The Secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret

I know this is completely off subject, but I wanted to share something with this group that has been more than just inspiration in my life. It has been one of the reasons for my personal and our businesses success.

It is called "The Secret"
    http://www.thesecret.tv
    It is not only a philosophy, but a way of life.
    And is based on the LAW of ATTRACTION.
    very simply good thinking brings good events in your life.
    But the same goes for negative thinking. Thinking negative thoughts brings about negative actions or events in your life.

For example, rather than focusing on having a bad season, not making enough money, having a bad day. Focus on the positive side of things. Say you will have a good season and believe it, and you will. It goes so much further than that.

I will be honest, we had a rough season last year. and that has gotten me down a little.
    But oddly enough it was a good thing. I could have let that really hurt me and my business, but rather than going that route. I redeveloped our product lines, and the marketing of the product lines. Hopefully you will see and understand what I am talking about at www.hauntshow.com with the way we developed our booth.

And oddly enough "The Secret" just popped up again for me just when I needed it the most, and reminded me of the way I want to live my life.
    so hopefully a few of you read this, and check out the link.
    You won't regret it. It really is a life changer.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Kevin, there are no coincidences my friend! I look forward to seeing you at the show!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

haha, I'm not gonna say I am a non-believer but I do think this is all perception. It goes back to the "glass half-full/glass half-empty" thing. My roommate actually got this DVD and we watched it. Needless to say I didn't finish it, but glad to see it has worked so many miracles in your life! Maybe since you came on here an re-affirmed the content of "the secret", I might want to go back and watch it!
      O'Shawn McClendon
      Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

I don't know about any cosmic thing, but yes If you do good things and take care of folks, absolutely it should come back to you.

I always looked at as three things:

1) Work Ethic
        2) Talent
        3) Luck

It sorta seems like you need a good mix of these to be successful, but yes throwing in the positive attitude, the never quiting (Work ethic) etc. is only bound to help you out.

If you spend your time trying to stop others from succeeding that bad stuff is not only going to distract you from your goals, it is going to make people in the long run not so eager to see you do well.

Kind of common sense I guess.

Thanks!
        Ben Armstrong
        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

I absolutely believe in this philosophy : )

The bottom line is I'm more of a 4 Agreements guy. Its a great book that has profound philosophy on life..... Basically removing all the negativity that surrounds us on a daily basis.

The Four Agreements can be summed up as follows:

(1) Be Impeccable With Your Word.
          (2) Don't Take Anything Personally.
          (3) Don't Make Assumptions.
          (4) Always Do Your Best.
          Last edited by poison; 03-17-2010, 10:42 AM.
          sigpic
          PEACE, ADAM
          www.poisonprops.com

Comment

I haven't seen the dvd myself...but I've seen a small chunk and from that it seemed to me to really be a kind of spin-off of the prosperity gospel which has taken a strong hold in certain segments of the Christian Chruch. Using phrases like "Name it claim it" or "Believe it achieve it" they tell you that by having faith in God to give you whatever you want you will get it. Although this seems to shy away from including God in the mix, the message appears to be the same. I have to say I don't buy into the idea that positive thoughts lead to positive results and when you try to say that that's God's message (Prosperity Gospel) I think you're looking at heresy.

To say that there's no value in being positive, however, I think is short sighted. I believe very much that being negative and hateful all the time is like a poison that rots you from the inside out. I just think that when you put your faith in something like this...you are bound to end up being disappointed eventually. Not to get all preachy or anything, but from my point of view putting your faith in anything outside of God is setting yourself up for disappointment. Just my two cents.

Kip
            Kip Polley
            www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
            We Engineer Fear

Comment

awesome well put

awesome well put, you know -we are all in this together, like family , just wanting money to pay bills , nothing else. GOD BLESS AMERICA
              sigpic
              Boomtownscare.com
              Boomtownhouseofterror.com

Comment

Kevin!

Amen! Amen! Shane and its I will say it again! Amen! Shane this time.
                sigpic

Comment

I have to say I went back and read my post and I sounded like some kind of religious jealot.
                  I most certainly am not. Kip, I don't believe in this as some kind of religious dogma. Just another perspective that helps me work to be positive rather than ruminating on the negative.

The only reason I posted this is because it seems like everything around us right now is negativity.
                  And this is one way to help focus on more positive thinking.

For example,
                  in the secret they were talking about Anti war rallies propogating War. So, they suggested doing a Pro Peace Rally instead. I thought that was pretty creative. It changes the focus from a negative towards war to a positive towards peace.

I was finding myself worrying too much about the way things were going to be this year, but instead am back to realizing everything will happen as usual. And if you want things to change you have to be active in changing things.
                  Every year it is the same cycle, and it has been the same for years and years. Why should it be any different now.
                  But you can't just think positive. You have to be active in goal setting and completion of the goals. whatever the goal is You have to work to achieve it.
                  This is why we increased our booth size, developed new product lines, and reorganized our product lines so it is clear what we are producing this year.
                  So please please, when you come to our booth please let me know how you think we did this year. I would appreciate the feedback.

So no religious fanaticism, or dogma.
                  Just working to be positive
                  Setting of goals
                  And working to achieve the goals.
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com
                  www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                  www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                  www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kevin,

I have not seen the movie or read the book. Although through life experience, reading and learning more on this sort of thing. I have come to agree with you.
                    Ken
                    www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

I agree with you Kevin , there are too many negatives out in the world . A positive attitude certainly repels a lot of the negativity ! We've witnessed this in our Haunted Attraction setting numerous times . Things start to get unruly in Que line over VIP Passes when someone didn't want to pay the extra fee & someone who did was moving along faster & they end up waiting longer . So we move the disgruntled group to the end of the VIP line with a FREE upgrade , even though they sometimes end up going in after they originally would have it settles the matter & calms the mood for every one so ALL can enjoy the experience . Positive will overpower negative in most every circumstance !

Comment

Working...
                      X