DISTURBIA Here We Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Guys.....

Thanks for all the emails, text and calls. Here is the deal I did not get the right paperwork in on time it was part my fault and part the cities for misinformation and part the company I am dealing with. We all worked together and have got it submitted and its all to do with the parking lot of all things and because of that I can't get my building permit yet ( key word yet). Yeah this sucks and makes it harder but I got determination it's just something to deal with. I knew this when I moved but again I had to free myself from the past headaches! I am still getting to do painting and things like that I have talked with the builder and as soon as the paper comes back I will put 2 shift crews on 3 if I have to!!! Down side I still got to wait 3 weeks but if Tim can get in his building in mid Aug and still open there is no reason I cant get in in July and still open!

The way I look at it had I started in January it still would not be what I wanted again I am starting from the ground up but at the end of the day you do what you got to do. Part of me want's to wait a year and the other says Shane you will not be happy if you dont thats just how it is. I am determined to pull off the impossible! I know my friends at Atrox has been working and so has all my other haunt buddies you know who you are. Again my haunt friends support has me driven, well that and the fact that I am sure there is a few out there that would be happy if I didn't but that's their problem and worry not mine!

Lastly to all you haunt guys that's called and said tell me when and where and we will be there I may just take you up on that! I assure you a nice room and a fun time with plenty to eat for sure, again it makes me feel like the biggest person in the world and its all because of you guys!

We have been doing filming and all this will make for a great informative video not to mention there may be a TV show to come out of all of this its a whirl wind guys! Again I will keep you posted and there will be more pictures and walls to show soon! I have also decied to use more vacume forum to help catch up and the contractor is going to start building wall panels to help play catch up that way when given the go ahead we will be one step ahead so I DO HAVE A PLAN! Keep me in your thoughts as you always do and again I really love you guys! Shane and its a guy with a plan! Shane this time!
    sigpic

Comment

• Just keep plugging along Shane. I thought about waiting a year as well but you lose so much momentum that way. We are all behind you and some of us in the same boat. Thanks for updating us on your progress. You have a lot of support and good looking stuff that will come together fast once you get the paperwork.

Eric
      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• DISTURBIA Here We Go!

Shane, keep going dont give up!!

I am new to the boards here,but I love, love, love Halloween..I have been designing low cost Halloween items for a company in China for many years, they sell the items i design to walmart,biglots walgreens..

by reading your post these past few months, you have inspired me to do a haunted house on the west coast, I have started working on some high end props for my haunted house...i am building and sculpting most of the stuff myself, but i will not do the haunted house till 2011...

I log on to this site everyday,(sometimes 3-4 times a day) just to read your posts and see how your coming on your haunted house...

You can get it done!! put good thoughts out there and it will happen, keep going dont give up!!

Maybe i will see you at some of the haunt trade shows next year...

jay and yen

Comment

• Jay, Yen

Its post like yours from total strangers who make my day. Dont get me wrong I love all my Industry friends and they all know that but to recieve a post like that just makes me feel really great its hard to even explain just to know your thoughts and how you feel towards something I did or said is the best thing in the world to me and much needed.

Some said I was crazy to walk away from a top attraction ( hey I am Insane Shane) but again all the fame and money in the world don't make one happy trust me on that. I needed to feel free and to be able to express myself without worrying what someone might think and now just to know when I do something I know it's for me and NO ONE ELSE!!! is AWSOME! When I buy something and spend my OWN money its for me and I don't have to share that with anyone! Again thank you for that post man I needed that! I brought Shaun my best friend, Justin, Michelle, Sherry, Corey, David ( who is truly my right hand man), Dennis and the Corn Stalkers and some of the Killen Fire Dept with me as well as my family and employees with my company and those are the people that mean the world to me but this Industry has taught me that I brought even more with me and thats a world of new and old friends who I never even realized were coming with me! They are my rock and support!

I also got Ben, Paul, Tim, Eric, and tons lending much needed support the list of names goes on and on and on I am one of the luckest guys in this Industry!

Lastly thanks you to Eric to know you and Tim and a few others are in the same boat with me just makes it alot easier! Shane and its all I can say is WOW! Shane this time!
          sigpic

Comment

• Check This Out Guys!

Ok wanted to give you guys a sneek peak at my first icon character the "Disturbing Insane Shane" Everyone knows that I love my good friends Wes and Ken at CFX and I will always use them but my good friend Brett hooked me up with this insane sculptor and mask designer Juan and let me say hes good! He took my thoughts and turned it into Disturbia's first official character. I wanted a morphing look and as you can see one side is differnet than the other with a suttle change over ! We got to add a little blood around the exposed brain area ( kinda hard to see in the pic but its where the stuff is oozing out of his head) and a little around the mouth and a lil here and there but not too much and a few swatches of hair here and there and were done! This is one of a few Juan will be doing for me as well as his first time to exhibit at TransWorld 2011. I will be introducing you more to him later and I might just share him ha! Again thanks Brett for introducing me to him and thanks Juan for bringing him to life for me! Shane and it's watch out guys Juan is up and coming! Shane this time!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by graystone; 06-24-2010, 07:52 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Not a problem at all Shane, glad to help the madman of the south!

Comment

• that mask looks great!

that is silicone right?

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

• Definitely silicone.

Looks great Shane, he did a nice job!

DA

Comment

• Shane, Thank You for the opportunity and i will send you pics of the blood and hair in a couple of days.
                    juan garcia
                    alteredfleshfx@aol.com

Comment

• Looks great Shane!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

• Shane..

My House would not be anything like it is if I had a partner. I really lucked-out when his conservative Wife nixed partnership offer!
                        Infact I think it would have totally flopped!
                        So when you said that your filming in your new place might become a reality show..does this mean you will be practising temper-tantrums as you throw motorcycle parts around?
                        There it is! A new haunt character!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Awesome job on that mask! Incredible looking icon character for sure. You have some top tallent working for you and they should be very proud of their work. Who's the lucky guy that gets to wear it? lol! Keep the photos coming Shane. We all look forward to seeing your project progress.

Eric
                          Last edited by elowther; 06-24-2010, 09:32 PM.
                          www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

• Love the mask!! I like the way it is morphing into something more evil. The cysts that will soon give birth to horns are a very nice touch. We can all have two personalities just depends on how others look at it or us...... Pretty twisted and very creative. Very good work!! I am amazed every day at the talent that is found within our group. We are a creative bunch thats for sure!! Keep it up!
                            http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

• Great looking mask Shane!

Allan

Comment

• here is a link to a short video of Disturbia's "insane shane" silicone mask. Enjoy
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoW07BiEijM
                                juan garcia
                                alteredfleshfx@aol.com

Comment

Working...
                                X