TW Seminar Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Seminar Question

Can anyone tell me if the following seminar is on animatronics for the queue line or if it's for animations as in video?

Queue Line Entertainment
    Nightmare on 13th Mike Henrie and Michael Klint
    Learn how to create Queue Line entertainment with animations.

I want to make sure we have the right people attending the correct seminars. Thanks!

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Kel, my guess is they will be teaching how to use animations in your queue line. I have been to their event and they put on an amazing show in their queue line with an animatronic show. This is a major show with ALOT of programming and special effects. That should be a great seminar!

Take care.

Tattoo
    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

I agree, those of us who saw Nightmare on 13th show at Hauntcon were blown away by the amazing automated show they put on for guests waiting to enter the haunt. Basically lots of automated characters talking and interacting with lighting cues, powerful audio, air cannons, video projection etc. An approach you don't see very often, thats for sure.

Thanks!

Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Thanks Tattoo and Ben! That's exactly what I was hoping it was! We'll have Brad, our Prop Master, attend this one! I really appreciate the help guys!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Are ANY of the seminars video taped/ and/or for sale? I cant make it to any of the seminars, but they sound like a lot of fun.

Comment

Tapes can get copied alot.
            Seminar tapes , I believe , have recently sometimes just become available.
            Even if you sell a tape for $50.oo once it's out there and gets copied over and over, you as the person with that information just lost potential income. Time to begin again.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

As for the animatronics

I am a new haunter trying to compete against Nightmare on 13th in their market. They were competed against Rocky Point Haunted House until they closed this year. These guys have sunk bucks into that que line. It is a great show. Pay attention to the seminar......One thing though.....Rocky Points que line was basically in a big cemetary and had zombies getting the scares the whole time.....worked great and they had higher attendance (55,000 to 60,000) Nightmare's que line had the animatronics which repeats itself 3 to 4 times during your wait on a weekday night. It gets old. Although it was a great thing I saw most people just talking and playing with their cell phones the whole time. It may cost thousands but can at times give the people a sense of being in "It's a small world" ride at Disneyland. Don't hesitate to look at this method but don't forget that it may not be what your clientele are hoping for.

We Enter!!!

We are hoping to come into this market for those that don't want pricy robots for a good scare.

Ryan
              "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
              - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

compete against Nightmare on 13th in their market
                . You will get alot further in your haunt if you think of Nightmare as a resource and not competition. I did the same thing when I first started. Im close to Terror on the Fox (one of the biggest and best haunts around) and after my first year I realized (with the help of tattoo) they are not my compitition. People tend to go to more then one haunt a year. Use them as a resource to help better your haunt. I've learned the majority of what I know so far from talking to tattoo and the rest of the TOTF gang.

Sean
                Sean De Wane
                ----------------------------------------------
                The De Wane Asylum
                www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Words of wisdom there Sean! :wink:

Kel
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com