Charitable giving by haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charitable giving by haunts

I am gathering info about the charitable giving of haunted attractions. If you would please share how much or what you have raised and for which charities. This is open to professional and yard haunts. Last haunt we did a haunt raised 7500$ for Young Life. Rocky Point gave me the figure of 1/ 2 million over 15 years for Boys and Girls clubs, American Diabetes Association, The Muscular Dystrophy Association and the Utah Special Olympics. Thanks in advance for sharing this info. Mike
    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

You know, I'm not exactly sure of what the $ amount would be (I can find out), but the last several years we've collected canned goods for our local food bank (Care & Share). We store them until the end of the season and then they come to pick them up. We had so many boxes last year we barely had room to pull the cans out to count them! I'll try to get you more specific numbers, Mike.
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Another to research would be www.hangmans.com

In their top year they donated $350,000 to charities. There is one large super detailed theme haunt which changes every year, a few smaller attractions in their lot and several amusement rides. Cooperative haunts operate on 20% of tickets to their individual event.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

This is information is on our website, this is the amount donated over the past 12 years with our partner group. The amount is a bit higher because the 2006 season has not been added in.

In partnership with the Green Bay Preble Optimists, Terror on the Fox has raised over $550,000 for local youth programs and charity organizations such as United Cerebral Palsy, The Boys and Girls Club of America, Big Brother/Big Sister, YWCA, YMCA, The Children’s Museum, Winner’s Wear Helmets, The Boy Scouts, Unity Hospice, and numerous local school organizations.

Hope this helps,

Tattoo
        Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Nightshade Manor donated $6700 and over 6 tons of food collected in exchange for a $2 ticket discount to the Memphis Food Bank. This was our first year and we were sucessful enough to be able do it again this year.
          Kevin
          MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Trail of Terror, CT donated over $100,000 this year to the Red Cross, we also gave $5000 to American Diabetes Assoc. and we're putting a new roof on the house of a needy local family.

Wayne

Comment

Spook, up until I got hurt, I would do a New roof for a senior a year, Kind of miss that feeling. KUDOS to all of you!
              Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

"Body", Doing a roof, (free, I'm assuming?) for a senior is a very admirable thing.
                I heard that for every five senior citizens, two of them have alot of wealth, what happened to the wealth of the other three?
                Their siblings took it away from them when the parents died!
                (Here in a small town we know these things)
                Work well, work hard and long, be smart, be frugal, yet the inheritor makes everyone look lame because they make all that money in the time it takes for someone to write a name on a piece of paper!
                In the end we have to live with what we have done, how we treated our fellowman..in 15 years of working for people, I have no trouble sleeping at night, no residue from any mis-dealings on my part, but then, in a small town there is no other way to exist, in my opinoin.
                Of course this whole planet is a small town.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Team Hauntedweb has donated around $100,000 in our 5 year run - We had to miss last season, but should be back @ it in 2007!
                  :P

Comment

Working...
                  X