location question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• location question

i might have the chance to purchase a old funeral parlor that was built in 1900 its creepy.... but my question is.... its about a half a mile from a good haunted attraction thats been in business for over 10 years and gets around 30,000 visitors a year if not more.... is that stepping on toes.. being that close?

ha, it might irritate the other haunt, but it is likely to be a good thing for your business. Just make sure you put on a good production, because you don't want to be that "bad haunt down the street" from the big guys.
    -------------------------------
    http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

freindly competition

this could be good for both business but you don't want to be the bad haunt down the road you might even arrange to meet with the other haunt owners to discuss the possibilities you could even play it up like you are really at war with them to build publicity any publicity is good. Like in philly you want steak sandwich you go to geno's or pat's right across the street heck i can eat I'll have one of each
      i like haunts I'll go to both so maybe they need a different recipe that much more reason to get in cahoots with the other owner and plan different themes
      hope this helps

Comment

I would talk to them and let them know you mean them no harm.

There's a haunter in our area that feels like everyone is against him, but in actuality everyone just wants to play nice and mind their own business.

Just let them know your intentions. You could end up liking each other and maybe even cross promote!
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

You don't have to ask anyones permission to do business someplace. You think Walmart asked kmart if it was ok to build next door. If you have this type of opportunity go for it. Speak to these people yes but as a haunter that is just as good as they are. Work together in advertising as much as possible. Besides they are bringing in that many folks it can only help you also. And when you advertise you are actually advertising for them also. People will go to both.

Comment

I agree with what has already been said. It would be best to contact them and sit down with them. It can only help you in the long run and you really have nothing to lose by meeting with them, well other then a few hours, but you may have a ton to gain. I am in the planning stages of my haunt and have contacted most the haunts in my area and so far all have been open to me and have explained many useful things to me. Like I said it definaty can not hurt.

Comment

ditto

You will have the equivalent to pre-qualified buyers in the market for a huant already drawn to your area. You will create synergy for each other through marketing whether you plan to or not.

Not that everyone doesn't but I'd a hook into your haunt that will differentiate it from your neighbor, something novel, a brand identity that you can market with, if not you'll become 'scoop of vanilla and scoop of chocolate' to the market.

Comment

Working...
              X