The Wolfman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wolfman

Del Toro will play the role made famous by Lon Chaney Jr. 'The Wolfman'. Universal Studios has hired a director and the camera will roll soon on a period piece/remake of The Wolfman.

I though Creature From the Black Lagoon will get the nod first but no...The Wolfman.

From what I read there WILL BE NO CGI... that is heaven sent for any real classic horror movie fan.

I think The Mummy and Van Helsing (although fun) are NOT scary because they have way too much CGI.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Larry-
    I too, heard the news about the upcoming Benecio Del Toro "Wolfman" film and am looking forward to it. (Hopefully, the character will fare far better than it did in the ill-conceived "Van Helsing".)

As for the "Creature from the Black Lagoon", it seems to be doomed to what is referred to in Hollywood as "development Hell", with plenty of ideas and concepts being tossed around, but nothing showing any signs of coming to fruition any time soon. There have been stories of a "Creature" remake going on for at LEAST 15 years now, with directors like John Carpenter and even the late Jack Arnold, director of the original film. (Interestingly, the IMDB has an entry for a "Creature" remake by Universal tenatively scheduled for 2008 release. Again, we'll have to wait and see on this one...)
    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Comment

So has Hollywood movie-making gotten so cheap that Del Toro got the nod because he is a naturally very hairy guy?
      When he had that short part as a hairy street-person accused of a crime, maybe this sort of served as an audition?
      I just keep auditioning here in my house all the time.......
      at least that's how I look at it.
      (You never really know "Who" is in your audience til later)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I guess that I am looking forward to this. I am a huge fan of the original movie, but so rarely does a remake live up to the original. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Dave
        Lords of Chaos, LLC
        House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

As a fan of all the Classic Universal Monster movies, I can't wait. Del Toro? I like him, but I don't know about this role. Takes place in Mexico? El Hombre del Lobo?

Timmy
          Hauntus Emeritus
          Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
          Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Working...
          X