DISTURBIA Here We Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by graystone View Post
    It's a secret!!! OK here it's called exterior paint LOL. The design is like a landscape of sorts. Seriously it's a special paint the dude uses from Australia I think he told me. I know I wish our cans here were made like these makes painting a breeze! Shane and it's over the rainbow! Shane
    I laughed out loud at "it's called exterior paint" xD

Originally posted by Fear Unfathomed View Post
    I am sooooo excited to see [MENTION=18008]devolino[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12741]All American[/MENTION] as well! And Josh, and your mom, and Shea, and Steve!!
    I'm SO excited for this season. Every few weeks my excitement level goes up a bit. hahaha

Originally posted by Fear Unfathomed View Post
    Shane that doll scene is freaking creepy. Nice work!
    That doll scene was a MASSIVE PAIN IN THE @SS. hahah I spent like 6 or 7 hours stapling all of them to the wall individually...and I'm still not totally sure how secure they are as far as obnoxious customers go. But a few hours later I was like "...I can't take all of these eyes on me anymore." and have since been avoiding that room when I can. The eyes of the special ones glow in the dark! o__O;

Comment

• One way or another...

I'm most definitely gonna have to try my best to make it down there this season to experience your haunted house for the 1st time! I'm very excited! BY the way, I need your cell number again, during my stay in the hospital AGAIN, my phone became missing. Soooooooooo, when I can afford to gt a new phone I'll have your number again. Thanks.
      John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

• Today!

Still pressing along! Shane and it's everyday counts! Shane
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

• Wish i was there, so awesome!

Kale

Comment

• Looks freaking incredible!! Huntsville won't know what hit it this year for sure, there's never been anything close to this there. I know I keep saying I'm gonna stop by but I too have swamped since March not building a haunt though, maybe this week I'll stop by if I see that Hummer there.

Comment

• 1st year rookie

Devon I doubt if you laughed as hard as me, damien a.k.a Justin and wipp a.k.a eddie laughed at you and Lauren when you said you use perma blood as a makeup alternative. And remove it with acetone and brake fluid?!!! This being spray painted on a building I dont really see it staying on the building for a long time through the elements through rain, snow, the sun ect. I dont care if it says interior or exterior. Thats why I was asking if they were using a sealer or something to protect it from the weather. But anyway your the one who brought this here. Here is another tip if your wanting no one taking the dolls and want something better than stapleing them down. Try liquid nails. Thats if Shane isnt worrying about damaging them. That Howdy Doody could be worth something?
              Damon
              Frightmasters
              Last edited by damon carson; 07-25-2011, 11:43 PM.
              Damon Carson

Comment

• Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                Devon I doubt if you laughed as hard as me, damien a.k.a Justin and wipp a.k.a eddie laughed at you and Lauren when you said you use perma blood as a makeup alternative. And remove it with acetone and brake fluid?!!! This being spray painted on a building I dont really see it staying on the building for a long time through the elements through rain, snow, the sun ect. I dont care if it says interior or exterior. Thats why I was asking if they were using a sealer or something to protect it from the weather. But anyway your the one who brought this here. Here is another tip if your wanting no one taking the dolls and want something better than stapleing them down. Try liquid nails. Thats if Shane isnt worrying about damaging them. That Howdy Doody could be worth something?
                Damon
                Frightmasters
                I never said I used it as a makeup alternative...? Lauren said she did and it works fine for her. And I was also just defending the fact that acetone can be used on skin. And this also isn't the right thread for bringing up a stupid conversation that is WAY over on Facebook, anyway, so...

Anyway, I was going to use liquid nails on the dolls, but Shane wanted them removable. It may have been my first year haunting, but it's not like I've never done any kind of craft in my life before.

Comment

• Im sure Larry and Shane can delete any of these posts if they want. After all he is a moderator on here! I figured this was directed at the things said on you all talking about perma blood on facebook! And my way of thinking and many others that is the stupidiest thing ive ever heard. Laurens name was mentioned. Your so defensive. But anyway you were part of all that stupid thread. I will make a different thread and start a poll on if perma blood should be used on your skin or face and best ways to remove it if you think you know everything. And mention the things you mentioned to remove it and see what other people think if its harmful on your skin or face. I imagine you will lose! Try large pieces of velcro then for the dolls. You work at Michaels.
                  Damon
                  Frightmasters
                  Last edited by damon carson; 07-26-2011, 01:25 AM.
                  Damon Carson

Comment

• Hummmmm

Ok my artist said the special spray paint he uses is made for outside and has a special coating in it. It's made for graffiti artist to use with big outdoor murals so it will not fade!!!! Ok now back to Disturbia!!!! Shane and it's still kicking! Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

• Thats good to know because thats why I was asking. I know regular spray paint does. And thats why I asked.
                      Thanks,
                      Damon
                      Frightmasters
                      Damon Carson

Comment

• Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                        Im sure Larry and Shane can delete any of these posts if they want. After all he is a moderator on here! I figured this was directed at the things said on you all talking about perma blood on facebook! And my way of thinking and many others that is the stupidiest thing ive ever heard. Laurens name was mentioned. Your so defensive. But anyway you were part of all that stupid thread. I will make a different thread and start a poll on if perma blood should be used on your skin or face and best ways to remove it if you think you know everything. And mention the things you mentioned to remove it and see what other people think if its harmful on your skin or face. I imagine you will lose! Try large pieces of velcro then for the dolls. You work at Michaels.
                        Damon
                        Frightmasters

My original post on here was laughing at Shane's comment and had absolutely nothing to do with anything else. And I was part of that thread because you started attacking everyone on a picture I uploaded. You're the only person who thinks I think I know everything and trying to start arguments with me is getting really old really fast.

Velcro is less permanent than staples, though. And congratulations on knowing where I work. Can we stop talking about old conversations and let this thread continue about Disturbia, now?

Comment

• Fine I started another thread. No one was attacking anyone. Sorry if you think if someones comments on anything they are that. Thanks for your input. I wont say anything anymore on this thread. I was suggesting the velcro on the bottom glue it to the shelf use the adhesive side on the bottom of doll. Use the staples as well. Wide velcro would take a good grip to take off. Turn sideways. And as long as there is an actor I dont think any would get stolen?!
                          Thanks,
                          Damon
                          Frightmasters
                          Last edited by damon carson; 07-26-2011, 11:05 PM.
                          Damon Carson

Comment

• my 2 cents

We've always used an inch & 5/8 screws with washers to attach most things to walls, people seem to have a harder time ripping props. This of course is a two deal idea, the props don't get messed up as easilly, & we (the haunted house) don't get ripped off of our stuff. We've used screws & washers for years & for the most part they have worked out just fine. My nursery scene is a good example, dolls all over the place! We usually are able to hide the screws simply by screwing in the back side of the doll to the wall or simply lifting a shirt/dress & using 3"er's to hold them in place. I have a feeling that some people who read this would think we left the screws in visible sight which in my opinion ruins the visual effect that something is real, nah, we do try our best to hide the unsightly things! For other props/items if we can find a paint to match the color of what we're attaching, we'll paint the screws so they'll blend in better.
                            Last edited by newhorror2010; 07-27-2011, 04:56 AM.
                            John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

• Hummmm

Damon, Devon would you two rent a room and have a hot, sweaty time!!!!!! Ok back to work! Shane and it's I think it's looking good! Shane
                              sigpic

Comment

• the thread that never stops. lol

larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President
                                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...