No announcement yet.

HauntCostumes.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kev, you trying to hijack my thread here?

The woodland costume looks awesome!

The Rock Monster, I mean Rock Golem looks familiar!...hehehe...I don't know if you know it or not, but the ORIGINAL Rock Monster was a costume I did for a haunt we built in Kansas City...it blended in with a special rock wall panel that it was designed to interlock with...a year or so later I did the animatronic Rock Monster that everyone knows for Creative Visions.
    Dan Faupel
    www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
    www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

Consider it hijacked
      Are you kidding me?
      That thing is huge. I wonder how on earth that could be a costume unless it used a track or cable support system like what we have been doing.
      That is just what we were thinking about with this beast.
      Reminds me of the creature from the Labyrinth that when the door closes it leaps off the door.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kevin that is just incredible, one of the coolest (if not the coolest) costumes I have ever seen. And Dan, love yours too as Ive already told you..cant wait to see the finished product.

-Nate
        Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
        [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Both look great! nice work guys!

Now play nice..,
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Play nice?...we don't know how to play nice at HauntCostumes...that's it Kev, its on now!...Cornstalker says he'll meet your Rock Monster costume at dusk behind the convention center...goin down beeyotch!!! hehehe

Btw...the KC Rock Monster costume I mentioned earlier was about 8' tall...the animatronic is about 12'. You're right Kev, any bigger and it would have required some outside support.
            Dan Faupel
            www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

I dont have a cornfield maze, but I am wish I did now. I can see how awesome that is going to be. I can picture using this costume several times in the maze for the same people and it would work just as good each time. Maybe create a whole line of basically the same costume, but different faces? I cant wait to see this thing finished. How much Dan?
              The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

Costumes costumes costumes...

Couple thoughts here...

I would love to buy more costumes but ONLY ONES THAT ARE PRACTICAL!

Some are too big and too heavy no actor will wear them.

Some are too HOT and no actor will wear them.

Some are just too complicated and not practical for everyday every night every hour by hour use so they sit and rot.

Give me costumes that an actor can just jump in that doesn't hurt their heads or necks that aren't so hot you can't wear them, that are simple but very awesome looking.

I want zombies, I want monsters, I want generic things like mummies that could be used in several different ways. I don't want stilts can't use inside and not safe.

Work on this type of costume and you will sell many and more and lots more.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Amazingly original! can't believe no one thought of it before. GREAT WORK!!!

...Larry has a point. We are looking at spending most of our budget on costumes this year. Generic, well put together and great LOOKING costumes is what we are after. Inexpensive too? TOO MUCH TO ASK?
                  O'Shawn McClendon
                  Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

When making costumes you MUST GO GENERIC because most haunted houses have the same things mansion sets, or some sort of dungeon slash egytian or whatever. Doing the costume Dan is making is cool but who can use that... a corn maze? How many of us have a corn maze?

I love the costume looks great, and it might be something I can use I'll wait to see how it turns out. But I'm not looking for costumes that are giant, have stilts, hard to move on, overly hot, blah, blah... WILL NOT BUY!

Give me zombies they can be used in multiple ways, give me monsters, give me something that is practical.

Lastly, I wanted to mention there will be a new costume company on the scene as well... Precict 13 Robert Kurtsman.

I think there stuff might hit the mark we'll see!

I can't wait to see Dans stuff and everyone else ... JUST DONT BE MAKING big heavy over the top, heavy, hard to wear, super hot costumes... WONT BUY because my actors HATE THEM!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I dont understand the relevance in posting that you WILL NOT BUY!!! you do realise that there are more people at the trade show than you right? I dont mean to be a jerk but why are you trying so hard to discourage someone from adding to the industry. Quietly dont buy, no need to shout it from the roof tops.
                      For every person out there who WILL NOT BUY! there may be one or two who see something specific "not generic" and think its perfect for their show. This is a majorly hijacked thread in my opinion.
                      As far as Precint 13 goes they are really selling time it looks like as opposed to costumes. It looks like the same kind of thrift store finds that any owner can look for/buy/ then "zombie up". Anyone on this board can make costumes that look identical to those. So what they are selling is the time it takes to do it.
                      Dan, and Kevin make costumes and creatures that are outside of the normal skill set of an Average haunter. Therefore they are necessary if folks in the industry do not want to "have all the same stuff". If you cant keep actors in big costumes then dont buy them.....or work with your actors. My park has 8 stiltwalkers each night, all stay in costume and work all night.
                      Everyone has flaws and strengths, your shows strength is the highly detailed sets and the animatronics that are super thick throughout it. Your actors seem to be a weakness spend more time on them and train and tell them what you want and need from them. I Know you have a few stand outs (because of their own efforts) but if you cultivate a crew you will have an awesome show on all levels. Haunts are made on the imagery they generate in the patrons mind and actors in good specific costumes are good imagery.
                      To Dan and Kevin,
                      Great looking costumes and keep making them, your skill set is valued in the industry to keep haunts looking at the top level of the industry. Without companies like yours (spookywoods, horror dome ect.) then all haunts would be generic unless the owners learned the skills themselves.
                      Thank you and keep doing what you are doing!
                      And Dan sorry your getting chewed on on your thread.
                      Allen Hopps
                      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Very well said Allen.
                        http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Thanks for the words of wisdom Allen!!!
                          Dan Faupel
                          www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

I agree with you allen !!!!! 100%

Comment

I am going to be honest, when I saw the corn in the actualy sculpt of the head I giggled a little. It looks awesome man!

Comment

I love what you guys are doing. Continuing to press the boundries of costume design and raising the bar. It wakes my butt up for sure to come up with more detailed work that our haunt can really apply to the sets and areas.
                                Our haunt owner is always looking for stuff like this. Competition is fierce for that dollar and this is stuff that will set you apart from the other haunt.
                                These designs make it cool to go into the corn walks and woods walks. Also, I know plenty of hard working dedicated haunters that would put the sweat into wearing that just for the scare.

Awesome work guys! Keep the updates coming
                                StackerSteve
                                LoT 27
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

Working...
                                X