Shutter Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutter Island

I went to see this and its NOT a HORROR movie as it seems to be portrayed in the commercials in fact its not really even scary at any point during the movie. This movie is more like a twist and turn thriller sorta like ummm Sixth Sense but not as good. I would say it was a good movie but the ending was kinda not what you expect leaving you totally like HUH.

Good movie yes, worth seeing at the theater ummm nah, nothing you have to see for sure in the theater. Wait until DVD and save the $9 or 10 bucks.

PSSST... if you do go see it buy a ticket to wolfman but see Shutter Island. I've done this now three times already I took my son to see Percy Jackson Lightning Theif and bought Wolfman but didn't see it.

I'm trying to help Wolfman make some jack... it needs it if we are ever to see another one. LOL

FYI... that Percy Jackson movie was kind of cool I liked it. Some pretty cool monsters, and sets as well. Worth a look!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

what larry ment to say, in regards to "seeing another wolfman" movie being made is; seeing more werewolf movies in general not just universal monster remakes. oh that reminds me!

hey larry, how is that wolf movie of yours going? that's why he buys tickets to the wolfman.

anywho shutter island has great sets, props, costumes, and haunt ideas if you let your mind go. the ending was easy to call but still it was a good one to see.

go see a movie that is a little more original then a universal monster remake.

Comment

the guy at blockbuster video told me that.......

shutter island is a remake. the original came out in 1970. I can't find anything on it anywhere. I looked at deep discount.com and they don't have it..... let me know if you hear anything about the original.....

Comment

Originally posted by chuck weber View Post
        shutter island is a remake. the original came out in 1970. I can't find anything on it anywhere. I looked at deep discount.com and they don't have it..... let me know if you hear anything about the original.....
        That guy has no idea what he's talking about. It's based on a book written in 2003.

Comment

Shutter Island was disappointing. I may have liked it if it had been marketed as what it is as opposed to a horror flick....:?
          Come see what lies BENEATH!
          www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

thanks for the truth

I thought the guy at blockbuster was full of shit anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jason View Post
              what larry ment to say, in regards to "seeing another wolfman" movie being made is; seeing more werewolf movies in general not just universal monster remakes. oh that reminds me!

hey larry, how is that wolf movie of yours going? that's why he buys tickets to the wolfman.

anywho shutter island has great sets, props, costumes, and haunt ideas if you let your mind go. the ending was easy to call but still it was a good one to see.

go see a movie that is a little more original then a universal monster remake.
              I agree. Great movie, mind-blowing twists (every 15 minutes, it seemed like), and like you said, some amazing haunt inspiration to be found if you use your imagination.

Comment

Working...
              X