A Solution to a Trade Show Problem - Debuting at TransWorld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameras Don't miss quote

But the editing can sure make anyone look like an idiot.
    Not that this was the case in the aforementioned situation, but just be warned they need something "interesting" or contoverial to get an audience. No audience? Then they have just wasted their time.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

For us, it's Palm Sunday, already a sacred day.

Matt and Ann Marich
      Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

If you feel the need to dress as something evil for a church service just for the sake of doing it or just think it's a really funny thing to do, go for it. I hope you have fun doing it and like Kip said, we are all haunters so I'm sure everyone that attends will just laugh their a$$es off at how funny it is. I think it's super cool. Should be great.

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
        How bout I wear one of your alls costumes. Anyone seeing a mummy or half rotten skeleton could say or would say its evil. You dont have to dress as Satan to be labeled that.! Nah really Im not sorry about anything. I have done haunted houses for years and never used anything Satanic much less gory. I personally dont like it in my haunts. But you let one holy roller even get near the place or hear of it open and oh its the Devil. And Halloween is evil. All Im saying if they have the church service it really shouldnt be at Transworld. And if they do then you should be able to wear whatever you want as if you were attending the show. I really dont think the people putting this on would frown on it. And dont really think cameras and the media will be brought into this. Unless you bring them! And if they do have me in one of your costumes that way you get some free advertising since you wont make it to the biggest show of the year.
        I would say that guy from Scarefactory wasnt well versed and shouldnt have been talking to the media point blank. He was probably just speaking the truth and didnt even think twice about he said. He paid the price. Dont even compare this to that.
        Thanks,
        Damon

Comment

So your saying its okay to wear one of your costumes.? LOL! This thread has really gone far enough dont you think?!
          Thanks,
          Damon
          Last edited by damon carson; 03-04-2010, 09:28 PM.
          Damon Carson

Comment

What the hell!!!! Am i reading this in a drunken haze?? I admire what you want to do Fear... but are you trying to make yourself feel better about your past or what!!! Just because you may not make it to church does not make you a bad person!!! its about every day of your life doing and living the right thing that make a difference..

Just some random dude

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

P.S Its OK to spend one weekend away and live your dark side.

Comment

Seriously, lol, you're as bad as Larry. Go back and read what I said and tell me where I mentioned our costumes. Or did you miss the sarcasm?
              It's that particular mentality that gives this industry the bad rep that the 'associations' are striving so hard to change.
              Like I said, wear what you want, what you do has absolutely no effect on me as an individual. If they're letting a younger crowd in this year I'm sure you'll be the hero.
              Again, if you must dress for the show, by all means, do it. I'm just looking for ONE solid reason why you would dress out simply to go to a church service? Anyone?

Jason, I think it's a good idea. For certain people, not all. But I see your point.

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
              So your saying its okay to wear one of your costumes.? LOL! This thread has really gone far enough dont you think?!
              Thanks,
              Damon

On second thought, you're right, it has gone far enough. I'm done. Have fun. Post pictures.

Comment

Jason,
                I am doing this because I realized I have the resources and I was aware that some people wanted this. Clearly, some people do and I'm just putting it all together. I don't always make it to church - sometimes my schedule demands me to be elsewhere, but since I live in St. Louis, I figured I could offer this easily.
                I hope that clears it up a bit. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
                -Lauren
                Last edited by Fear Unfathomed; 03-09-2010, 01:49 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

In case anyone missed this the first time around... just fyi.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow!

It seems as if we've missed the point to this thread guys! Fear, what is the info on this service?

P.S. Good Job for putting this on.

~Matt~
                    "Good things come to those who wait but, only things left by those who hustle"
                    "What's the matter? Never seen a pig before?" - Barnibus Rhindes

Comment

Hey!
                      Well the service is going to be short and to the point - only lasting 30 minutes (8:45 - 9:15am). It's non-denominational, completely casual. There will be a message, communion, and a couple songs. I'll get location details today or tomorrow.
                      Thanks for the support!
                      sigpic

Comment

Unless anything changes, the church service will be held in room 101 at the Ren Grand on Sunday morning.
                        See you there!
                        Lauren
                        sigpic

Comment

ok

Awesome I can't wait!
                          "Good things come to those who wait but, only things left by those who hustle"
                          "What's the matter? Never seen a pig before?" - Barnibus Rhindes

Comment

Just reminding anyone who wishes to attend that the church service is in the CONVENTION CENTER (not the Ren Grand as I posted earlier) and it is in one of the SEMINAR ROOMS. Signs will be posted.
                            Thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X