Sadly & Unfortunately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly & Unfortunately

You all know me on here now as "newhorror2010", my real name is John Elks. Ever since Transworld of last year I've been planning a return visit, unfortunately those plans have been crushed & shot all to hell.
    Approx. 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, still, all the way up to this point I tried deperately to live my life normal as possible & get ready for Transworld. This would've been my 2nd time going & I was so happy because I had a bigger budget to take this time.
    My surgery has been scheduled for next weekend which happens to be during Transworld. I am so frustrated & upset I can no longer go, but the tumor MUST come out.

After this post I have to be on bed rest unil time of surgery, afterwards (& as long as I'm able to pull through) I'll update you all on my status. I am SO sorry.
    These are the cards I was dealt & I'm playing them out the best I can.

Regretfully,

John

Larry, I'm just glad you kept us up to date with your pics & posts, that's gonna be the only way I can see The Darkness now. Great job to you & your crew!
    John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Best of luck on the surgery John. I know many people here will be pulling for you. Please keep us updated as to your progress...
    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Thank you, I will.
      John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

John,

I'm very sorry to hear of this news regarding your health. Nothing is more important than being healthy and I pray you have a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Transworld will always be around, there will be plenty of updates about the show right here on the forum.

Take care of yourself and keep us all posted!

Allan Bennett

Comment

John,
          I will collect catalogs from vendors and mail the to you. Please PM me your address. There is always next for TW and you might be up to speed when MHC comes around. stay strong and I will send you catalogs.
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

A haunters love

Allthough I do not know you ,you are a haunter and therefore you are family there I must offer up my deepest and sincere wishes for you too pull through and come back to doing what you love and hold so dearly too your heart , I know I can say on behalf of every one in our industry our love and prayers are with you my friend as you forgo this indeavor see you soon. Your friend mike

Comment

John

Best of luck to you for a full and speedy recovery! There will be many more TransWorlds you do what you need to do and get better we all will be praying for you! Shane and its your in my thoughts and prayers! Shane this time.
              sigpic

Comment

I know how you feel. When I was 5 I had open heart surgery. I missed Halloween, celebrated my birthday in the hospital and had to repeat a grade because of all the time I missed being so sick and recovering from surgery. You'll get through this. My experience of having open heart surgery is what got me interested in Halloween and haunted houses. But that's a story for another time. Good luck and remember that the haunt industry will still be there when you are done with surgery.
                Spooky Wishes
                Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I wish you a speedy recovery John and let us know if there is anything we can do.
                  Katie Lane
                  Partner/VP
                  Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                  sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Your health comes first, there will be more shows. Get healthy and we'll be thinking of you.

Chris
                    Buy Scary Halloween Masks

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear...
                      I hope your surgery goes well and you make a speedy recovery.
                      Zach Wiechmann
                      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Let me tell you, JOHN..........

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I am so tired of rolling with the punches, I can't roll anymore. Hang in there, man. we're all here for you. I will say a prayer for you. I wish you only the best. Don't worry, you'll be back at TRANSWORLD next year. Take care, Best wishes, Chuck

Comment

I hope all goes well, the show can wait untill next year and then you can go at it like gang busters.
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I hate news like this, good luck bro!
                            The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

We'll be thinking of you John,

We all wish you a speedy recovery. Transworld is nothing compared to the big picture and getting well. It will be here next year bigger and better than ever waiting for you.

When you can post updates on how you are doing.

pm me with your address and I'll send you a disk with the Power Point slideshow of my seminar. That way you can watch it while you recover and feel like you are there. With all the catalogs Allen will send, that should keep you entertained during your recovery period.

Take care,

Eric
                              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Working...
                              X