A Solution to a Trade Show Problem - Debuting at TransWorld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Solution to a Trade Show Problem - Debuting at TransWorld

For those of us that are Christians, when "convention season" rolls around, we aren't able to go to church as much as we would like since most trade shows last until Sunday. Therefore, I am proposing to solve this issue by offering a casual non-denominational Christian church service on Sunday morning at TransWorld 2010 before the show floor opens. It will be held in one of the meeting rooms at the convention center. Starting at 8:45am and ending at 9:15am, it only lasts 30 minutes and if you are a vendor, it will be over with enough time to get back to your booth before the show starts for the day (9:30am). This is open to anyone and everyone who wishes to attend. It will be casual and nothing formal. I am offering this opportunity for those that would like to attend some sort of church service while at a convention, such as TransWorld.
    Please let me know if you are interested, so that I may choose the proper size room based on expected attendance.

Thanks!

P.S. If you would like to help out with this, send me a PM. Thanks!
    sigpic

Lauren

I think this is a great idea! Shane and its I will be there! Shane this time!
    sigpic

Comment

Can we come in costume? I know someones gonna want to come as a devil. LOL!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

I don't think anyone here is that low class.

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
        Can we come in costume? I know someones gonna want to come as a devil. LOL!
        Damon

Comment

hey!

Count me in. It will probably just be myself.
          "Good things come to those who wait but, only things left by those who hustle"
          "What's the matter? Never seen a pig before?" - Barnibus Rhindes

Comment

I will be attending! Will communion be offered as well?

Russell

Comment

I'll be there.

As far as dress...come however you want. And...if you feel you must come as the devil...I'm sure nobody would say anything. This is a service for haunters by haunters. We understand costumes and black tshirts and make-up and what not. Probably just best if you wear SOMETHING!

And yes, there will be communion.
              Kip Polley
              www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
              We Engineer Fear

Comment

We'll be leaving before Sunday but props to you for doing this!
                Come see what lies BENEATH!
                www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

Just a friendly bump for anyone who missed this...
                  Kip Polley
                  www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                  We Engineer Fear

Comment

So glad to hear your not seperating church from haunt. Or whatever you want to call it. Personally I wouldnt dress as a devil. Im not into devils all that much. But I would probably dress up. Sorry Spookywoods. If Im there Im going as something evil. Its all in good fun.
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Yes "Mr. "D"!

Why change your normal look and attire?
                      I hear the "Little Bo-Peep" look is coming back soon, Go for it!
                      I know, "Too Scary"!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This is a cool idea, I was very surprised that this past week we had our PA seminiar to renew our license and they had a great pastor there as a speak and he even said a prayer at the end. A bit refreshing that church and state are still OK in PA and will be welcomed in St Louis.

Comment

Jim I will wear the sexy little bo peep. If you wear the sexy little red riding hood. lol!
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

You guys remember that "drunk" comment, made to the media, by one of the guys from ScareFactory, I believe it was. How could you forget? Allot of people made their opinion known on that subject and it wasn't positive. Imagine the media setting up at TW and hearing about the Sunday morning church service. It would shine a nice light on the haunt industry.... Until Satan walks in. With everything the "associations" are doing to shed a new and different light on Haunted Attractions, that would be a big PR step backwards. Really not a great representation of who we are as a whole. How is it "in good fun" for you to dress as "something evil" for a Sunday morning church service? It's pointless. I don't see anything fun or funny about it. It's one thing for those that dress up each year for the show or to have to be in costume to represent a product with no time get ready AND make it to the service, by all means come in costume. But, to dress as "something evil" for the sole purpose of wearing it to a church service? Haunter or not I guess I just don't get the joke?? Tell me the funny part so I can get a laugh as well. No need to say "sorry" to me damon, if you feel that you need to do it, go for it..
                            Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                            Sorry Spookywoods. If Im there Im going as something evil. Its all in good fun.
                            Damon

Comment

How bout I wear one of your alls costumes. Anyone seeing a mummy or half rotten skeleton could say or would say its evil. You dont have to dress as Satan to be labeled that.! Nah really Im not sorry about anything. I have done haunted houses for years and never used anything Satanic much less gory. I personally dont like it in my haunts. But you let one holy roller even get near the place or hear of it open and oh its the Devil. And Halloween is evil. All Im saying if they have the church service it really shouldnt be at Transworld. And if they do then you should be able to wear whatever you want as if you were attending the show. I really dont think the people putting this on would frown on it. And dont really think cameras and the media will be brought into this. Unless you bring them! And if they do have me in one of your costumes that way you get some free advertising since you wont make it to the biggest show of the year.
                              I would say that guy from Scarefactory wasnt well versed and shouldnt have been talking to the media point blank. He was probably just speaking the truth and didnt even think twice about he said. He paid the price. Dont even compare this to that.
                              Thanks,
                              Damon
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X