Separating Large Outdoor Areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separating Large Outdoor Areas

We are running a large outdoor / indoor haunt and want to separate the outdoor areas into various themes.

What do you use that in inexpensive to separate large outdoor spaces into various smaller sections?

Something relatively cheap, easy to install and passes any fire codes for such material.

Thanks for the ideas!

Orange plastic construction fence.? Anyone? Anyone? Your wanting to use it outside the haunt area right and seperate the events to guide the customers. Orange plastic construction fence. Yes that is my final answer Regis.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
      Orange plastic construction fence.? Anyone? Anyone? Your wanting to use it outside the haunt area right and seperate the events to guide the customers. Orange plastic construction fence. Yes that is my final answer Regis.
      Damon
      Actually need two things... walls I guess to disguise line of sight and direct customers through each area... and fencing / etc, for the lines.

The orange construction fence is cheap for that, but what has everyone used for poles? Little worried about using the standard metal ones with the sorta sharp tops.

Thanks

Comment

Because it is outside, would the large sheets of black plastic be ok. I would assume it would be, I mean you sure dont need a sprinkler system.
        www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I've seen rebarb used. You can always put something on the end. Pvc or fence posts could be used as well.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

I make all my out door trails with metal t-post and 6'' wire fence. Then I insert corn stalks into the fencing that gives it a great effect. it is also a great area for the chain saw guy and the gullie guy. You can use chain link fencing but you will have to zip-tie stalks to fence.
            Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

You Can Hide Alot Behind...

Bright spot lights on a dark venue.
              Makes ample hiding behind the bright beam.
              If your land has hills, valleys, tree lines such things could be also utilized to a better advantage using just the darkness and the line of vision differences.
              Then there is always the "growing season", preceded by "Planting Season", if you want that to happen....
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey there pvc pipe makes good poles I use cut metal conduit pipe or rebarb driven into the ground. make sure the stakes are atleast high enough so no one can fall onto them.
                The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

Almost every time

I dig a hole in my yard I hit car parts and half the yard used to be a gravel driveway so sometimes those mysterious things under the ground might dictate where or if we pound old pipe, conduit or rebar into the earth. Be watchfull of buried wires carrying current too, and gas lines. In Ill. you are supposed to call J.U.L.I.E. which serves notice to all the utility co.s and you dig or pound after they all show up and spray paint the ground showing where things might be buried, THEN if you puncture something THEY have to pay for it if they marked it wrong.
                  Sever an optic phone line for long distance and you will be charged a tremendous fee!
                  One big industry sued somebody for the loss of an afternoon's phone orders , it was only a couple of hundred thousand $$.
                  Can you dig it? (just alittle "Hep-Talk")
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Corn!

If you have a large outdoor area... (not sure of the specs)... plant corn between those areas. it has worked well for us in the past. You can probably find a local farmer who has a 2 row planter... plant it thick.. and you can have a 6-10' wall of corn. just a thought

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Zombified View Post
                      If you have a large outdoor area... (not sure of the specs)... plant corn between those areas. it has worked well for us in the past. You can probably find a local farmer who has a 2 row planter... plant it thick.. and you can have a 6-10' wall of corn. just a thought

Patrick
                      Ok,

Some more details about the property. It is a public park. So nice part it is has large tall tress. Bad part is we can't really plant or install anything permanent.

We want to have several themed areas that are backed to back on top of each other. Still not sure how to separate.

A line of corn stalks along a fence wouldn't be bad. Also don't hate the idea of plastic sheeting, but even though its outside I still wouldn't want anything that is too flammable.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

Check craigs list for used 6' fence panels, they are free all over the place. They will already be weathered and the you drive t posts and zip tie them to the t posts.
                        Or park a conex container or semi trailer. Its a 40' to 70' wall you can decorate how you like and the bonus is you can store things in it!
                        I have used conex containers as actor dressing rooms to good effect and it also created a great shielding wall.
                        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                        X