Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pa Dept. of Agriculture Ride Safety Seminar

Hi, Everybody,

It was great seeing haunters from all over who participated in the Haunt Safety Seminar in Grantville, Pa. this past week. Is it me or did anybody else feel that something was missing from the training? I know it was our responsibility to review all of the rules and regulations in order to take the test but there were a few questions I did not recognize from the study materials.

Steve.....
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

That happened to the class two years ago. Thank goodness I had read them and knew enough to pass the test the first time. The training has not changed in the two different years I have been there. From talking to them afterward, it seems that the reason they don't do much on the regulations is that it's up to our local officals so they don't go over them in class.

They certainly drove home the fire safety!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I didn't think we did a lot of networking as we could have.

Comment

Networking

Hey there, Spooky,

I network where ever I go. In spite of the local officials calling the final shots, they still have a responsibility to make us familiar (at the very least) with the rules and regulations, especially since they are always subject to interpretation. Some local officails, such as the ones in my area, tend to combine various codes and rules in order to suit their prejudice against haunts. I was up at the first table on the right side of the room. Ricky and Dawn from Castle Blood were at my table for some of the sessions.

Always network. You never know who you might meet. Sometimes you'll be able to help someone with a few simple ideas and maybe they can help you in return. This was my 3-year renewal seminar. The first one appeared to have a little more detail but, then again, I'm very new to this business. All of it seemed detailed to me at that time.

Steve.....
      UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Working...
      X