Following Bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following Bust

Looking for a How To on making a Following Bust like the one in Disneys Haunted Mansion
    Greg Salyers
    Fear Entertainment

Your answer is : "Voodoo!"

This has been disscussed here before . Scan through some old threads, it's there already somewhere?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Abracadaver sells a good one. Got one, me happy with it.
      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

OK, so I know I'm an ametuer, but I cannot find any previous posts. If you find it, please let me know what you searched for...I tried about twenty different things.
        Greg Salyers
        Fear Entertainment

Comment

you would laugh if you saw how easy this prop is to make.i built a few.i will message you instructions

Comment

your gonna need a thin hard plastic mask or bust to start.build a shaddow boxwith front side open.then take your mask face,remember if its a whole mask you need to cut it in half.living masks like the skull one works great because the light shines through.then trace the outer outline of the mask on the piece of plywood and cut the shape out.next tack your mask into the hole you made.once the mask is secure.install the mask board 6 inches deep into the front side of your shaddow box.make sure you face the mask toward the inside of the box because this effect works on negative reflexion.after this step install a small light into the back of your shaddow box by drilling a small hole.adjust the light to maximize the effect but at that point your face will follow you

Comment

Originally posted by wipp
              your gonna need a thin hard plastic mask or bust to start.build a shaddow boxwith front side open.then take your mask face,remember if its a whole mask you need to cut it in half.living masks like the skull one works great because the light shines through.then trace the outer outline of the mask on the piece of plywood and cut the shape out.next tack your mask into the hole you made.once the mask is secure.install the mask board 6 inches deep into the front side of your shaddow box.make sure you face the mask toward the inside of the box because this effect works on negative reflexion.after this step install a small light into the back of your shaddow box by drilling a small hole.adjust the light to maximize the effect but at that point your face will follow you

wipp thank you for the shared information. where did you learn this? have any pictures of your work??

anyone else know of any how-to sites for this prop in general?

Comment

i built my first one in 2000 after i came home from disney world i was still on my creative high.i read on the internet the patent disney used to make the prop.well i got a thin half mask and made a crude shaddow box outta cardboard just to try it.and i pluged it in and i went dam wtf????its perfectttt,so then i painted liq latex on a bust of mozart.layered it up till i got what i needed and that worked great also.my 3rd was the one that actually looks the best.on ebay you can buy a womans face that is made to covers over a styrofoam wighead.she looks great because its her face and neck and all her features stand out.if anyone is having a prob with my crappy instructions message me and i will explain better

Comment

this websight will explain better http://hauntedportraits.com/graphics...nsion-Bust.pdf

Comment

Working...
                  X