Skull Kingdom Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skull Kingdom Auction

The Skull Kingdom auction turned out to be a near disaster. The property inside sold for a total of $33,000.00 and the owners of Skull Kingdom got upset. They thought they'd fetch about $100,000.0 so they got a bit upset when the high bid ended up at 33,000.00.

Then the owners tried to say certain things where not included, but the whole thing got resolved in the end and everyone is happy. The building will be torn down soon and the new owners of the guys of Skull Kingdom are taking everything include the famous Skull on the front of the building.

I dont' know why they didn't auction it off piece by piece but they didn't. Now they have to live with the results.

About 30 people showed up for the auction with about 18 registered buyers.

Interesting stuff.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

That is pretty sad...
    -PH
    www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

So if you are a betting man, what will Screamworks go for?

Thanks

Ben
      NETHERWORLD
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Oh my, What a shame. I think they would of gotten more if it was piece by piece. Too bad I dont live in FL I would of went.

Comment

Mansion: $25,000.00

Pirate: $25,000.00

Tunnel: $7000.00

Chainlink Maze: $12,000.00

Last attraction can't remember the name: $12,000.00

Lets play the price is right.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

From what I have seen they only go to individual lots if no one bids on the whole thing. Plus there would have to be a higher number of people to buy all the smaller lots.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

All 5 attractions for $12,000. And I feel bad about it but, this is what I have seen everywhere. And they make you leave the trailers as someone already bought them, so you have to get a trailer and move everything in 24 hours.

Auctions are not the way to go.
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

There was a car junkyard near here 20 years ago. The "collection" were 1.200 cars from Model "T" Fords to Chyrsler air-flows, Hudsons, Packhards, ex cetra.
                It was a three-day auction, two bidders, junkers, got almost every bid but after awhile if someone expressed an intrest in a particulair car the junkers would let them have it, usually.
                The 1941 Packhard went for $341.oo, it was all in one-piece, a complete car, it looked pretty good.
                The second day of the auction word had spread that the price of scrap steel in New York had dropped, both junkers lowered their bids considerably.
                The auction wasn't quite over when the crew working for the one junker began yanking their cars out.
                A week or two later his check bounced.
                Half of the items "sold" were never paid for.
                That is where I got the 5 1949-51 Hudsons I decorated the house with.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I can't see paying more than $50,000 for all of the Screamworks stuff combined. I saw it back in Novenber and was not impressed.

Comment

So Larry..... Do you know who bought it and what their intentions are?

Wayne

Comment

After Dwight Eisenhower's inaguration a man bought the wooden, purpose-built reveiwing stand, cut the lumber into small pieces and thought he could sell them as souveneers, he couldn't.
                      People often buy things for all the wrong reasons, but hey, if they are spending their own hard-earned...
                      If they fleeced a group of investors or took it from Grandma's purse.......
                      In the last 20 years all the bank account embezzlers were all children and relatives of the people whose accounts got robbed, children working in the bank! (Looking for that mere little "slap" on the wrists, time off for good behavior?)
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

After Abraham Lincoln was assasinated, a little display of what was in his pockets was offered to see. There was the normal watches and pen knives and odd bits but, what stood out was a confederate $5 bill.

Just earlier, he had taken a wagon to Richmond Virginia to see what the capital of the other side had been. Mostly black people came to great him and one older man came up and handed him the $5 confederate money and said he had been saving this money to buy his freedom and you earned it.

The moral of the story, when it is all over people look at your stuff.

This has nothing to do with this topic. I just thought since we were bringing up history moments I would just get that off my chest. My next report will be on how Penguins regulate their body temperature. It's quite detailed research.
                        sigpic

Comment

Really it's amazing, every little penguin feather has a shaft with dowm in it and every feather has a muscle that allows the feathers to be pulled in tight or raised up open to cool the body. Generally like most animals, they can only shiver so long before they come sick so if penguins have bald spots it is better that they don't go to Transworld.
                          sigpic

Comment

If Penguins have balled "Spots"?
                            " Those women took an oath!" Batman said!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A post on Chainsawwolf said that the new owners of Skull Kingdom are going to resell most of the stuff. They will make back their money and keep some things that they wanted. This came from a guy who worked there and was helping at the action.
                              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                              X