitc sheeting over a frame and do the same thing as seen in Popular Mechainics? magazine.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

salvage yards,buy some old sliding glass doors,they also have tempered glass.ive found huges ones before but i chose to have 2 small peppers ghosts instead of 1 large.the glass is like 8 ft by 4 ft on the ones we use

Comment

are you guys setting up your ghosts vertically or horizontally?

Comment

Vertically probably would be the most used position simply because it gives an opportunity to create a life-sized image with it's feet on the floor, possibly able to come and "GETCHA!"
              It would also depend upon what and how much space you have to work with. If verticle is already filled up, maybe a horizontal space above the average line of sight would work? Like a G h o s t!!! flying passed near the ceiling?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X